Stator rings, magnets inside rim to glue

OliverH

I like to experiment with a new setup and look forward to select from different sizes to fit perfect my requirements. I need only the stator rings with coils and not with the stator sheet metall or stator rings as cores only without coils. Are there any vendors to get this stuff from?

I also need the magnets. Normal magnets are no problem, buI I need this curved shaped magnets for the rim to glue them in.

Short of buying up a cheap or broken wheel on eBay, Can I suggest you look at someone like Banggood or the model suppliers like Hobbyking they have a huge range of motors that go well over 3kW, like this one for example: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__17986__Turnigy_RotoMax_1_60_Brushless_Outrunner_Motor.html. Note also that the magnets used need to be powerful Neodymium magnets ( Hobbyking do sell some but I think they are more intended to keep hatches closed).

What is puzzling me about your request is that if you were going to build your own motor to your own specification the one thing you would absolutely want to do yourself is wind the coils, how thick the wire is, how many strands, how many turns, whether it is delta or star connected all have a huge impact on the kV (RPM per volt), torque, working voltage and power, surely the variables you would need to control?

1 hour ago, Keith said:

Short of buying up a cheap or broken wheel on eBay, Can I suggest you look at someone like Banggood or the model suppliers like Hobbyking they have a huge range of motors that go well over 3kW, like this one for example: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__17986__Turnigy_RotoMax_1_60_Brushless_Outrunner_Motor.html. Note also that the magnets used need to be powerful Neodymium magnets ( Hobbyking do sell some but I think they are more intended to keep hatches closed).

What is puzzling me about your request is that if you were going to build your own motor to your own specification the one thing you would absolutely want to do yourself is wind the coils, how thick the wire is, how many strands, how many turns, whether it is delta or star connected all have a huge impact on the kV (RPM per volt), torque, working voltage and power, surely the variables you would need to control?

I'll have a look. Will be totally different to existing motors. As it will be not a special high performance/ high Rev (speed) version I can build up on existing parts. Doing the coils by self is an option but not necessary.

The linked hobby King is not for EU usable.

53 minutes ago, OliverH said:

The linked hobby King is not for EU usable.

OliverH,

Not sure if you mean EU as EUC or European. if that link fails to work it's probably my fault. Hobbyking are a global company based in China but with fulfilment warehouses in a number of locations including the UK and Germany. Try the top level address http://www.hobbyking.com and look for the electric motors section. 

Most outrunner type motors I've seen have the stators as an integral part of the hub so I would be at a loss to suggest anything where the stators with coils could be repurposed to a different shape or diameter. I may be misinterpreting what you are trying to do but Hobbyking (and, I believe Banggood) have a large and very varied set of motors including also inrunners (where the coils are on the outside) so there is a good chance they may have something you can use or cannibalise. Banggood seem to also sell some EUC parts as well.

• 1 month later...

Archived