March 2021: Is the tire problem solved ?

Finn Bjerke

Im told the newer Shermans have no tire problems - the tire/ wheel misfit is no longer  problem (March 2021).  Have Leaperkim made a better rim a V2 so to speak? Any news on that? 

Alternative tire(s) might also help Im told:

🌟 ZenRyder "What's weird is I run my tire pressure a little low with the Shinko 244. 25-30 lbs. The 244 is so solid, I doubt I will have any problems with it because the sidewall is so thick. I jump curbs without worrying about it and the low pressure makes it feel smoother than some of the suspension wheels. They are basically bicycle/scooter tires. The Shinko 244 is a dual sport motorcycle tire rated to 93 mph. Totally different experience."

Its mentioned here also:

Looks cool too:

https://www.amazon.com/Shinko-244-Rear-Front-Tire/dp/B003CK7LFW

I got this from eWheels near the end of Feb.  -

"In our limited testing there has been some rubbing with the Kenda K262 with the updated rim... We may need to revert to the original rim for the knobby tire if this isn't resolved, while the Kenda K340A street tire behaves well with the new rim"

From moments ago LOL - 

"We can confirm that the new, wider rim will be part of this entire shipment - compatible with both knobby and street tires, along with the new, waterproofed top panel."

Edited by gon2fast

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 1:23 AM, shellac said:

Yeah I got the same update. I inquired further and they said apparently Veteran changed the pedal hangers to solve the rubbing. 

Witch batch contains ubgraded pedal hangers ? Or manufacturing date late january is "old" or is ok with new hangers?

And rim change is from when in production ?

Thanks for reply.

10 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

Witch batch contains ubgraded pedal hangers ? Or manufacturing date late january is "old" or is ok with new hangers?

Thanks for reply.

I am waiting for a delivery of a Sherman so I only have my research and nothing concrete. However, it seems to me that red buttons on the display is the easiest indicator of current latest batch aka higher pedals, new display (duh), potentially upgraded rim, firmware with less "pedal dip" (perhaps already fixed in earlier/blue versions) etc. Indication probably doesnt equal proof in this case. Sellers with European warehouse(s) on aliexpress seem to be getting a new batch "now" (some claim they got it mid March, but that they have to send it between warehouses in EU now lol. Due to tax evasion? Unclear communication). I also heard similar mentions of a new delivery around March here on the forum regarding a vendor in the US. I have tried to ask specific questions to sellers on aliexpress, but my feeling is that it is of questionable help since it is difficult to tell whether the answers given are based on truth or what they think will sell more :) 

When (if) I get my delivery I would be happy to do any tests/measurements/photos, but Im still waiting since a couple of weeks (even if I ordered when the Sherman was "in stock" in the EU warehouse and they assured me they only had latest version :lol::cry2:)

Any ideas of how the rim could be tested for new vs old? Im not even sure what they would change. Larger circumference of the rim? Probably not by much so difficult to test without side-by-side comparison. I have an EUC shop in my city though, hmm. They have "old" Shermans so perhaps I could go there and ask them if I could do the comparison... Im sure they would be happy to see I didnt buy from them (at ~50% higher price) :eff05cf9bc:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KPul said:

Larger circumference of the rim?

The newer one is wider, if you have them side by side you might see it or feel it by hand.
Else you can measure with a calliper, mine (V1) is about 40mm at the widest.

Edited by null
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, null said:

The newer one is wider, if you have them side by side you might see it or feel it by hand.
Else you can measure with a calliper, mine (V1) is about 40mm 

Thanks! Will try when/if I get mine and include whether the measurement is inside or outside (i.e. if it includes the metal "sidewall" of the rim or not)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2021 at 11:17 AM, DjPanJan said:

Thanks for reply.

Answer myself my sherman is created/asembled/packed 28.1.2021 and have wider 6cm rim red buttons knobby tire by default

• 1 month later...

Thanks @RagingGrandpa
I just read the post and it looks kind of like a toss up at the moment. 
@Elliott Reitz said " I saw someone on YT with an SR244 on an MS Pro that looked like it fit without shaving so I wonder if the MSP shell is 1/4" or so wider. 
not sure if this is true or not but the tyre just arrived in the mail so I'll be able to see how it fits. I'll explore the Tyre Thread more and see if I can find more findings. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2021 at 8:37 PM, Finn Bjerke said:

Im told the newer Shermans have no tire problems - the tire/ wheel misfit is no longer  problem (March 2021).  Have Leaperkim made a better rim a V2 so to speak? Any news on that? 

I just did a tire reseating recently (after trying it 5 times, each time failed), what I did recently that worked well is the following:

Deflate tire to 0

Pulled the tire around the circumference

Pushed the tire into the rim (ensuring all lines around the tire were somewhat even around the rim.

Inflate to  10 psi (Rode it in place pivoting back and forth ensuring the full range of teh wheel touched the ground)

Deflate to 0 again

Ensure follow all steps above, but dont inflate to 10.

Put the EUC upside down (tire up)

Rolled the tire around to see what areas are too much far to the right or to the left, using the mud guard and the shell as a guide.

Pulled the tire left or right as needed to ensure a true tire roll.

Hand spin to ensure trueness. 

Put euc on its side (ensuring the tire does not press on the floor.

Pump the tire to 30psi, electric tire spin and check for trueness/sway/wobble 

For me, my reseating method has worked and no more sway in my tire!! Rides true now 

Edited by WILSON-YT
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 2:17 AM, WILSON-YT said:

I just did a tire reseating recently (after trying it 5 times, each time failed), what I did recently that worked well is the following:

Deflate tire to 0

Pulled the tire around the circumference

Pushed the tire into the rim (ensuring all lines around the tire were somewhat even around the rim.

Inflate to  10 psi (Rode it in place pivoting back and forth ensuring the full range of teh wheel touched the ground)

Deflate to 0 again

Ensure follow all steps above, but dont inflate to 10.

Put the EUC upside down (tire up)

Rolled the tire around to see what areas are too much far to the right or to the left, using the mud guard and the shell as a guide.

Pulled the tire left or right as needed to ensure a true tire roll.

Hand spin to ensure trueness. 

Put euc on its side (ensuring the tire does not press on the floor.

Pump the tire to 30psi, electric tire spin and check for trueness/sway/wobble 

For me, my reseating method has worked and no more sway in my tire!! Rides true now 

I got the latest VS May 2021 order, and arrived on Jul 2nd 2021. Tire was a little wobbly +30 mph when I lifted it up slowly. Thought I could massage it to its trueness but made it way worse. Now the tire has a small side to side wobble, and the tire whiskers seem to be touching one side. I hope it's nothing major. Would love anyone else to give me tips/tricks because my hands/forearms are sore after hours of massaging the tire.:efee96588e:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Whitebeard said:

I got the latest VS May 2021 order, and arrived on Jul 2nd 2021. Tire was a little wobbly +30 mph when I lifted it up slowly. Thought I could massage it to its trueness but made it way worse. Now the tire has a small side to side wobble, and the tire whiskers seem to be touching one side. I hope it's nothing major. Would love anyone else to give me tips/tricks because my hands/forearms are sore after hours of massaging the tire.:efee96588e:

I got my Sherman from the same batch I think. Same issue. I have the street tire and it was a bumpy ride going around 25mph. I went to a gas station, completely deflated the tire, loosened the rubber from the rim and kind of moved it back and forth, along the rim, keeping an eye on the air valve so it wiggled a little bit. I then filled it back up to 40 psi. Doing a lift test told me it wasn't perfectly balanced but riding it, I couldn't feel the bumpyness anymore so I'm happy.

• Like 1

My personal experience with knobby kenda on sherman is:

Warning you can make wobble worse after reseating tire . This happend me and 6 reseating must hapend to "fix" to + - original state when i unbox sherman.:facepalm:

Real fix my wobbling was motorcycle weight and guide make by @mrelwood

317ctOPhEVL._AC_.jpg

guide is here:

My sherman is woblefree and everybody who try my MSP or sherman not belive this level of smoothnes is possible on EUC compared to original unbox state what they riding.

Logicaly every valve(air fill hole) need around 20 grams to counterweight and weight distribution in motor is not ideal by factory too.

Here is picture with weights on MSP rim just like exmple: (and no i no lost any of weights in time all is holding great) I purchased weights(strip) from local tireservice for +- 1 dollar/eur dont know brand sorry.0nPStyh.jpg 

• Like 2