Battery connection

Vadim Andreyev

Hey there, today my EU got a pretty good hit after which it wouldnt start.. when I pushed the power button it started beeping and the power led was flashing...I assumed there is a problem with the battery connection so I opened the wheel and played a bit with the wires of the battery, than I fixed them tighly to the body of the wheel (from inside) and the problem was solved... now the wheel works fine, the problem is that Im afraid this thing might come back and in a worse case even happen on the road and the wheel will turn off suddenly, can anybody here give some advice on the subject? I will appriciate any help, thanks.

Is your battery hard wired to the control board, or does it have a 2 pin connector plug?

If it is plugged and you have firmed up the connection, a very slight bend of the pins works well, then fixing the wires near the plug or even the plug itself to stop it from wagging about should have prevented future problems, or at least as much as you can.

Are you sure it wasn't the other end where the plug is that made the connection when you moved the wire?

It sounds as if you have a loose connection and by moving the wire you've put a little pressure on it to make the connection. You really should investigate further.

A bad connection can cause arcing and heat build up.

It is relatively simple if it's the plug but a lot more complex if it's the connection into the battery pack, and to be honest unusual as the wires normally go in a fair distance to prevent and stress on the joints.

Well I used the wheel today seems like everything is fine.. but you are probably right I have to check the other side also... the problem is that in order to get there I have to tear the black and red cover from the side which you can see in my avatar picture (and than glue it back) so I dont want to do it for now... hope there wont be problems.

thanks for your help!

Archived