London

Paddylaz

• 5 weeks later...

how EUC friendly is London?   We are goin to london for a couple of days over the holidays,   considering weather its worth the wee man bringing his euc or not to bother?  

Thanks

On 19/06/2016 at 2:05 AM, WeeJ said:

how EUC friendly is London?   We are goin to london for a couple of days over the holidays,   considering weather its worth the wee man bringing his euc or not to bother?  

Thanks

Hi, London is like a giant EUC playground although to say it's congested (especially in the tourist areas) is an understatement. I have posted a list of London skate facilities in this thread and there's plenty of parks and open spaces. If you are planning on using the tube/public transport then a trolley handle is very useful.

we are staying near Kings Cross, and will be visiting Regents park.  Don't have a trolly handle though its the wee man's airwheel x3, so heavy but not too heavy to carry short distances.   We go in and out of Glasgow on the bus and use the subway regularly, though now London will be a much greater scale.   Thanks Jonathan. 

• 8 months later...

Hey guys! I'm a little late to the party, semi-new euc rider here. Live in Kent and riders around these parts are nonexistent. Willing to venture up London as it's only a 45min drive. Is there any euc community groups in London that still meet up? I'm interested in joining the fray lol. This spring/summer might be a good 2017 for some urban cruzin'

Feel free to msg me. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, LaRoueDeSecours said:

Hi. Anyone did recently travel to London with EUC in Eurostar? Is it okay to move on sidewalks in London? Thanks

technically not allowed, but you're unlikely to be stopped.

If you are stopped by police, just wait till they go, and start doing it again ?

I'd avoid doing it too much though. our sidewalks/pavements are much smaller than the ones in Paris, and people will get annoyed

17 minutes ago, LaRoueDeSecours said:

Hi. Anyone did recently travel to London with EUC in Eurostar? Is it okay to move on sidewalks in London? Thanks

I was in Hyde Park on Saturday from 16:30 - 20:00 on my ACM. Yes, it's somewhat okay to move on sidewalks (not more than 10mph/16kmh) I think, but I'd take it a little slower, basically anything too excessive that's dangerous for pedestrians. The Police will stop you otherwise, just be sure to take it slow if you spot them first. 

For anyone that is interested - there is a Facebook Group "Official London Electric Unicycle Club" which sometimes promotes group rides in London: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1095959803798046/ I haven't joined one yet but intend to. There's an upcoming ride pencilled in for 30th April.

Please contact/join the group for further details.

14 minutes ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

For anyone that is interested - there is a Facebook Group "Official London Electric Unicycle Club" which sometimes promotes group rides in London: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1095959803798046/ I haven't joined one yet but intend to. There's an upcoming ride pencilled in for 30th April.

You should come to hyde park sometime Jonathan, I need to see these skills close-up! As well as the main road/strip alongside the lake, now that the nights are getting longer the large grassy bits are perfect and mostly deserted on weekday evenings. 

On 4/17/2017 at 8:36 PM, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

Thanks for the tip off, I tried to join on the weekend - but still 'pending' :-(

41 minutes ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

Here is a video of a recent London meetup (I didn't attend).

The best rider in London did not participate? I know...dad duties! You should have brought your son and wheeled him around. That would have been precious!

34 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

The best rider in London did not participate? I know...dad duties! You should have brought your son and wheeled him around. That would have been precious!

Thanks, although I certainly can't claim to be the best rider in London - I am sure there are lots of other really good riders. I'd love to attend one of these rides if dad duties allow but would personally not want to be filmed riding on the road :)

Archived