Hazards of an Australian summer

Phil Howell

G'day , Everyone.

I thought I would show you one of the extra hazards we have to put up with here in Australia. When our temperature get up around the 38 degree C mark like it is today the concrete footpaths (sidewalk) crack and swell forcing the concrete slab up into the air at the joints. This spot has lifted about 250mm off the ground.

image.jpeg

Hi Phil, yeah here in Melb over the weekend it got to 41C, too hot to ride on the Sat, but did go for a ride along Altona beach on the Sunday in 38C heat if only for 30 min....just too hot, even to ride.

Ive read on here about 9Bot overheating issues, and didnt want to push it too hard.

that lifting pavement looks crazy.....I guess in Oz over summer one needs to keep a lookout, for lumps, bumps and dare I say it snakes...

Ride safe mate

Phil

Hi Kwing, Ive only had mine about 6weeks, but can easily get 18-20km without charging it. I dont ride it huge distances, my avg is about 3-4km spurts, from home to work occasionally, or from my Appt in town to my GF place 2km away...

certainly holds its charge well, have only stuck it to the charger 3 times since I first rode it..

• 11 months later...
On 19/12/2015 at 3:32 PM, Phil Howell said:

G'day , Everyone.

I thought I would show you one of the extra hazards we have to put up with here in Australia. When our temperature get up around the 38 degree C mark like it is today the concrete footpaths (sidewalk) crack and swell forcing the concrete slab up into the air at the joints. This spot has lifted about 250mm off the ground.

image.jpeg

Gets to 48°c in Adelaide :-(

Archived