Jump to content

New riding gloves


ThatCharlieDude
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm looking at getting a pair of these for winter riding and fall protection: https://zackees.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/glove-winter-info-bubbles.jpg

I love that they can be used to signal traffic about turns. Here in Texas people don't know what the hand signal for stop is let alone for a left turn. lol. The regular Zackee gloves are bike gloves so they don't cover your finger tips. I'm hoping this full hand one will protect my hands and fingers in a fall. I haven't fallen much off my euc but I know it's only a matter of time until I do. The only thing I don't like about these gloves is that they look bulky in the picture and they may be too warm here since they're fleece lined. I'll let ya'll know how they work. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh those look pretty awesome! A little pricey at $99 but if they really keep your hands warm that would be worth it. All my gloves don't really cut the wind but I don't want to put my hands in my pocket because it's not a good posture to have in case of an emergency. Also the velcro strap over the wrist area acts as a nice wrist guard so it saves you another piece of equipment. Please do post back here with a review once you get them!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ThatCharlieDude said:

I'm looking at getting a pair of these for winter riding and fall protection: https://zackees.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/glove-winter-info-bubbles.jpg

I love that they can be used to signal traffic about turns. Here in Texas people don't know what the hand signal for stop is let alone for a left turn. lol. The regular Zackee gloves are bike gloves so they don't cover your finger tips. I'm hoping this full hand one will protect my hands and fingers in a fall. I haven't fallen much off my euc but I know it's only a matter of time until I do. The only thing I don't like about these gloves is that they look bulky in the picture and they may be too warm here since they're fleece lined. I'll let ya'll know how they work. 

They look cool. Is that turn signal always on or can you control when it comes on? Also is it just on or blinking? Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Found some wrist guards from my snowboarding gear. Even found the over sized gloves I use to use with the wrist guards. These worked well. Yes, you probably have to go a size bigger. I tried with my other two medium boarding gloves, not even close.

5 hours ago, Gimlet said:

Worked fine with my wrist guards and an old pair of ski gloves.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

I came up with a cheap alternative to gloves that should also work in the summer. I ordered some adhesive reflective tape (several colors), and will cut out two red circles, which I'll stick on the palm-side of my wrist-guards to indicate that I'm braking or slowing down, and some elongated orange ones to stick on the back side of my wrist guards to signal turns.

Even if it gets torn off from a fall or doesn't last long, this stuff is cheap so you just cut out another piece and stick it back on. Will let you know how it works :)

Edited by travsformation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

I have these full leather glove/wrist guard combo I got recently. Love them.

https://www.amazon.com/Hillbilly-Wrist-Guard-Gloves-Finger/dp/B0046EZ37Q

Me too, except when temperature drops below 15•C... I modified a pair of winter mittens to fit on top, but the mittens are still too tight a fit to go on smoothly.

Oh, and the Hillbillys had a few protruding seams I had to lower in order for them not to be uncomfortable in the long run. Other than that, I really like them too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2018 at 1:08 AM, mrelwood said:

Oh, and the Hillbillys had a few protruding seams I had to lower in order for them not to be uncomfortable in the long run. Other than that, I really like them too.

I have noticed that on the inside of the finger area on mine. Is that the area of discomfort you're referring to? I am curious as to how you went about modifying yours. Luckily I do not ever see the winter conditions as you do, and I will keep my ass inside anytime it's really cold. Hahahaha!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2018 at 3:50 PM, Girth Brooks said:

I have noticed that on the inside of the finger area on mine. Is that the area of discomfort you're referring to? I am curious as to how you went about modifying yours.

I don’t remember the exact spot, just that my hand would scrape on it every time I put them on. There was enough material that I was able to cut it down with scissors and a file.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...