Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Assuming the placement of the mirror is functional, then this looks 1000x better than most other mirror installations. I like it. Well done.

Edited by AtlasP
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Assuming the placement of the mirror is functional, then this looks 1000x better than most other mirror installations. I like it. Well done.

Yeah works great, it is up and to the left so does not affect vision too much.  Like Marty was saying on his channel, you are not going to get a lot of detail behind you, but enough to tell if you have a car or a rider on your butt.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to ride at night and doh!  Mounted mirror on same side as my spot light.  Going to add Velcro to other side of helmet for spot light.  Mirror was reflecting light right in my face LoL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Funny, you guys placing it up there. I placed mine more to the lower left side, with a view right over my shoulder. I tried up there but for some reason I was confusing to me and felt a bit unnatural to my eyesight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used the power of 3D print and a spherical (anti-blind angle) mirror for cars. It gives a nice  almost 180 degrees view on my left side. Visibility into a distance behind me is poor, but I can still see cars early enough (daylights are mandatory here) and for 360 awareness this works better than the usual flat cyclist mirrors that I've had in my hands.

IMG_1634.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried using helmet mirror last year but found it blocking too much of your perspective (even the small ones can block things in situations where you really don't want it to) also when you look in the mirror you have to focus too much on it and lose perspective in front of you, I found a hand mounted mirror to be far better than a helmet mirror but with more experience riding I hardly use the hand mirror now I mostly just turn my head it's a much quicker operation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rawnei said:

I tried using helmet mirror last year but found it blocking too much of your perspective (even the small ones can block things in situations where you really don't want it to) also when you look in the mirror you have to focus too much on it and lose perspective in front of you, I found a hand mounted mirror to be far better than a helmet mirror but with more experience riding I hardly use the hand mirror now I mostly just turn my head it's a much quicker operation.

If you ride in an area where there is a lot of traffic and if you ride 90% carving, as I do, you should give  it another try, mate. It really improves your security and sense of safety, not having to look over your shoulder constantly or when you want to do a specific maneuver, sometimes as simple as turning left.

just my $0.02

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

If you ride in an area where there is a lot of traffic and if you ride 90% carving, as I do, you should give  it another try, mate. It really improves your security and sense of safety, not having to look over your shoulder constantly or when you want to do a specific maneuver, sometimes as simple as turning left.

just my $0.02

It sounds like you have come a long way in a short time. I want to be like you when I grow up! :thumbup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

If you ride in an area where there is a lot of traffic and if you ride 90% carving, as I do, you should give  it another try, mate. It really improves your security and sense of safety, not having to look over your shoulder constantly or when you want to do a specific maneuver, sometimes as simple as turning left.

just my $0.02

I agree, I just can't ride without a mirror, my mirror mount is up and to the left with the small pirate eye style patch mirror.  I close the other eye and can quickly gauge whats behind me.  without it, constantly looking over my shoulder for what's coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rich Sam said:

I agree, I just can't ride without a mirror, my mirror mount is up and to the left with the small pirate eye style patch mirror.  I close the other eye and can quickly gauge whats behind me.  without it, constantly looking over my shoulder for what's coming.

Exactly 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...