Selfie

Skinny-one

I know this might be an old question. My ninebot e+ hadn’t been ridden or recharged so it’s dead. I plugged in to recharge and the charger  stays green. The charger is in good condition and been put away. I believe the unit itself is not allowing itself to be recharged. Is there a way to trickle charge? Any ideas

If the battery charge has done low enough (below ~2.5V per cell), li-ion cells become dangerous. Unless you can confirm the battery voltages by measuring the batteries manually, do not try to charge them! The probability of a violent fire becomes very large.

• Like 1

I seen some people freeze li-on batteries and then regain some use to em. But not done it myself.. (only the battery pack is to be frozen, not the entire wheel) I seen people wrap the batteries in many layer to avoid any water possibly getting to the battery for one. You would need to follow instructions to the letter. Also I would point out that batteries will never fully recover. If you want, try youtube for guide. Not sure if this is worth the risk, if the batteries are damaged for long  period. If you do this: use freezer that is only in use for this operation, that there are nothing else in it. And you would need gear to stop potential lithium fire too, fire blankets and such.

Safest route would be, like mrelwood said: dispose the damaged  battery pack and obtain new wheel or battery pack. I think they recycle lithium from dead batteries. So just take it to battery store, they take it off your hands for free. It should not cost to get rid off it. 

Alternatively: You could also re-use the old pack and take it to local battery doctor. Some spot welding later you could have new pack. 

If you do not have education in electricity, do not tamper with the wheel.

Find someone who has experience with battery powered device repair.

:efef62fc70:

• Like 1

@mrelwood is right, safely dispose of the thing and get a replacement.

Now. if you have a nice fireproof bunker outside and have a curious or pyromaniacal (that’s a made up word) nature, I believe you can program a Cadex battery analyzer to force charge the battery if the battery has been removed from the wheel and separated from its management and safety circuits. I would not however, trust said battery in any application in which spontaneous combustion is at all undesirable. And I’d expect it to quit working without warning and at any time.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1