Firmware 1.3.0 Rodeo/Tilt Issue

CRizZ

Warning!

Got the Rodeo/Tilt Problem with my 3days old NB1 after around 20km with Firmware 1.3.0. (I drove around 20km with Firmware 1.3.0)

It happened at Full Speed (no beeps)!!!! (I just acceleratet for 3 - 5 seconds to max Speed before it happened) (Accu was around 50%)(Engine Cool)

Luckely i could find enough Balance and tamed the Bull.

Serial Nr. N20EA1526A2599.

4 hours ago, OliverH said:

What's your weight? How does the road look like when it happen?

I have the E+.

My weight is 70kg.

Tire Pressure 2.6 Bar.

Riding Mode 3.

I drove on Asphalt w/o obstacles or anything. 

I started to accelerate for like 4 seconds and then it just tilt the Pedals back really much harder and really faster than it does it normally and slew the Whell down and after an half second it did a hard tilt to the front w/o speeding up. A half second later the Wheel was Stable but i was shocked and hit the Gras. ^^

I know how it does a normal Tilt Back when max Speed is reached (It does it on my Wheel at 25 Km/h). In this Case is was really rough and fast and could get me injured.

I drove it round 50km when it happened. It wasnt any mistake of me. I installed the 1.3.0 Firmware after around 15 km.

4 hours ago, CRizZ said:

I have the E+.

My weight is 70kg.

Tire Pressure 2.6 Bar.

Riding Mode 3.

I drove on Asphalt w/o obstacles or anything. 

I started to accelerate for like 4 seconds and then it just tilt the Pedals back really much harder and really faster than it does it normally and slew the Whell down and after an half second it did a hard tilt to the front w/o speeding up. A half second later the Wheel was Stable but i was shocked and hit the Gras. ^^

I know how it does a normal Tilt Back when max Speed is reached (It does it on my Wheel at 25 Km/h). In this Case is was really rough and fast and could get me injured.

I drove it round 50km when it happened. It wasnt any mistake of me. I installed the 1.3.0 Firmware after around 15 km.

I woul try to adjust the base settling for the gyro to tell the mainboard that the pedals are in parallel to the ground. Give it an offset of 2-3 degree to the back. We had success with behaviours we realised before. We also ride on the stiffest mode.

Hi, as far as I know, you can not choose the offset. Gyro calibration is done without having leveled the wheel. When I calibrate my E+, the wheel lays, locked, on its parking stand.

Yesterday i did a faceplant after i drove some minutes with cold Motor and Accu at 50%.

I took the Wheel with full Battery charge and drove like 8 km at 20 Km/h and did a Rest of like 3 hours before i drove again. It told me akku is at 50%.

After the 3 hours rest i took it out again, drove some slow rounds at a parking lot and then i accelerated like i often did when Accu is on Full % but this time

it just Tilted hart to the front and braked the Wheel so that i flew over. Painfully ^^

So i´ve read some more about the Wheel and the Faceplants others did and spoke with my Retailer who told me that it´s possible i leaned to hart to the front so the Motor wasn´t

able to stabilize me. This can happen when Akku is down or i accidently push it to hard. But at 50%? 

So it seems that it could be my fault because i didnt realize that the Wheel is doing things like the Tilting different in combination of the Battery Charge...

@CRizZ, sorry to hear about your issue.

When you are accelerating as this happens, are you accelerating fast?  Or is it a slow gradual acceleration?  The battery being 50% shouldn't make a difference in performance.  

I've experienced a fast kickback before when the speed limiter mode has been enabled or if I was accelerating way too quick.  Just to make sure, you should double check to make sure that the speed limiter is not enabled in the app.  Once it is enabled, it will remain enabled even if the app isn't running and even after you restart the Ninebot.

1 hour ago, Cranium said:

@CRizZ, sorry to hear about your issue.

When you are accelerating as this happens, are you accelerating fast?  Or is it a slow gradual acceleration?  The battery being 50% shouldn't make a difference in performance.  

I've experienced a fast kickback before when the speed limiter mode has been enabled or if I was accelerating way too quick.  Just to make sure, you should double check to make sure that the speed limiter is not enabled in the app.  Once it is enabled, it will remain enabled even if the app isn't running and even after you restart the Ninebot.

Ah ok. Yes i did set the Limiter once to 4km/h to test it with hands and then to 7 km/h for a test ride after the first time with the Hard Tilt. (to check how this feels and works and if it could be a solution...) 

I had in mind that this could be the thing but didnt really believed that this could be the thing.

So like you say it could make sence and i will do disable the Lit speed Setting complete. Hopefully it will do help out. :)

Yes i think i maybee accelerated fast at the second time when i got this issue but not more i normally do when accu is full. At the first one i did it slow gradual acceleration i think. 

20 minutes ago, Patrick Carroll said:

But you said earlier that the speed limit mode wasn't enabled?!

I´d set the Limiter for Test purposes after the first Rodeo Tilt issue. I didnt´t set it before and while the first time the Rodeo happend there was no App connection too.

So i testet the Limiter for some minutes and after that i didn´t used to enable it on the Dashboard anymore. (In the Settings its still set on 4 km/h)

When i did the Faceplant on the second hard tilt there was no connection to the app too.

Sorry for misunderstanding. :)

I set it on 12 km/h now. no Function to disable completely.

Riding Mode is 0 since after my first Rodeo Issue. 

On 20.12.2015 at 7:37 AM, OliverH said:

I woul try to adjust the base settling for the gyro to tell the mainboard that the pedals are in parallel to the ground. Give it an offset of 2-3 degree to the back. We had success with behaviours we realised before. We also ride on the stiffest mode.

On 20.12.2015 at 10:46 AM, Gil said:

Hi, as far as I know, you can not choose the offset. Gyro calibration is done without having leveled the wheel. When I calibrate my E+, the wheel lays, locked, on its parking stand.

???

3 hours ago, CRizZ said:

???

With 1.2.x and coresponding app you could unlock the 9b1 and set the zero level manually. We stopped upgrading and stick with the behaviours we've got. We were lucky to eliminate/ reduce rodeo at that time and eliminated the tilt forward while driving straight away. I'm so lucky not going the path most users are following in this disaster of pre alpha firmwares released to customers.

I would say Ninebot integrated the app settings/ variables in the wrong place in the calculations. They need first of all find a stable base.

7 minutes ago, OliverH said:

With 1.2.x and coresponding app you could unlock the 9b1 and set the zero level manually. We stopped upgrading and stick with the behaviours we've got. We were lucky to eliminate/ reduce rodeo at that time and eliminated the tilt forward while driving straight away. I'm so lucky not going the path most users are following in this disaster of pre alpha firmwares released to customers.

I would say Ninebot integrated the app settings/ variables in the wrong place in the calculations. They need first of all find a stable base.

Ok i tried to set the offset to the back. I wondered that the Bot now is driving backwards alone. :) But its clear to the fact off its weight to the back. 

Maybee i try some driving with an negative offset later when my shoulder is fit. 

Thanks for this tip. :)

Archived