New riding gloves

ThatCharlieDude

I'm looking at getting a pair of these for winter riding and fall protection: https://zackees.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/glove-winter-info-bubbles.jpg

I love that they can be used to signal traffic about turns. Here in Texas people don't know what the hand signal for stop is let alone for a left turn. lol. The regular Zackee gloves are bike gloves so they don't cover your finger tips. I'm hoping this full hand one will protect my hands and fingers in a fall. I haven't fallen much off my euc but I know it's only a matter of time until I do. The only thing I don't like about these gloves is that they look bulky in the picture and they may be too warm here since they're fleece lined. I'll let ya'll know how they work. 

Oh those look pretty awesome! A little pricey at $99 but if they really keep your hands warm that would be worth it. All my gloves don't really cut the wind but I don't want to put my hands in my pocket because it's not a good posture to have in case of an emergency. Also the velcro strap over the wrist area acts as a nice wrist guard so it saves you another piece of equipment. Please do post back here with a review once you get them!

4 hours ago, ThatCharlieDude said:

I'm looking at getting a pair of these for winter riding and fall protection: https://zackees.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/glove-winter-info-bubbles.jpg

I love that they can be used to signal traffic about turns. Here in Texas people don't know what the hand signal for stop is let alone for a left turn. lol. The regular Zackee gloves are bike gloves so they don't cover your finger tips. I'm hoping this full hand one will protect my hands and fingers in a fall. I haven't fallen much off my euc but I know it's only a matter of time until I do. The only thing I don't like about these gloves is that they look bulky in the picture and they may be too warm here since they're fleece lined. I'll let ya'll know how they work. 

They look cool. Is that turn signal always on or can you control when it comes on? Also is it just on or blinking? Thanks

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

They look cool. Is that turn signal always on or can you control when it comes on? Also is it just on or blinking? Thanks

No, there's a switch on the inside of the thumb that controls the lights. pinch your thumb and index fingers together to turn it on. 

Found some wrist guards from my snowboarding gear. Even found the over sized gloves I use to use with the wrist guards. These worked well. Yes, you probably have to go a size bigger. I tried with my other two medium boarding gloves, not even close.

5 hours ago, Gimlet said:

Worked fine with my wrist guards and an old pair of ski gloves.

• 2 years later...

I came up with a cheap alternative to gloves that should also work in the summer. I ordered some adhesive reflective tape (several colors), and will cut out two red circles, which I'll stick on the palm-side of my wrist-guards to indicate that I'm braking or slowing down, and some elongated orange ones to stick on the back side of my wrist guards to signal turns.

Even if it gets torn off from a fall or doesn't last long, this stuff is cheap so you just cut out another piece and stick it back on. Will let you know how it works :)

15 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

I have these full leather glove/wrist guard combo I got recently. Love them.

https://www.amazon.com/Hillbilly-Wrist-Guard-Gloves-Finger/dp/B0046EZ37Q

Me too, except when temperature drops below 15•C... I modified a pair of winter mittens to fit on top, but the mittens are still too tight a fit to go on smoothly.

Oh, and the Hillbillys had a few protruding seams I had to lower in order for them not to be uncomfortable in the long run. Other than that, I really like them too.

On 11/29/2018 at 1:08 AM, mrelwood said:

Oh, and the Hillbillys had a few protruding seams I had to lower in order for them not to be uncomfortable in the long run. Other than that, I really like them too.

I have noticed that on the inside of the finger area on mine. Is that the area of discomfort you're referring to? I am curious as to how you went about modifying yours. Luckily I do not ever see the winter conditions as you do, and I will keep my ass inside anytime it's really cold. Hahahaha!

On 11/30/2018 at 3:50 PM, Girth Brooks said:

I have noticed that on the inside of the finger area on mine. Is that the area of discomfort you're referring to? I am curious as to how you went about modifying yours.

I don’t remember the exact spot, just that my hand would scrape on it every time I put them on. There was enough material that I was able to cut it down with scissors and a file.

Archived