Looking to buy a beat-up learner for $200 - 300

I've been wanting to get into EUC's for a while now.  I don't mean to come across as rude with my low ask, I'm a college student who wants to learn to ride with little money I have at the moment. Figured asking on the forums was worth a try. Does anyone have an EUC that is beat into the ground but still works? I'll gladly buy it off your hands and pay shipping costs. 

Unfortunately I can't help, but I genuinely wish you the best of luck.

Edited by AtlasP

Make sure you don't buy a cheap, low-powered wheel. It'll hold you back. I made that mistake. I thought I was just having a hard timing learning to ride on a crappy wheel but then the first time I rode one with adequate power it was immeasurably easier.

1 hour ago, leadbread said:

The hate for low-powered starter wheels is overblown. I put over 600 miles on my E+ before upgrading and I paid $250 for it on Craigslist. The E+ in particular is a great first wheel, because they're often found for a couple hundred, and they're still usable as a backup/guest/bad weather wheel

I believe I found you :D

I second the Ninebot One E+ as a good beater 16 inch wheel to learn on if you're looking for the cheapest but durable learning wheel. A lot of folks start with this wheel due to the low price and pretty high availability.

For learning, I think a Ninebot One S1/S1/E+ could be perfect, one can easily find it second hand in facebook marketplace or other local marketplace for around 200-300$. In my opinion, an Inmotion V5/V5F is a bit better starter wheel, for a reasonable price (~500$), which is also widely available in second hand markets. But they both have good quality, both worth their prices, and both give you the ability to properly learn and enjoy the ride.

It seems common to have difficulty leaning to ride at first, then figure it out, get over-confident, go fast, encounter something unexpected and crash badly. Having a "slow" wheel might save your bacon. (being forced to go slow might save you from getting hurt badly)  It also frees up funds for safety gear.

Buy a slow learner wheel first. You’ll be happy you did when you have more control for the big wheels then the guys that go and buy MSP’s and wobble off at 30mph 

In term of safety, I can vouch Ninebot ahead of Onewheel.  I learned on E+ and did push when I get the tilt back (shame on me :)).  But, E+ responded by tilting further back and slow the wheel to a walking speed.  In comparison, Onewheel nose dived after the first push back....  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 1nfamuz3 said:

I’ll sell you my old msx 84v for that price but it needs a shell swap 

This is interesting indeed. Any picture? What's the damage and does it charges right?

On 2/16/2021 at 12:29 PM, WI_Hedgehog said:

It seems common to have difficulty leaning to ride at first, then figure it out, get over-confident, go fast, encounter something unexpected and crash badly. Having a "slow" wheel might save your bacon. (being forced to go slow might save you from getting hurt badly)  It also frees up funds for safety gear.

This was me.

Just got my first wheel about a week ago. Took about 4-5 days to learn to ride without falling.

Didn't realize these learner wheels are not meant to be pushed hard.

Got confident andI leaned hard coming off of a curve (I'm a tall, heavier rider), and the wheel cut out...ouch!

2 hours ago, GeneralZod said:

This was me.

Just got my first wheel about a week ago. Took about 4-5 days to learn to ride without falling.

Didn't realize these learner wheels are not meant to be pushed hard.

Got confident andI leaned hard coming off of a curve (I'm a tall, heavier rider), and the wheel cut out...ouch!

MANY CONGRATS! You bought one, overcame the initial stage and now its a done deal. Had to learn the hard way about overhead and power, but hell, you survived it. You walked away from one of the most common things we worry about. I freaking LOVE accellerating from the apex of turns, nuthin' finer! Add the wheel to your signature with pride, you've earned it. Kudos for getting past the initial learning curve without big injury or much $$ out of pocket!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
On 3/14/2021 at 9:10 PM, Eric plam said:

This is interesting indeed. Any picture? What's the damage and does it charges right?

Everything is fine on it I just rode it to the store now ,everything is fine ,charges fine ,shell just has an inner cracks ,which causes the shell to shift ,but that’s all , also one of the back led which don’t work but it came from ewheels like that ,and they kept sending me the wrong light so I just left it ,Besides that it runs just fine