Foot fatigue - wide feet

baobui

I’ve been starting to go on longer rides and my feet are killing me. I’ve read on other posts that it’s just foot muscles adjusting, and that is part of it for sure. But I noticed that when I switched to wider shoes, it made a big difference. I have wide feet and the foot movement during riding my euc really makes my feet fatigue faster with normal shoes. If you have wide feet, try a shoe with more room in the box part of the shoe. Cheers!

• Like 2

Definitely need comfy shoes! I feel all sorts of odd when my shoes are even tied a bit too loosely. Being comfy enough to move around on the pedals is a great habit to help with fatigue. I would suspect that whether or not you move within wide shoes or the shoe itself, the theory remains. Towards the end of last riding season, I noticed that conditioning kpet my feet from being sore, altho 'pins and needles' still showed itself at times. Similar to how the hands feel after a long tour on a motorcycle.

Pedals that arent canted inwards as much help too.  I recently had my V10f exchanged for a newer model because of mechanical issues with the old one and it seems that Inmotion has reduced the pedal angle to pretty much zero on the latest models. It felt extremely weird at first after I had gotten to the more canted pedals of my old wheel over 1.800km but after 20-25 km I really got used to it and actually liked it more than the old, more canted pedals. I did a 40km ride on that new wheel yesterday and had less leg and foot pains after that distance than I ever had on my old wheel.

Edited by mhpr262
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mhpr262 said:

Pedals that arent canted inwards as much help too.  I recently had my V10f exchanged for a newer model because of mechanical issues with the old one and it seems that Inmotion has reduced the pedal angle to pretty much zero on the latest models. It felt extremely weird at first after I had gotten to the more canted pedals of my old wheel over 1.800km but after 20-25 km I really got used to it and actually liked it more than the old, more canted pedals. I did a 40km ride on that new wheel yesterday and had less leg and foot pains after that distance than I ever had on my old wheel.

I agreee. I leveled out my mten pedals to cloely match my 18L. I found a steep angle is hard on the hips and knees. Big flat level pedals are most comfy for me. However, it comes at a tradeoff of a little less 'planted' feeling on the wheel. My sherm is a slight greater angle, but the tradeoff is worth it in that instance.

• Like 1

Ya I too have found that xW shoes helps me lots. That plus a hard sole like hikers &or work boots alleviates foot pain somewhat. I still have some soreness initially but that goes away after a while.

• Like 1