What is the widest tire you can put on the new rims?

GothamMike

• 3 weeks later...

Question is what andwhen is new rim in product date line(batch) what models include this new rim januar or later?

How recognize this models by red butttons on display?

4 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Question is what andwhen is new rim in product date line(batch) what models include this new rim januar or later?

The new rim is brand new.  They just finished testing it and had to make the pedal hangers wider to accommodate it. Im pretty sure they will be shipping with black buttons.   Red button on top will have higher pedal hangers I think, but not the new rim(?)

I'm currently waiting on my sherman from ewheels.  

• Like 2

On 3/22/2021 at 5:17 PM, EUC AZ said:

The new rim is brand new.  They just finished testing it and had to make the pedal hangers wider to accommodate it. Im pretty sure they will be shipping with black buttons.   Red button on top will have higher pedal hangers I think, but not the new rim(?)

WHEN will it start shipping from China? 
The "new" sherman with the "new rim" - that is :)

Edited by Boogieman

7 hours ago, Boogieman said:

WHEN will it start shipping from China? 
The "new" sherman with the "new rim" - that is :)

Its on the boat for ewheels at least.  The boat is expected at Port on the 4th, and then has to get unloaded customs etc.  There is also rumor the port is backed up.  So it could be a few weeks after it reaches port before the wheels are unloaded.

18 hours ago, EUC AZ said:

Its on the boat for ewheels at least.  The boat is expected at Port on the 4th, and then has to get unloaded customs etc.  There is also rumor the port is backed up.  So it could be a few weeks after it reaches port before the wheels are unloaded.

I’m waiting also for my new Sherman from eWheels. Knowing that’s it’s on the way is starting to get me excited!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 12:18 PM, DjPanJan said:

Update

Mine is created/assembled 28/1/2021 motor date is 13/1/2021 and have FW 1.0.56  wider 6cm rim and red buttons. Knobby tire by fatory.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 9:17 AM, EUC AZ said:

I ordered from AliExpress in Jan 20, 2021. Hard to say when it shipped out since tracking was iffy. I received it about 2 weeks ago in April 2021. 

I put some calipers on the rim and it shows 60mm wide. It is a red button model. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What are the real world differences of having the new wider rim vs the previous narrower rim? Stronger but less nimble?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 5:27 AM, r_713 said:

What are the real world differences of having the new wider rim vs the previous narrower rim? Stronger but less nimble?

Supposedly it should fit the tyre better. 
SEveral riders have reported bad fitting of the tyre causing it to "wobble" (not being perfectly seated in the beads) as a result of the rim diameter being to small vs the tyre inner diameter.

I dont see how a wider rim can fix a too small diameter, but maybe as the tyre is allowed to flare out a bit more it might get easier to get more spot on, though i doubt it.
So I will still ride in high PSIs when my wide rim sherm arrives in a month. Last thing i want is a tyre rolling of the rim ;)

My v1 rim never had a problem. I now have a v2 rim. I think the newer rim doesnt bunch the tire as much and has better shoulder spacing. I run 20psi on the old rim/off road tire. I now run 20psi on new rim and pirelli (80/80/14).

I found that approx 85-86mm is as wide as the sherman wheel well is. Technically, the rim could fit MUCH wider. 3" = roughly 76mm. A true 3" tire (at widest tread), will easily fit in width of the sherman wheel opening.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/15/2021 at 12:14 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

I now run 20psi on new rim and pirelli (80/80/14)

I've seen a couple people put these style of tyres on sherms but no reviews on how they actually ride. I have a few questions if you're happy to answer them?

Do you prefer this over the stock tyre? How is the turning and cornering? Do you find it tramlines and drifts like a Z10? Does this increase or decrease the outer diameter of the tyre and does this make a difference to felt speed or torque? Do you find it is slippery in corners on suboptimal road surfaces? Does this inspire more confidence in your riding over the stock tyre or encourage you to avoid gravel, mud etc where possible? Thanks 👍😊👍

3 hours ago, Will R said:

I've seen a couple people put these style of tyres on sherms but no reviews on how they actually ride. I have a few questions if you're happy to answer them?

Do you prefer this over the stock tyre? How is the turning and cornering? Do you find it tramlines and drifts like a Z10? Does this increase or decrease the outer diameter of the tyre and does this make a difference to felt speed or torque? Do you find it is slippery in corners on suboptimal road surfaces? Does this inspire more confidence in your riding over the stock tyre or encourage you to avoid gravel, mud etc where possible? Thanks 👍😊👍

Measurements are stated in my vid of how I changed tire and rim.  I've never ridden a z10 so I cant comment on that. Yes, I like it more than the stock offroad, or I would have changed it back.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3