New to this but I want in!

Owen

On 2/2/2021 at 6:05 PM, Owen said:

Yeah that’s about what I’ve boiled it down to Kingsaong 16, Gotway Nikola or the V11 . Of course I’d LOVE a Sherman but that’sa little TOO serious

All those are great first wheel choices.  I bought the 16x as my first.  It is a wonderful wheel to learn on and also to ride after you have learned.  I'm 6'7" and 220 lbs geared up, so it can handle a lot.  It is a great wheel if you plan to go into stores or use a last mile commuter (it is a good size and the trolley handle is fantastic).  It is also super fun on off-road trails.  I do ride it long distances too, but this is when you start to notice the downsides of it being a 16" wheel.  It's not a deal beaker or anything, it just leaves you wishing you had more speed and stability.  I cruise at 25/27 mph, but it becomes a little less stable at this speed and at my weight you really can't go any faster without risking your neck.  I'm looking to get an RS HS as a second wheel.  I'll still keep my 16x for running errands and last mile commuting, but I expect the RS will be a better suited for cruising and joy riding at speed.

Regardless...good luck.  Whatever you imagine riding an EUC to be like...it's infinitely better in real life :D:D:D 

Don't forget to budget for safety gear too!

19 minutes ago, longjohnsally said:

All those are great first wheel choices.  I bought the 16x as my first.  It is a wonderful wheel to learn on and also to ride after you have learned.  I'm 6'7" and 220 lbs geared up, so it can handle a lot.  It is a great wheel if you plan to go into stores or use a last mile commuter (it is a good size and the trolley handle is fantastic).  It is also super fun on off-road trails.  I do ride it long distances too, but this is when you start to notice the downsides of it being a 16" wheel.  It's not a deal beaker or anything, it just leaves you wishing you had more speed and stability.  I cruise at 25/27 mph, but it becomes a little less stable at this speed and at my weight you really can't go any faster without risking your neck.  I'm looking to get an RS HS as a second wheel.  I'll still keep my 16x for running errands and last mile commuting, but I expect the RS will be a better suited for cruising and joy riding at speed.

Regardless...good luck.  Whatever you imagine riding an EUC to be like...it's infinitely better in real life :D:D:D 

Don't forget to budget for safety gear too!

You'll still miss the agility of the 16x but if you want fast straight runs the rs will be good I love the 16x for everything and it keeps me from going to fast ,,25-27 mph is good enough for me

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 10:12 AM, Owen said:

Hello I’mOwen I’m a 54 yr old man from Detroit Michigan and looking to buy an EUC ... watching every video I can get my hands on and just paying attention . Not the type to waste my time and money on a really cheap unit so I guess mid range is where I’ll start MY journey  . Any constructive input is appreciated

I’m 40, 6’2” 250pds.  I have over 3000km on my 16x, haven’t had any mishaps yet(it’s my third wheel).    I rarely go over 40km/hr though. Just don’t feel like risk at higher speeds is worth it. I usually cruise between 35-40km pr hr. 
  I haven’t even opened my 16x up yet. It’s running beautifully, zero complaints. 
 I’ve ridden the 18xl, just feels boring to ride. Super steady, but not as fun. 

I think the 16x is the best all round unit on the market if your not looking for high speeds.  Ripping thru the park, delivering door dash, long distance gone(60k is longest single ride) it does it all for me. 

Hope you like your new ride! 

• Like 2

I’m fairly new to the world of EUCs but I recently figured out how to ride on an older (circa 2015) Ninebot One E+. I wasn’t sure at first if it was something I would even actually learn to ride since it does take some time and dedication to learn. I would have been ready to just sell this Ninebot if I didn’t figure it out...at least the loss would be low!

However, now that I know how to ride though, I recently bought my next wheel, a Tesla v2, aimed for being light enough to carry up and down train station stairs if need be (42 lbs), but with enough speed, power, and range to get me around. In terms of mid-range wheels (sub 2k), there’s really not a lot there. Tesla v2, KS 16S, KS16XS, MCM5v2. 

I did take a liking to the KS 18XL and may get one eventually. I was actually looking to buy that wheel after my Ninebot, but I ran into something I call the 2k dilemma, where there are so many great high quality wheels at around that price (KS 16X, KS 18XL, KS S18, Inmotion v11, Gotway RS HT) that I figured I’d wait a bit before purchasing a wheel in that higher price range since while they all have differences in style and flavor. I also figured that if I’m really ready to spend that 2k, I may instead choose to go all out for the Sherman. I’ll get there when I get there.

Just something to consider as you research which wheel to get!