Where to buy used KS18XL ? Or is used a mistake?

I am looking to get my first EUC, I was thinking of buying a used KS 18XL

Do you think buying used is OK ?
or should I be looking to buy new ?

If I buy used, where would I look to for used KS 18XL ?

I am new to this, sorry if these questions seem stupid, I just want to avoid making a big mistake.

Thanks

• Like 2

18Xl is a pretty solid wheel. I wouldnt see any reason a GOOD used one would be an issue. Of course, its all relative to how honest the buyer is. My first wheel was a used one with 2miles on it. Actually, the failure curve of electronics is a bell shape. You may be better off buying a very gently used one, as the risk of getting a new dud is gone.  Of course, I KNOW how great the 18L and xl series are and Im already a rider. I would look for good used, but wouldnt shy away from a new one from local retailer either. Keep an eye out. plenty of people here that sell a perfectly good 18L/XL for around $1200, with grand ideas that some newer version is better. Snatch em up when you see em, before they realize their mistake.

The for sale section here is a good place to look. Ebay favors buyers unfairly, so if you're buying and not selling, you could shop ebay as well. Just MAKE SURE you check the serial number so you know its not a regionally locked wheel. YOu will also want to see a VERY recent screenshot of 100% charge level. Beware of wheels w/o chargers, or sellers who act like getting a screenshot is tough or pretend they dont know how. ANY normal rider would easily answer these questions for you. As always, its buyer beware and your ability to be patient or fix your own wheels, will have bearing on your favor of warranty or not.

There are no stupid questions, there's many stupid people however.:efeebb3acc:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1