Just got V11 and love it - Now wondering what non-suspension wheel feels like?

baobui

I compare V11 with Veteran Sherman:

I love both wheels but Veteran Sherman is not good for my back. It has other advatages: More range, More power. Both wheels have high fun factor.

Range:
V11 35 km or so
Sherman 120 km or so

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ozer90 said:

How heavy are we talking? I am 260 with gear. My v11 has no issues with climbing or speed but i feel like the suspension is not dialed in right. What are your PSI #s if you don't mind?

Here’s a guide on how to (fill and) measure that the V11 shock pressures are suitable for your weight:

It’s all about the sag measurement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Range:
V11 35 km or so
Sherman 120 km or so

If you only get 35km with your V11, there’s something wrong with your wheel. Have you checked that both batteries are working correctly and in use?

12 hours ago, mrelwood said:

If you only get 35km with your V11, there’s something wrong with your wheel. Have you checked that both batteries are working correctly and in use?

Yes... I was quite surprised too. I weigh, with all the protective gear on, 95kg and every 25km tour I do on the V11 spends about 25% to 27% of the battery. I recharge every two rides when the battery is down to 47% to 50%...

Something has got to be wrong with one the batteries on the V11 of @Finn Bjerke

• Like 2

On 3/28/2021 at 11:51 AM, ozer90 said:

How heavy are we talking? I am 260 with gear. My v11 has no issues with climbing or speed but i feel like the suspension is not dialed in right. What are your PSI #s if you don't mind?

I'm not bashful about my weight.  When I purchased I was pushing @ 290 naked in January, so it can handle some weight.  I'm @250 naked now, and I currently run tires @ 36psi, lower 170, upper 70.  Feels pretty good.  I have not changed it up in a few weeks now.  Been toying with upping tire pressure a tad as I want to try some small jumps\drops.

1 hour ago, Rich Sam said:

I'm not bashful about my weight.  When I purchased I was pushing @ 290 naked in January, so it can handle some weight.  I'm @250 naked now, and I currently run tires @ 36psi, lower 170, upper 70.  Feels pretty good.  I have not changed it up in a few weeks now.  Been toying with upping tire pressure a tad as I want to try some small jumps\drops.

Good job on the loss of weight. 

About jumps, I think it is something to consider that the more you weigh the more force the wheel has to absorbe when you bounch/jump about. 

The V11 is not designed as a skateboard. Just something to consider befote yreathing it like one. 

4 hours ago, Rich Sam said:

@Rich Sam, I've been losing weight too since I've started EUC riding almost every day, although I'm a little lighter than you. We can always ride naked and get more mileage out of our batteries... but I suspect well both end up in the slammer!!!:efee612b4b:

On 2/24/2021 at 12:33 PM, baobui said:

Hey guys, I'm new to to the forum. I recently bought a V11 from another member here. It is my first wheel and I really like riding it, although it did take me a couple days to learn. I owned an electric skateboard and scooter before, and this by far is the most fun and versatile.

The topic I'd like to discuss is what are non-suspension wheels like? I can imagine, but I'd like to hear from riders here that have experience on both. Do I "need" a non-suspension wheel too? Not that I have the money for another wheel, but I want to understand more of the dynamics. So far the V11 is the perfect wheel for me as far as I can tell. I mainly ride in empty parking lots and bike paths, ride alongs with bikes, etc. Cheers!

You don't need another wheel, and shouldn't go any faster for at least 6-12 months.

Jump off a curb on your V11. Now imagine what it would feel like if that curb had been twice as high - that's what non-suspenion is like.

Or, if you really want to know, just drain all the air out of your shocks and go for a ride

• Like 1