Inmotion V5 quick review (after a 15 min test)

zechocapic

Hi,

I had the opportunity to try an Inmotion v5 about a week ago (in a shop in Paris). I already wrote a little review on a french board but i thought i might as well "copy and translate" it here.

Like i said, i only tried it 15-20 min. I might have missed some importants points. For comparison/reference i own a KingSong 14C since October (my first EUC).

What i liked

• Pedals are far from the ground. They never touched the ground even when i was doing tight turns
  • Pedals are also very confortable
  • Global design is way nicer for ankles and shins than my KS14C
  • There's a mechanism that "deactivate" the wheel right under the handle. You'll be able to lift your wheel without seeing it panicking
  • Wheel is very light
  • Trolley is well designed and fits perfectly the wheel
  • Small trap to give you access to tyre. Will make life easier when wanting to inflate your tyre.

What i didn't like

• My biggest concern : max speed limited at 18 kph (versus 30-35 for KingSong 14C). I felt the tiltback for the first time in my life (i never reached it on my current wheel). Didn't like it at all. It felt too strong, too violent in my opinion.
  • No models with high capacity battery (highest seems to be 300 Wh which means 20-30 km for me)

Conclusions

I loved the confort and smoothness when riding it. Loved also to be able too turn without having too worry about pedals touching ground. Inmotion really did a good job on these aspects.

If this EUC would have reached at least 25 kph, this would have been a hit for me. And it would certainly have become my first advice too all newcomers wanting a 14".

It's a shame its max speed is 18 kph...

Nice write-up: I love the attention to detail Inmotion invest in their products, in my books they're the furthest ahead (with the possible exception of the new kid on the block Uniwheel) in absolute QC & product finish. From internal sources, the V5 has been in prototype/testing phase for nearly a year!

54 minutes ago, zechocapic said:
  • Pedals are far from the ground. They never touched the ground even when i was doing tight turns
  • Pedals are also very confortable
  • Global design is way nicer for ankles and shins than my KS14C

Having the KS 14C as a reference point will almost certainly skew the results with testing other Wheels for power, speed, range, etc ;) 

About discomfort of KS pedals, completely agree & am pleased to announce that optional replacements can be obtained within the next month. 

56757572503f1_Pedal2.jpg.828e7b903d1e0ad

@playdad

I didn't explicitly asked if it was unlockable by the app but the shop's owner (easygyro.com) and French Inmotion distributor didn't tell me about anything like that when i told them that the low speed was a no-go for me.

They only told me that it might be possible we'd get a speed increase with future app/firmware update. So nothing sure.

• 1 month later...

I think the V5+ is even better than Ninebot E+(I have both so I can compare), the attention to details are impressive, and rides better especially at pedestrian speed and picking up speed.. Only a few nitpicks from me, such as the sound of the wheel when moving is not as nice as Ninebot(i haven't upgraded my firmware to the latest so it's still the old sound, unlike some others with the unique whine), the pedals feels less solid(probably different material, but still OK), and scratches easily (I chose the black option so I guess it's harder to maintain).. 

Archived