V11 almost no power uphill

reach

Hi.

I barely rode my V11 yet and when I did, I did it very slow. I've also limited it to 30km/h (19mph) via the app.

Today I took it uphill for the first time and it is slow to a level where I'm sure there's something wrong: on a hill where my V8 would go full speed, I had to push to even get up. I couldn't lean enough forward to get enough propulsion, so I had to squeeze it with my legs and bend the knees forward to get enough lean angle. And I was sure still far away from 30km/h. Mounting was very difficult, because it didn't accelerate enough to become stabile.

In the app it's set to "offroad", which apopears to be the more aggressive mode, but even in regular mode it can't be that slow.

I've read in the past that a cetain EUC is limited on the first x kilometers, but I didn't find this info in the user manual. Is there such a beginners-lock? Should that really affect uphill capabilities so badly?

Battery was almost full.

I saw there is a setting in the app regarding the pedal angles, but I couldn't play with that since the BT connection refused to work that time.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

• Like 1

Still, that doesn’t sound right. I haven’t heard complaints about the V11 on hills or getting started, even from larger riders.

There should be a lot of folks here that can help figure out what’s going on (I am not one of them). But they’re probably all outside playing ATM.

I struggled to get power on steep climbs with my MSP HT until I got power pads - now I have to be careful and slow down on this steep switchback hill as i top the switches so I can make turns.  I also struggled that same switchback on my v10f until I learned to torch it better. Im 95KG(210lbs) and the v10f climb it great - that v10f 16" with 2kwatt motor vs the 19" MSP HT 2.5kwatt motor felt just as good in the climb but I am glad it is a short switch back as I dont think the v10f could kept that up as long as the MSP HT with my 95kg -- sold the v10f to a 72kg friend:D

The Black Cobra seems to get lots of torque from his V11... 104kg(230lb) rider hmmm

Looking forward to see what how this is resolved.

Cheers

I'm a heavy rider was 289 Lbs when I learned on my v11, so the wheel is definitely able to push some weight.  I had troubles as well on hills at first, some folks said I was crazy, but in EUC world I switched it to "Performance Mode" and it climbed hills like a billy goat after that.   Several folks said that the setting does not really give you any more power, maybe it unlocked the "newbie" mode because I had very few miles on it.

EUC World has app with powerful features.  Highly recommend.

So some of you are suggesting this is just my riding technique... I'm open to that because basically all seems fine with the wheel and I only ride since exactly 1.000km (according to the app). But do you have some supporting info?

What's puzzling me is: why? As said, I really think I couldn't lean forward more without falling off (been there, done that. Still hurts!). Why would one make a powerful wheel that only reveals its potential with a 3rd party add-on (Power Pads)? Why is my V8 just fine on the same hill? I once rode a "Rockwheel" which was much more powerful as my V8 and it felt exactly as I expected: similar, but with more power. Should my V11 really be different?

An additional problem was that the ground was pretty slippery and I had grip problems. So if I'd just lean forward aggressively, trusting that the wheel keeps me stabile with thrust, this might not work, because the wheel doesn't have enough grip, and I'd surely fall on my nose. With the V8 in such a situation I only had to lean so much forward that I could easily unmount with just a step off, without falling.

I checked out these Power Pads and I'm open also to this. I just can't believe this is the only way to unfold my wheels potential. It would also be quite a change for me: in summer I sometimes rode the V8 with short pants and I hated the bare skin sticking to the wheel. I rode much better with my calves moving freely.

It is not the only way, I don't like power pads and I can still get very good (too much even) climbing and acceleration but I use 0% pedal sensitivity in commuter mode. 

As I said before, you feel like this as you are trying to move a 18x3 tire instead of a 16x2.125 tire. Imagine what would you feel if you were trying to move up the monster pro with its 24" tire. Similarly, you would feel the same sluggishness with the v8 if you were coming from a 14" tire, it is just how it feels. If you wanted similar leaning force with more power I think you should have gotten the 16x as an upgrade.

Sounds convincing that it's just me. Thanks! 

I also don't think that I want Power Pads at this point in time since this really sounds like it will spoil my riding.

Now, let's practice... :-)

Edited by reach
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, reach said:

Sounds convincing that it's just me. Thanks! 

I also don't think that I want Power Pads at this point in time since this really sounds like it will spoil my riding.

Now, let's practice... :-)

Keep us updated. Keep in mind that I don't own a v11, and its entirely possible the wheel my need them. Keep your mind open to other's suggestions as well, and just have fun! as always, "horses for courses"....

Edited by ShanesPlanet