Michelin CITY PRO 70/90 R14 TT RF compatible on Gotway MSP or any 18 (inch EUC)

DjPanJan

Thank you for sharing your experience, looking forward to your opinion on how it rides.
Would it be possible to measure the inflated width if you have a calliper?

Edited by null
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, EMA said:

1.8kg not bad :thumbup:

If I remember correctly the Shinko SR-244 2.75-14 35P has the same weight and the gyro effect was horrible. Also it was not zippy anymore. Not sure if the weight was the only reason. The lighter CST-C186 has much less gyro feeling and is zippy enough. 

11 minutes ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

If I remember correctly the Shinko SR-244 2.75-14 35P has the same weight and the gyro effect was horrible. Also it was not zippy anymore. Not sure if the weight was the only reason. The lighter CST-C186 has much less gyro feeling and is zippy enough. 

Shinko SR-244 has no sense on EUC imho

agree on CST 186, really easy to tilt and fun to ride 2.1kg on my scale

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EMA said:

agree on CST 186, really easy to tilt and fun to ride 2.1kg on my scale

Wow, the CST-C186 is really so heavy? I had all weighed and posted it somewhere, but unfortunately can no longer find it myself. My memory is really miserable. Than the Shinko is even more than 2.1 kg

I found now one of my Facebook post and I wrote that the Shinko is 900g heavier than the CST-C1488. 

I have weighed my new CST-C1488 again and it's 1340g + 900 = Shinko 2222g.

I thought the CST-C186 is much lighter than the Shinko, but it's only 100g. Hard to believe that this 100g difference is a the reason for the horrible gyro effect. 

Sorry @DjPanJanfor derailing your thread. :wub:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2021 at 5:50 PM, DjPanJan said:

in my head is small tire evil who say me try 80/90 r14

City Pro 80/90-14 mounted and inflated on the MSuper rim is 3.058" width.
My shell opening measures 3.110".
Not much extra room... shell alignment will be critical.

Your 70/90 size sounds much less fussy, good call.

ACtC-3dl1Pmge-seK3U1-Mck3DeSUFhuEItdXG-7ACtC-3f6eTAsyuuzWEzbfBJ5dMg6MGadT8TAwGoH

• Like 2

@RagingGrandpa What orientation tire you use "rear" or "front" ?

Becasue is front/rear tire and on motorcycle is using oposite patern for front and rear whell. I select same orientation what original 1488 have. (this mean rear rotation arow on tire)

On my MSP looks 5mm on each side aceptable (gap is visible on photo) but as i say my 3d print fender be shure weakpoint. Original tire rubing when oneleg that one of reasons i decide 70/90 R14.

I have some "fear" if chose "smaler" because was woried about riding characteristic ,but no this michelin is beter in everything i never want go back to 1488.

Maybe big part is my weight with gear +- 120kg (260lbs) and compare to stock tire michelin not visibily deformate under my weight. Still experimenting with PSI after more km/miles i update this thread. Now is rideable outside again.

Absolutely respect riders who like/love stock tire i speak here about my "Feel" and subjective personal experience. 

Anyway i hope you 80/90 fit and you enjoy this tire like i do :cheers:.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

What orientation tire you use "rear" or "front" ?

I select same orientation what original 1488 have. (this mean rear rotation arow on tire)

Agreed. "Rear."

But it should only matter if the surface is wet... likely very little difference in grip between the two orientations.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

update after 500+ Km Excelent nimble tire.  

Actualy i use 26 Psi and maybee try go lower everytime i jump from my sherman stock offroad to this MSP with city pro this is just WOW.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 9:50 PM, Skrew said:

Does the EXn Kenda tire fit MSP or only RS modell? 

yes it does, but be carefull with this tire, it's big and sometimes has issue.

[ btw the msp rs rim seems the one who fit better ]

• 3 months later...

So we know that City Pro 80/90-14 mounted and inflated on the MSuper rim is 3.058" width.

@DjPanJan Could you please tell us the width for 70/90-14 tire?

I'm looking for new tire also witch is better than stock 1488. Wanted to know it's width.

Height would be around ~64mm?

Would appreciate if you could measure it.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 6:25 PM, Funky said:

So we know that City Pro 80/90-14 mounted and inflated on the MSuper rim is 3.058" width.

@DjPanJan Could you please tell us the width for 70/90-14 tire?

I'm looking for new tire also witch is better than stock 1488. Wanted to know it's width.

Height would be around ~64mm?

Would appreciate if you could measure it.

I'll sit with you waiting the same info :)
Theoretically, 70 is the width of a 2.75" tire, not 2.5" of our KS18XL, so 70/90 is a little bit more than the stock tire width, to get the real dimension is very interesting.

Moreover @DjPanJan, what about wobble with this tire ?

Edited by digithom
forget to ask last question

1 hour ago, digithom said:

I'll sit with you waiting the same info :)
Theoretically, 70 is the width of a 2.75" tire, not 2.5" of our KS18XL, so 70/90 is a little bit more than the stock tire width, to get the real dimension is very interesting.

Moreover @DjPanJan, what about wobble with this tire ?

City Pro 80/90 is ~78mm, 70/90 maybe is 68mm? :D Who knows, it can be also 72mm.. Luck of the draw buying unknown tires..

Height also from original 1488 18x2.5 tire is 53mm from where tire/rim meets. I would love to get closer 18x3 tire, but most of them width wise are to big for 18xl.

Edited by Funky