Muscle Memory!! The MOST Important Skill for Road Riding!!

GoGeorgeGo

That's quite a lot of disjoint things you covered...which I guess could be inferred from the title since muscles don't have memory... :confused1:

disjoint.png.45801336d679a40c8dc634d11bc3c4a2.png

Why is there a backpack on the side of the road???

Edited by WI_Hedgehog

2 hours ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

That's quite a lot of disjoint things you covered...which I guess could be inferred from the title since muscles don't have memory... :confused1:

disjoint.png.45801336d679a40c8dc634d11bc3c4a2.png

Why is there a backpack on the side of the road???

It's my backpack i put down 🤣

Quick twitch muscle and ingrained movements are the basics of muscle memory and rider confidence. Without muscle memory you can not have safe awareness!!

• Like 1

I’d guess that without “muscle memory” it’d be basically impossible to do much of anything... take a breath, stand up, walk, hit a ball with a stick. The problem may be in the exact term... the muscles don’t remember things like what happened yesterday, but they run on autopilot for most of the things we do on a regular basis. And they get trained by repetition, learning to deal with the many inputs the body provides so the brain doesn’t have to manage the minutiae of exactly how much pressure is needed on this toe at this body lean, at this speed, in this shoe, with the ankle at this angle, knee at that, etc.

@ GoGeorgeGo,

Great vid and all very good advise. I enjoy watching you vids and come to think of it, I don't think i'm subscribed. Shame on me! :facepalm:

You should make a video on the dangers of ignoring fatigue. Every single bail out or fall I have personally experienced has been the result of ignoring foot or leg fatigue. 

Off-road riding will bring this on more frequently for new riders but long distances will do it also.

P.S. Now subscribed. ;)

27 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

@ GoGeorgeGo,

Great vid and all very good advise. I enjoy watching you vids and come to think of it, I don't think i'm subscribed. Shame on me! :facepalm:

You should make a video on the dangers of ignoring fatigue. Every single bail out or fall I have personally experienced has been the result of ignoring foot or leg fatigue. 

Off-road riding will bring this on more frequently for new riders but long distances will do it also.

P.S. Now subscribed. ;)

Lol thanks :)

thats a good point fatigue can be a killer. The only wobbles i get are always after a crazy long ride and my legs turned to jelly