Decent Knee Pads at a Great Price

Order just came in with my knock off clone of Leatt knee guards

40 bucks with shipping.  As far as I can tell it came off the same Assembly line and got a different label.  They feel excellent, sturdy.  Only downside is I could not find this in sizes, so they all come in large, a tiny bit snug but I'm sure it will loosen a bit with use.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002019804329.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.17864c4dfCh7pr

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, GothamMike said:

Padded BMX jacket?

I'm not convinced I want one yet, have not really looked.  Trying to convince myself I have all the things I need for this sport... yeah right!

Being an owner of a pair of Leatt dual axis, these clones sure look very similar & I wouldn't be surprised if they perform just as well. That said, we all know about imitation LVs & Rolexs & so on & so forth so who the hell knows. The only thing for sure is that its (likely) better to have it on than not.

Talking 'bout imitations & clones, its pretty amusing & very ironic that EUCs are perhaps one of the not so abundant electronic products that are all Chinese & is not imitated nor cloned. Although Segway invented the self balancing wheel, Segway the US company & its patents were bought lock, stock & barrel by Ninebot. I could be wrong but it would seem all self balancing wheel patents are infact, Chinese. 

Thought I'd mention it as it's an interesting piece of trivia😁

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Scottie888 said:

Being an owner of a pair of Leatt dual axis, these clones sure look very similar & I wouldn't be surprised if they perform just as well. That said, we all know about imitation LVs & Rolexs & so on & so forth so who the hell knows. The only thing for sure is that its (likely) better to have it on than not.

Talking 'bout imitations & clones, its pretty amusing & very ironic that EUCs are perhaps one of the not so abundant electronic products that are all Chinese & is not imitated nor cloned. Although Segway invented the self balancing wheel, Segway the US company & its patents were bought lock, stock & barrel by Ninebot. I could be wrong but it would seem all self balancing wheel patents are infact, Chinese. 

I looked at side by side photos and I believe them to be the exact same pad except for the name.  "Riding Tribe", feel is sturdy and does not feel cheap.  Only complaint is a size xtra large would have fit me a tiny bit better and they only sell large of this pad that I could find. 

Had a low speed knee slide in them yesterday maybe 5-10 mph saved my knees for sure, pedal clipped a dang garbage can! :)  Went into a classic skateboard knee slide, few scratches on knee pad, few on hand pads.  Saved my butt for sure, did not feel a thing on knees.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 10:26 PM, Scottie888 said:

MTB world as well.   For the longest time, and still majority of bikers I know today feel Chinese parts and technology are considered "cheap quality", "Inferior".  MTB bikes and parts from China I dare say are cutting edge now.  They pioneered and brought to market water shaped aluminum frame technology and totally turned carbon fiber into a mass-produced thing.  I feel a majority of the worlds innovation is coming from China now.  For 15 years now I have felt that buying no-name carbon fiber parts from China were bleeding edge at a quarter of the price.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 12:35 AM, Rich Sam said:

Order just came in with my knock off clone of Leatt knee guards

40 bucks with shipping.  As far as I can tell it came off the same Assembly line and got a different label.  They feel excellent, sturdy.  Only downside is I could not find this in sizes, so they all come in large, a tiny bit snug but I'm sure it will loosen a bit with use.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002019804329.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.17864c4dfCh7pr

I can second what @Rich Sam has said.  Upon his recommendation, I ordered the same via his link.  Only took 19 days to receive in Canada (US shipping option) and yes, they are very well made and fantastic quality!  As far as I can tell, they are identical to Leatt's, but at between 1/3 to 1/2 the price!!  Thanks for the excellent find, Rich!!

• Like 3

On 2/25/2021 at 2:54 PM, Dragonfly EUC said:

I can second what @Rich Sam has said.  Upon his recommendation, I ordered the same via his link.  Only took 19 days to receive in Canada (US shipping option) and yes, they are very well made and fantastic quality!  As far as I can tell, they are identical to Leatt's, but at between 1/3 to 1/2 the price!!  Thanks for the excellent find, Rich!!

I might be ordering a second pair!  went for midnight run on my local trails and went into a knee slide @ 20 mph on hard packed gravel.  The edge caught in the soil and the knee pads took one for the team.  I walked away completely fine, wheel is fine.  Pad up people! 

I was carving down wide section of path where I hit a section with packed smooth river rock with a lite coating of mud\silt over the top.  Felt like ice and just went down.

2 lessons learned...  #1 carving for dry conditions only.  #2 remember to check tire pressure before riding off-road.  I usually do, but forgot this time and I had high pressures from road trip yesterday.  Lower pressure I may have had enough traction to hook up on that surface.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/168DKMuxK3nh_g2YuEJKLfNmldXdspc2J/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/168Yt0DHovOVGGTXF7EGNJu9w_vMZguFg/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2021 at 6:45 PM, Dubardo said:

Shipping is indecent... found theses  https://tinyurl.com/ygxxo48w

Sweet! I'm gonna order a set as spare since I fit L size just about perfect. cad$40 all in works for me. FWIW I paid cad$12x for my Leatts so this will be 1/3 the cost. Though I've not has a spill with the Leatts on, the confidence it bestows alone is worth the price of entry even at full pop. No price is too high for not getting my knees smashed!

• Like 3