Ninebot One C+ or E+?

ThatCharlieDude

Hi Group! I'm looking to purchase another euc and I've narrowed it down to either a ninebot one c+ or e+. I'm attracted to the lower price of the C+ but I worry that I won't get enough mileage from it. I live in a suburb about 3 miles from the closest store. I'm not a serious rider but I would like to be able to ride it to the store or my son's school so I need about 6 to miles from a charge.  Also the area I live in is very flat, there are just a couple of low hills. The specs of the two units look very similar, other than the battery size and estimated total mileage what other differences are there? I looked for a review of the C+ on the site but I wasn't able to find one. Thanks for your help!

C+ for lighter weight and reduced mileage (also slightly slower?)

E+ for duration

P for High speed adrenalin junkies?  No additional mileage over the E+ though at least as heavy.

All units are same size, same basic principle of riding etc.  Suppose it depends on your weight and what you want out of it.

I went for the E+ but only because the P wasn't out back in August - I'd certainly go for the additional cost of the P now but am very happy with the one I've got.  It's very heavy to carry - not sure exactly the difference between them but if you plan to pick it up for any length of time then the C+ would be favourable.

Best of luck, Richard.

I myself purchased C+ from banggood.com for a really good price, after discount etc came out $460, the difference with the E+ is around $220, for me I'd rather save the money and get the C+.

Alas, few days later they told me they dont have both C+ and E+ in stock.

Looking at Ebay and other retailers, I can't find the C+ for that price, more like $650-700, and I found one from Ebay US Reseller in CA for $775, with 4x Ebay bucks at that time, bringing it down to around $720, for me the only choice is E+, since the price with the C+ is no longer that great anymore, almost the same or under $50.

So, I'd suggest check the price difference, if it's not that much greater, go for the E+

6 hours ago, DangerousDick said:

C+ for lighter weight and reduced mileage (also slightly slower?)

E+ for duration

P for High speed adrenalin junkies?  No additional mileage over the E+ though at least as heavy.

All units are same size, same basic principle of riding etc.  Suppose it depends on your weight and what you want out of it.

I went for the E+ but only because the P wasn't out back in August - I'd certainly go for the additional cost of the P now but am very happy with the one I've got.  It's very heavy to carry - not sure exactly the difference between them but if you plan to pick it up for any length of time then the C+ would be favourable.

Best of luck, Richard.

I'm 6'2" and 200 lb (90kg). Would I be better off with an E+? for the larger battery because of my weight? 

1 hour ago, Vanquiz said:

I myself purchased C+ from banggood.com for a really good price, after discount etc came out $460, the difference with the E+ is around $220, for me I'd rather save the money and get the C+.

Alas, few days later they told me they dont have both C+ and E+ in stock.

Looking at Ebay and other retailers, I can't find the C+ for that price, more like $650-700, and I found one from Ebay US Reseller in CA for $775, with 4x Ebay bucks at that time, bringing it down to around $720, for me the only choice is E+, since the price with the C+ is no longer that great anymore, almost the same or under $50.

So, I'd suggest check the price difference, if it's not that much greater, go for the E+

The price difference I've seen is about $150 which isn't that big of a deal. I think I'm leaning more and more towards a E+ I don't really care about the faster speed (at least not yet) but the increased mileage and bigger battery may be my deciding factor. 

If it's $150 and not a big deal for you, then I'd say go E+, keep searching for the best price and local reseller that provide service and warranty if possible, you know you'll regret it once you got C+ and wondering whether you should get the E+ or not, haha 

I just got my E+ yesterday, it's sooo beautiful, lot heavier though than my cheap universal TG T3, but boy, that thing is damn sexy.

Havent try it yet, I'd better get better at riding EUC first, after you advised me to keep practicing last weekend, the next day I'm getting a bit better, even though it came with bigger damage, both at my body and my car :(, dinged the side skirt from a runaway unicycle, lol.

Keep us updated :)

14 hours ago, ThatCharlieDude said:

I'm 6'2" and 200 lb (90kg). Would I be better off with an E+? for the larger battery because of my weight? 

If that's 90kg before you've got some heavy boots on and winter gear then I'd be more inclined to look for a P model for the additional power?

I'm 75kg (in by birthday suit!) and the E+ has been great FWIW :)

3 hours ago, DangerousDick said:

If that's 90kg before you've got some heavy boots on and winter gear then I'd be more inclined to look for a P model for the additional power?

I'm 75kg (in by birthday suit!) and the E+ has been great FWIW :)

I'm in Texas we don't get a serious winter, it's 15C today. :) Though I do wear boots to help with foot fatigue. I think I'll go with the E+, the P has a little too much power for me. 

17 hours ago, Vanquiz said:

I just got my E+ yesterday, it's sooo beautiful, lot heavier though than my cheap universal TG T3, but boy, that thing is damn sexy.

Havent try it yet, I'd better get better at riding EUC first, after you advised me to keep practicing last weekend, the next day I'm getting a bit better, even though it came with bigger damage, both at my body and my car :(, dinged the side skirt from a runaway unicycle, lol.

Keep us updated :)

Isn't the T3 fun? Though my feet do get tired on it. I'm pretty stable on it now and I'm working on my endurance now. My next goal is learning to traverse my steep driveway and then a rolling stop (jiggling back and forth) at a stop light or sign. 

I think you have convinced me to get the E+, now to save my pennies. :)

2 hours ago, ThatCharlieDude said:

Do I need to worry about the firmware issue on a new ninebot?

Only if it's 1.2.6 or 1.2.9.  Depending on when it went 'into the box' it could have anything on but these two are KNOWN to be problematic.

1.2.7 was stable and 1.3.0 seems to be OK.  1.2.2 was probably the best one to stick with if possible, but currently there's no way of going backward (firmware wise anyhow!).

From experience I'd say to let others upgrade and keep an eye out for problems for at least a month before plunging in ;)

5 minutes ago, DangerousDick said:

Only if it's 1.2.6 or 1.2.9.  Depending on when it went 'into the box' it could have anything on but these two are KNOWN to be problematic.

1.2.7 was stable and 1.3.0 seems to be OK.  1.2.2 was probably the best one to stick with if possible, but currently there's no way of going backward (firmware wise anyhow!).

From experience I'd say to let others upgrade and keep an eye out for problems for at least a month before plunging in ;)

I agree with DD, here.  If your bot works on the firmware release right now, this is not the time to update it.  Ninebot has shown themselves to have serious problems in their production of firmware updates.  Dangerous problems.  Until they step in and fix their business process problem, beware.  Because I am still riding 1.2.2, I am considering waiting as much as a year to allow management to fix their problem in that department.  Their process is broken.  It will take them some time to fix their process.  I will wait to see if/when they do.  One indicator would be when they stop releasing a new firmware update every week or 2 weeks.  That just doesn't make any sense, and indicates they are in some kind of panic mode.  If they are releasing more than one update a month (and even that is a lot), then they don't know what they are doing.  And that represents what is going on right now.  They don't know what they are doing.  Wait.  Wait and watch.  Now is not the time to update.  They are still broken in the update department.  Hopefully they will fix it, but it will take time.  Hang back. 

Archived