Somebody recognised the Ninebot!

DangerousDick

So I'm riding down the back lane to the local shops today and approach a man walking his dog so slow right down so as not to alarm either of them for any reason ;)

When I reach him at a 'junction' where I can pass he says "Is that one of those Ninebot's"?  I'm totally gobsmacked! 

We got talking and he said a mate at work had just bought one after researching the purchase of an electric car and ended up buying a EUC as well.  Nice to know they're getting more popular, looking forward to maybe catching up with this new rider - a few miles away (Rochdale), but a lot closer than many others :)

Just when I thought I was the only 'nutter' around here, it would appear I'm not.

Me too, I had several funny comments like
- That must be the solowheel
- Oh a Segway !
- Again a new machine...
But mostly positive comments, most negative ones come more from dogs (little aggressive ones)

As wheeler community grows, people will get used to see us :)

• 2 months later...

There's someone else in Rochdale with an EUC? Cool. I am also in Rochdale. I ride a Ninebot One daily and got A LOT of attention lol I have seen one other person on an EUC at Hollingworth lake but that was 6 months or so ago. The price tends to put a lot of people off buying them.

On 03/03/2016 at 8:03 AM, TremF said:

There's someone else in Rochdale with an EUC? Cool. I am also in Rochdale. I ride a Ninebot One daily and got A LOT of attention lol I have seen one other person on an EUC at Hollingworth lake but that was 6 months or so ago. The price tends to put a lot of people off buying them.

Might have been yourself this guy knows?  Haven't seen him since and don't go along that path on a regular basis.  Doesn't seem to be much activity in the area for riding around on these things - let me know if you're ever going out just for fun and I'll come over and join you?

• 1 month later...
On 03/03/2016 at 0:15 PM, DangerousDick said:

Might have been yourself this guy knows?  Haven't seen him since and don't go along that path on a regular basis.  Doesn't seem to be much activity in the area for riding around on these things - let me know if you're ever going out just for fun and I'll come over and join you?

There is actually someone else in Rochdale with a Ninebot. He also has a Nissan Leaf like Ian Sampson who sold us both the Ninebot :)

I haven't seen him ride it and don't know how often or where he rides. He just happened to stop his car one time and come over the road for a chat.

At the moment while it's still a bit wet and cold I tend to just commute to and from work and pick my youngest up from school on my wheel otherwise it plays havoc with my neck, shoulder and spine due to ongoing issues. Once the nice weather starts then for sure it would be great to go riding with a fellow EUC rider  :D

Mostly I like to ride along the canal (easier on the battery as mostly flat) then up to and around Hollingworth Lake. With my spare battery I'll be doing a 18 mile or so round trip to Todmorden with my eldest, on her bike, so I can show her the route along the canal

Archived