The INSIDE of My Gotway (Begode) RS19 - After 200 miles of Riding (Off-road and On-Road)

Josh Morgan

Interesting.. I do enjoy my wheel with music, but... That seems to be an awful lot of space that could be stuffed with mo' powah! I'm about to strike speakers off the list of care about nowadays. Seems addon or mobile speakers may prove effective on these range and power specd wheels.  Tbh, that entire lower section looks like it could use a little refinement. I must give credit for it looking clean, so at least theyre heading the right direction... just keep going!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NickNonsense said:

I'm not sure what you mentioned here are upgrades. Everything you've mentioned is on my RS which I've had from release.

First iterations of this wheel had lower pedal hangers, different gaskets, different placement of buzzer, and battery was not as well secured.

Well... I ordered back in October (the moment it became listed on aliexpress) and besides the position of the fan (mine blocks a screw) everything in my batch 1 RS is identical to what i'm seeing @Josh Morgan post so i'm not sure if improvements were made or if they for some reason have 2 versions of shells.

Mind you i have never seen pictures of the inside of an RS that doesn't look identical to these pictures. 

Edited by xiiijojjo

11 hours ago, NickNonsense said:

Appart from the different pedals I don't think anything has changed.

I'll upload a video. 

9 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

Well... I ordered back in October (the moment it became listed on aliexpress) and besides the position of the fan (mine blocks a screw) everything in my batch 1 RS is identical to what i'm seeing @Josh Morgan post so i'm not sure if improvements were made or if they for some reason have 2 versions of shells.

Mind you i have never seen pictures of the inside of an RS that doesn't look identical to these pictures. 

Check the tire change videos on YouTube. 

This one looks different on the inside: 

• Like 1

@Josh Morgan 

10 hours ago, Josh Morgan said:

On 2/22/2021 at 6:45 PM, Josh Morgan said:

1. Buzzer placement is now directly under the grill
2. There is a black gasket surrounding the the outer shell to prevent water (there are no gaps)
3. Some dust was able to make it's way inside via the RS logo and buzzer grill but the other side (Controller board side) was pretty clean
4. They also added foam inserts around the battery to make it more snug and it seems better protected from impacts.
5. The trolley handle is surrounded by it's own plastic divider, but no gasket, water still might make its way inside
6. Wire management is just OK. No one does a better job than InMotion
7. Placement of the cooling fan is also slightly changed and does not block the motor screws.

1. Sure the buzzer is placed slightly different 
2. To me the gasket just seems to be white instead of the black gasket mine came with
3. Not much dust in my RS
4. Foam inserts around battery are also visible in the video
5. Trolley handle in video seems to also have its own plastic divider
6. My wire management was dangerous when i got my RS but how good wire management is in a gotway is very much on a wheel to wheel basis
7. Cooling fan seems the same but positioned differently as to not block a screw

So out of your 7 points about the differences about the "new RS's" and the "original v1 RS's" i can only agree on point 1 and 7

Mind you i actually tighten the screws on my side covers as to keep water out. I even swapped out the original side panel screws to ones i can torque more without stripping them effectively waterproofing the side panels.

Edited by xiiijojjo
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

2. To me the gasket just seems to be white instead of the black gasket mine came with

What a bullshit, the seal is not only simply black instead of white, but the meaning behind it is enormously important!

So you do not see immediately if Gotway has forgotten again to insert a seal. :roflmao:

21 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

7. Cooling fan seems the same but positioned differently as to not block a screw

I think that they don't care if they block the screw, they don't think that far into the future.

However, it took an extensive study with several engineers and scientists to solve the problem of why the fan housings constantly break, which are extremely jammed between the outer shell and the screw head from the pedal hanger.

Finally, someone came up with the idea to simply move the fan. 

In the end, it was even surprisingly discovered that it was no longer necessary to tear off the glued fan in order to carry out maintenance work. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...