Big red 900W adjustable charger

null

The big red 900W adjustable charger of name and even reference that doesn't seem to exist in English.

Disclaimer: I lack the knowledge to properly review a charger, so take this as "impressions". if someone more knowledgable can get anything from the pictures or has other information it would be great to add it here.

Some pictures of the inside for what its worth. The point would be to get an idea of general quality.

My experience: used a few hundred hours. Quite noisy. Cycle starts and stop fan toward the end if amperage is high, It does lower the amps somewhat on its own, so I suppose it does CV phase. Mains input cable gets hot, which seems dodgy and even not CE at all. Soldering inside seems ok enough for my untrained eyes. Some oxydation (?) where the large copper wire from the regulator (?) goes to the main PCB.

43168277_ScreenShot2021-02-06at15_02_02.jpg.42d8840a5cf4645c75e37a50137f94de.jpg

H5d884b6fde38419884e268feadc5ebd9H.jpg

Hb1297ec5e0604e7ca05a17673086a198Y.jpg

H084aef15736e4b2583392632dae7dff0x.jpg

IMG_5068.thumb.JPG.358f591bc8a86c6d21595977a47e8a9e.JPG

IMG_5069.thumb.JPG.95858602f4b1d5488f79d00a5ea3f4d8.JPG

Edited by null

• 2 weeks later...

Yes that’s why it is an overview with some general impressions. I specifically mentioned I do not have the technical knowledge to do a review in detail. If you had looked further you would have seen I try to gather some information about the common brands, and have posted inside pictures of the ones I own, inviting people with more knowledge to add any observations they might have.

This mainly in the hope to see if any manufacturers / brands are better or worse than others.

Considering nobody had anything to add, to any of my posts trying to make a portrait of our charger options, I’m not going to bother adding model specific specs that anyone can look up. It is not my scope to be specs central. Besides most chargers are available in a variety of versions using the same hardware.

You are welcome to participate, it is a public invitation to sharing experience or info on chargers.

This charger with no branding can be found in various voltages on aliexpress and probably elsewhere too. I did not specify seller as do not wish to advertise them.

Sorry for the dry tone here but you complain of something I specifically said these overviews aren’t.

Edited by null

• 1 month later...

Just go to aliexpress.com and search for 100.8v or 84v and you will have several sellers having it. You can choose your actual voltage if ordering.

It doesn’t have a model name, even when reading Chinese.

edit: one here, another here. Third..

That being said, JiaRyu (JR model numbers) here might be of better quality.

Edited by null
  • Like 1