EU: Legal, NGO, nonprofit or other means to help our case of making better legal standing?

Tasku

Where to begin..? 

I seen EUC being banned here and there.

There are NGO or non-profits already and I bet we could plead to em for their legal expertize, who should contact em?

Who among us would help or promote our cause? Any mods who would  consider dropping your shroud of anonymity, for promotion?

Would new NGO or non-profit be solution, so we could promote us as community?

There was/is attempt for us to unite with electric skateboarders to get PEV- category in EU-law (personal electric vehicle). We barely got enough names for things to get started. Nonetheless a start. This seems best action so far.

FYI: I do not collect money, just to be clear.

I only offer my efforts. If I could do something, I would be willing to help. Legal status improvement and insurance would sound good goals. 

If we do not present our case we will be unheard. Video production to improve our case? Could be easiest way to promote our hobby in good light at this point. Maybe we could get public opinion to support us?

This might be interesting and merging with e-skateboards might work. I would be careful to not get under e-bikes and similar, though - what we have in Czech Republic is far from ideal, but the traffic law has a special category for self-balancing devices that makes us kinda special kind of pedestrians. Similar with skateboards and inline skates. A right to use sidewalks and so on. Bikes (and e-bikes, and (e-)scooters, and so on) are forbidden on sidewalks and always have to use the road (or bike path, which are pretty rare). And I certainly don't want to lose this provision.

Another thing I'm afraid is road legality - not the possible need for a driver license and insurance, but ending up with a ban like in some other countries, because we don't have two independent brakes and so on. So we should have a way how to put it into a better light. :-)

But I have no experience in this regard, nor any usable contacts.

• Like 1

Confession: Im a political animal Im good at it. I thinks it good fun. To me its like a chess game. 
Questions: 
If you want the change politics in Europe should work on a national level or EU level or both?

UK and Germany have banned EUCs In Denmark and Norway we are allowed to go 20 kmh on 20kg vehicles (goodbye Sherman) Legal status EU is seen here:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xgCTmNf7e2NzRWzMMsX19YQW9pGEMtPJM3KXfz19DZg/edit#gid=0

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finn Bjerke said:

If you want the change politics in Europe should work on a national level or EU level or both?

There is no harm starting a organization focusing  national level. We already as community took action on European level.

If our proposal gets the attention it deserves (refering to the EU-law action we took), national level decision making could follow, even it would not pass EU law making.

Following what is going on is half the battle. As community it would be important to know if politicians are picking it up and what is being proposed. If the topic is picked up, we want to be heard in the matter too.

First step would be to talk to people in your community.

Multiple national organisations would make louder voice. 

Do we have enough supporters for one EU-organisation or many national?

Will the small national organisations have enough legal experience or backing?

Lots to think about, even the worst scenarios.

Welldone. Seriously we are the alternative to car poluting our cities, micro commuting using PEVs is a very good alternative indeed, I hate to say this but generally folks look at my EUC as if its reserved for acrobats and daredevils. My guees is we have to join forcess with other PEVs in order to change things. E-bikes, E-scooters, E-skateboards

Bike lanes: Should we go there or not ? Will bicycles hate us if we do occupy "their space" in rush hours? Truth is we take up very little space and we are superflexible as opposed to bigger vehicles. So are E-bikes natural/logical alliances for us? 

E-scooters tossed in silly ways: there is a tech solution to that problem comming up very soon. 

Petitons is a good way to make difference. The only problem in them, is that you need alot of people to sign em. With that said, sadly many petitions fail on first try. So we need to prepare to rerun petition and keep the people informed (petitions can even fail if they were timed wrong, they are tricky).

PEV or PLEV,  the term does not matter but combining efforts to make a change is our best bet at this point. That is scooter, EUC and skateboards electrified. 

Even if there are people who care to make change, we still have trouble finding em and informing what is the latest battle.

Prepare for many small battles instead of one big one. Stay in loop and find people who care, they are rare. 

• Like 1