The silent acknowledgement

Paddylaz

Totally random, but does anyone else love that 'unicorn' moment when you ride past another euc'er. 

Spent the few hours of sunshine London had to offer today wheeling around Hyde Park on my Lhotz.

Got the usual 'what is that?!' and 'awesome' comments when suddenly a guy on a bright yellow custom 9bot went past me. First time I've seen another euc 'in the wild' excluding an organized meetup.

We gave each other a big smile.

Anyone else almost NOT looking forward to these becoming more popular? I like the niche status.

ps. Merry Xmas everyone ?

What? No race? Boo ...

Haha, yeah, as much as I wanted to see other EUC riders for a meetup, I also kind of hoping unicycle is not becoming as trendy as hoverboard, keep it exclusive, haha, hmm... maybe make it limited to 20 riders per town, lol.

6 hours ago, playdad said:

Oh Oh..  I sense some Ninebot vs IPS tension here.

Then the 9bot guys come in with "Come race with someone your own size.. take on the P" :P

In all honestly, yeah, sometimes its nice to be unique and feel like you have the exclusivity!

In our place all that they say is "How much???" :D

Having said that, the IPS's beeping is irritating/embarassing to the extent that I rarely take it above 22kph unless I'm alone.

if I was a braver soul and had the expertise id open the wheel up to 'modify' this but alas now IPS has basically cut all shipping to the UK so my wheel and I are on our own should the worst happen. So don't want to take the risk.

Still, it's nice having the only (probably) Lhotz in the country!

5 hours ago, SlowMo said:

In our place all that they say is "How much???" :D

Ha, right!  That is the one question that I no longer answer.  I tell them to look it up on the internet.  

Archived