YZpower-450 charger

null

(Charger brand listing)

The YZpower-450 (Veteran-450) have been discussed fairly extensively here and here after killing some Sherman boards.

Disclaimer: I lack the knowledge to properly review a charger, so take this as "impressions". if someone more knowledgable can get anything from the pictures or has other information it would be great to add it here.

Some impressions, as well as some pictures from the other threads (credit @fbhb for the clearer ones)

Positive: fairly light (around 1Kg) and silent, even at 100% fan. The only charger I've see that adapts fan speed, which is nice.
Negative: Feels flimsy (knocking on it make it feel like parts are vibrating in there) and one of the main voltage pins was just loose. After less that a hundred hours use one of my two chargers went pop and killed my Shermans board. Opening is reveals fairly sloppy assembly, one one the in and out cables had gunk around the solder to the main PCB, very little white goo. Cases of dry solder. Sold as a 100V/5A when it is actually a 450W (pulls 470). Looks like two 225W circuits in parallel. Components seem random between each one. The unit doesn't have grounding in spite of the ground pin on the socket. The AC cable is just 2 strands.

Quite unimpressed.

Additional pictures by @Rolzi

H4de84129b21e4082b5e2a4cf6d089766t.jpg

IMG_5076.thumb.JPG.3a1dc322e9a23cec04acdda73eda3a03.JPG

IMG_5075.thumb.JPG.a391c2103056585e17f03b6b3dc3b001.JPG

50891973403_ca17afd244_b.jpg

50892691231_6eb2dcd53a_b.jpg

Edited by null
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@YZPOWER, in your opinion what is happening with these charger on the Sherman? I have the 3amp yzpower that came with my RS and it seems fine. I also haven't heard of the charger bricking the board on am RS yet. 

Is the one for the Sherman supposed to be a 3 amp charger and leeperkim is running them at 5 amps? 

I know small amounts of something can seem more wide spread online, I too mostly post things that are wrong and keep to myself when everything is going well but this has me worried that I should get a different charger for my wheel. 

• 1 year later...