why is my wheel wobbling between my legs?

Planetpapi

I'm on 3rd day of practicing without training wheels. I'm getting better and better but what's bothering me was this shaky and wobbling of the wheel between the legs. I didn't notice this with training wheels and I don't think the wheel is mechanically unstable. I'm 5ft 10 in and average frame. I have Tg-F3. I don't know why it's so wobbly while riding as if it's shivering from cold! I just couldn't ride it nimble and strait, like in the videos.  Did you all go through this also? Too bad I'm the only guy in town to have  a wheel (I think). Otherwise I would like to test some other wheel .Any ideas?

Suppose the best thing to do is to put your training wheels back on and see if it is still doing it.  If the shaking stops it might be because your pedals have become loose and you only notice when your training wheels are taken off.

How are your legs?  Namely the muscles... are you able to ride your wheel without them being sore anymore?  If they are still sore it might be wobbly because your riding muscles have not fully developed and hence the wobbling.

If you ride it the usual way with the power button to the right, try riding the other way.

You might need to change your foot positioning to that of when you used the training wheels because your balance will be different now.

I had the wobbles too. But I think that was do to my own nervousness. Also, rough roads caused that too. Just relax once your up and running and don't be stiff and don't give up. If you're ever in the So Cali area you can try my Ninebot One E+ and see if that's a fit for you.

• 2 weeks later...

agree with all the others; it is foot position or your balance left/right. Most likely you are weighting one foot more than the other AND your feet are misaligned front back. That is torquing the wheel around the balance point, and the wobble is the wheel trying to compensate.

I had it on my first really fast ride (about 45 min into my first use), and a couple times since if my feet were misaligned or my balance off.

Just stop and get back on, should fix it immediately.

Arbee, I think my wobbles are from inexperience. As of yesterday they were gone 80%! I'm already bored with my Tg-F3 even though I'm still a noob. I need something reasonably faster without tilt back mechanism. It sucks to tilt back at 6mph. Joggers are faster than my wheel. What a shame :(

• 9 months later...
On 04/22/2015 at 3:23 PM, Planetpapi said:

Are you sure it's not tilting due to speed limitations. I don't know this model, but with my ninebot I had speed limitation, which was constantly tilting me back. Forcing me to slow down. One I lifted the limit throught its app  - it disappeared

Z

On 13. April 2015 at 3:59 AM, Planetpapi said:

I'm on 3rd day of practicing without training wheels. I'm getting better and better but what's bothering me was this shaky and wobbling of the wheel between the legs. I didn't notice this with training wheels and I don't think the wheel is mechanically unstable. I'm 5ft 10 in and average frame. I have Tg-F3. I don't know why it's so wobbly while riding as if it's shivering from cold! I just couldn't ride it nimble and strait, like in the videos.  Did you all go through this also? Too bad I'm the only guy in town to have  a wheel (I think). Otherwise I would like to test some other wheel .Any ideas?

No fear, you get it ;)

Stay relaxed, you have probably nervous tension in your legs.

Try to focus your attention in your feet (as if all your weight is in your feet). Esotherically this is grounding yourself ...

It also may help to choose a 'softer setting'. On many wheels you can select how many tolerance there is on the backward/forward tilt ... increase the tolerance and the wobble will die out quicker. Once you feel completely confident, you may want a harder setting for increased responsiveness. 

Your body length has nothing to do with it. I am almost 2 meters in length, and the wobbling went away with confidence. I once had to break hard suddenly (not too long after i started riding), and experienced a bit of wobble, which I know arose from nervous tension. 

Funny how a topic can come alive again ... 

Still helpfull for newer members, i hope.

• 3 weeks later...

greats tips for riding folks, I found that my wobbles were caused by me weighting the ball of my foot (many years of motorcycle racing makes me do this) on both sides instead of just staying relaxed with whole foot weighted on platform. Also the trainer wheels do not let you get the balance right and as soon as I took them off I found it so much easier to ride. I also found it much more stable going to 45psi instead of the 30psi I started with. Thanks for the tips everyone.

• 11 months later...

I am new and the first week I wobble went getting up to speed. After week two I notice that I start wobbling as my legs get tired (I assume). I take a break and I am goood again for a while. I believe the wobble is your leg balancing muscles getting tired until they get developed. 

I think higher pressure will make wobble more noticeable since the wheel will be more responsive to small balance corrections so it requires better technique. 

Once materwd you need high pressure for safe riding to avoid punctures due to rim pinching inner tube on a rock impact or curb impact. Avoid those until you can have high pressure. Take time to master balance. 

On 4/12/2015 at 9:59 PM, Planetpapi said:

I don't know why it's so wobbly while riding

It's likely due to fear from not commiting  finanacially to an Electric Unicycle costing 2x to 4x the price of the TG F3. I had a similar problem. Tossing in the additional cost to own and ride a larger diameter wheel with more torque, better overall performance and cool app features is hard to describe. Don't forget to wear safety padding. You might also want to try the push a 'shopping cart' school of learning to ride.

On 4/12/2015 at 9:59 PM, Planetpapi said:

don't know why it's so wobbly while riding

Elaborating on the theme of cost spent vs  the quality of an experienced rider's ride for setting a units sales price, here are a few Aliexpress price quotes for the

TG F3

Solowheel

IPS

Rockwheel

Ninebot One E+

Gotway MCM4 & MSuper

Gotway ACM

I'm sure that an experienced rider could mount and ride your TG F3 and make it look easy. Learning to ride and looking forward to riding a more expensive EUC for a year under a warranty is predictably in favor of the more expensive brand, especially when purchased from a dealer in one's own country should warranty service be needed.

Using Aliexpress as a cost reference minimizes variations in the shipping contribution to the total EUC price.

Good luck.

Screenshot_2017-02-14-17-10-25.png

Screenshot_2017-02-14-17-12-27.png

Screenshot_2017-02-14-17-13-08.png

Screenshot_2017-02-14-17-14-05.png

Screenshot_2017-02-14-17-20-54.png

Screenshot_2017-02-14-17-15-06.png

Screenshot_2017-02-14-17-22-47.png

Archived