Unlock Ks16x Max Speed

shnkz9

Hello,

I  bought a month ago a Kingsong16x wheel on a asian website, I didn't know about the kingsong locking the "p" wheels outside of China stories .

So after many attempts, reading the forum, and finally trying with Darkness bot app the wheel got unlocked.  It works good, it's a nice wheel by the way.

But now, even though I passed the 200kms, I still can't unlock the maximum speed. Is there a way to do it without having to use the official app, I can't use it anyway. Or is the wheel locked on 25km/h forever?

I tried everything, but still I can't find a clear answer on the internet, and the seller don't even wanna talk anymore. Did someone in my case(p wheel) happened to unlock the maximum speed?

Sorry for my poor english,

Thank you.

• Like 1

No worries your english is fine. Could always be wrong ofcos but I think you can unlock max speed via EUC World. However its only on Android so you'll have to borrow someone's phone for this. 

19 hours ago, Scottie888 said:

No worries your english is fine. Could always be wrong ofcos but I think you can unlock max speed via EUC World. However its only on Android so you'll have to borrow someone's phone for this. 

EUC World and DarknessBot won't unlock speeds in Chinese wheels. By "Chinese" I mean wheels with P letter that are intended to be sold on Chinese, domestic market. It's a limitation of license agreement under which both apps are allowed to use King Song servers (for fetching firmware etc.) and technical data.

Edited by Seba
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, shnkz9 said:

the seller don't even wanna talk anymore

What seller is it?

He should either sell International versions, or have the EUC whitelisted himself. You could try filing a dispute with Ali.

While I have no sympathy for Kingsongs region locking, neither do I for dishonest sellers.

Edited by null
  • Like 1

As you may have found out by now, this KS approach is a very controversial topic, and has fueled slightly heated discussions.

To my knowledge there aren’t any methods available for the end consumer to unlock the announced top speed on “p” wheels.

The seller sold you a dud, it doesn’t function as expected and announced. That’s a clear case in your behalf for a warranty/dispute.

• Like 1

I know almost nothing about this region and speed locking, other than that it happens, but would it be possible to bypass it with a new control board? I'm not sure how much they cost or how easy they are to get and swap out, but curious if that would ever be an option?

Perhaps you saved enough on the original price so that a 190USD control board doesn't hurt quite as badly? I have no idea if there's a used market for these parts and probably wouldn't really trust a used board anyway (lots of reasons!), but a dead/wrecked wheel might be a source.

5 hours ago, Seba said:

EUC World and DarknessBot won't unlock speeds in Chinese wheels. By "Chinese" I mean wheels with P letter that are intended to be sold on Chinese, domestic market. It's a limitation of license agreement under which both apps are allowed to use King Song servers (for fetching firmware etc.) and technical data.

ahhh so desu ka ne! My bad. I remembered using Euc.W to unlock max speed on my S18 last year but I forgot it wasn't a chinese P model. I hope everyone is now clear on this KS geo locking crap.

• Like 1