New Firmware 1.3.5 listed

SuperSport

3 minutes ago, AlanR said:

@SlowMo You mentioned shunting your Generic X3 clone battery BMS.

After my generic [Dragonmen Hotwheels] face-planted me a few times and with little support from the manufacturers I tried shunting my EUC BMS using information from a member on this forum - see the photo.

Unfortunately, it didn't work; perhaps my soldering wasn't up to scratch or the shunt is incorrect!!?

Interested on any comment you may have on this!

Do you have a picture facing front? I have mentioned before for you to send an email to hobby16. Fred is very helpful and would guide you but you have to show the photo of the BMS in front facing view. Please reply to the below BMS thread..

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@SlowMo I didn't want to mention who gave me the information on the shunt - it was in fact hobby16.

The best I could do is the photo below.

It could well be that my soldering didn't connect all the terminals on the pc board!  I had difficulty getting the solder to 'wet' the pc board terminals - the wire shunt was no problem.

BMS 3.jpeg

16 minutes ago, AlanR said:

@SlowMo I didn't want to mention who gave me the information on the shunt - it was in fact hobby16.

The best I could do is the photo below.

It could well be that my soldering didn't connect all the terminals on the pc board!  I had difficulty getting the solder to 'wet' the pc board terminals - the wire shunt was no problem.

First we should ask our moderators to transfer these posts to the BMS Thread. Second, @Chriull would be a better person to answer. He will reply to you as always. Did you get a picture after the shunt and did you show it to Fred?

25 minutes ago, AlanR said:

@SlowMo 

No I haven't taken another photo after the shunt - I have a friend who thinks he could do a better job with the soldering!

Will do as you suggest after this!

Thanks for the advice.

Actually, I shunted the 3 mosfets to the right as shown in this post.

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/459-electric-unicycles-bms-problem-and-solution/?do=findComment&comment=14717

Do not update to this firmware! There was a strong electronic whistle from the wheel!
Increase the volume of the sound and watch the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSFei5QHdt0

mirrors:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2shQj2Az_qMeHgzelNkanRvUmM/view?usp=sharing

http://master255.org/res/Фильмы%20(TOP)/20150929_224249.mp4

Hello everyone.

I have Ninebot one E+. 

I did update to V 1.3.5 on Android celphone and I used android app to update.

Today I rode around 12km, averange speed 15km/h and 46minutes rinding around the beach with new version.

Max speed was 22km/h.

I have around 420km distance used on my ninebot one.

I went with totaly full charge (28km - 100% bat) to spend during ride.

I finished with 58% bat (16km) on my ninebot.

In my opnion the wheel is more sensibility to turn. Its good to REGULAR SURFACE, But to ride in IRREGULAR SURFACE is worse because the wheel doesnt keep stability. 

Regular surface the wheel ride nice.

I think to uphill slopes it has less power. In version 1.3.0 I had more power in this situation.

There is no noise. The sound is normal as the same.

The ninebot needs to stop to change it.

I think this version 1.3.5 is good but no good the same time. I prefer 1.3.0 but no problems with 1.3.5. lets wait for new version!!! Enjoy

QuickMemo+_2016-01-01-12-16-35.png

QuickMemo+_2016-01-01-12-16-03.png

QuickMemo+_2016-01-01-12-15-18.png

IMG-20160101-WA0040.jpg

IMG-20160101-WA0037.jpg

IMG-20160101-WA0036.jpg

I have noticed also that it is more difficult to master the wheel on uneven ground.

Once more, what is really lacking is an accurate description of changes or the ability to rollback the firmware versions.

We should be able to choose whether we upgrade or not on a rational basis.

On 12/31/2015 at 4:50 AM, AlanR said:

@SlowMo Was your shunt connections recommended by Jeff? 

The shunt I have added [on Jeff's recommendation] is on what appear to be 'spare' terminals on the pc board!!

I showed it to Fred. And he confirmed that its alright. Please send a message to @Chriull and ask for help.

I wanted to update my opinion of this firmware in MY experience.  LOVE IT!!   Just rode around San Francisco today with some forum members.  It rode fantastic.  Went across the Golden Gate bridge to Sausalito, back across the bridge, Up and Down Lombard Street, then to Pier 39.  It performed flawlessly.  I still don't have the whistle mentioned, but all the GotWays did.  I'm guessing it's similar to what you guys are saying your NineBots are doing now.  Some of them were pretty loud, but bearable.  Maybe the trade off of the sound is for better performance like the GotWays.  For me, it's  a good tradeoff.  Even if I could hear it, and even if it was as loud as the GotWays.  For the record, the GotWays all outlasted the NineBots in distance, but they were kind and waited for us to charge at a Starbucks for a bit.

The only issue I had was that now the NineBot does not lean forward quite as much during tight turns like it did before upgrade, so my pedals drag more flat with my trim on there.  While doing tight figure eights, I was not used to the new drag, and I tipped over on the right side.  No damage, but I'll practice the new lean angle so it does not happen again.

My NineBot battery outlasted the other NineBots on the ride today.  I don't know if it has anything to do with the Firmware Update or not, but it was a few miles longer than the others.  AND, this included riding UP the 22 degree backside of Lombard Street.  That was fun.  Riding down Lombard, I gained 11 Percent Battery, and on another hill, I gain another 11 percent.

All in all, I am super glad I upgraded...  Again, I'm not suggesting anyone update...  ;)

Hi,

If anyone's interested, I have just read (slowly) through several pages of the equivalent thread on a French Forum.

From what I can gather, the members there are generally pleased with 1.3.5 compared to 1.3.0. Smoother, more responsive, more gentle tilt-back. The whistling noise is being discussed, but only one member seems to think that it is a problem.

In a post by Ninebot (France), with reference to the whistling sound, they acknowledged it and said it is "due to software adaptations in the power supply system" (if my translation is correct).

I have not been able to upgrade from 1.3.0 due to charger issues, but for what it's worth, I can't hear any whistling at all in any of the videos!

Maybe I'm high-frequency (wife and above) deaf!

MBC

I actually hear the noise in the video and I am a little High Pitch deaf. You have to turn the Volume WAY UP.  Enough so that the crickets drive you Crazy and the Power On Beep hurts your ears.  The whistle/squeal on this video is not enough to drive me Crazy, but I am glad mine does not do it.  I rode this past weekend with a bunch of GotWays, and they all have the sound.  Theirs was MUCH louder than the one in this video and it still didn't drive me crazy, but again, I'm glad mine does not do it.

I know there were experiments of playing annoying noises around shopping centers to 'youths' hanging around after hours.  The sounds being emitted weren't audible to anybody over the age of around 25.

There have been programmes on the telly which have played sounds only audible to the younger generation too.

I know most of us on here are at a 'more mature' stage of life ;) which may be why there is so much difference in perception of the noise.

Remember 'that dress' recently exploding the internet with arguments over what colour it was - similar thing.  Each of us has a different brain and what we see and hear is purely based on our receptive organs coupled with our brains understanding of the incoming signals decoding into what we believe to be factual TO US - not necessarily to everybody else.

Some might think it's a deliberate act on Ninebot to stop kids having fun on these EUC's keeping it for the 'oldies' instead??

FWIW I'm not anywhere near as old as a lot of people around this forum, but I'm far from being as young as I'd like to be :P

On 30 de desembre de 2015 at 10:21 PM, master255 said:

Do not update to this firmware! There was a strong electronic whistle from the wheel!
Increase the volume of the sound and watch the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSFei5QHdt0

mirrors:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2shQj2Az_qMeHgzelNkanRvUmM/view?usp=sharing

http://master255.org/res/Фильмы%20(TOP)/20150929_224249.mp4

I have installed it in my Nienebot e+ and have no noise. When stopped just silent.

Yeah, for some reason, @master255 does have the noise, as do some other members as reported.  To him it seems to be louder than the other members, so it is possible that his Motherboard reacted to it differently.  From the video, it seems almost as loud as the crickets, but we are not there, so we don't know for sure how loud it is in real life.  It could also be that his hears are more sensitive to the noise than maybe someone else would be.  Either way, I wish I were closer to him so I could offer to buy it at a 'Noisy Bot' discount.

7 minutes ago, NinebotOneUser said:

When listen to loud music for many years, the ear become partial deaf. Most can not hear the noise! Only few can hear the noise!

Also, as we age, we loose the ability to hear above certain frequencies.  Loud music or not, it's just part of the aging process.

I can hear it on the video, but don't mind it.  When riding around GotWays, it is very loud, but again, would not stop me from riding.

It's official then - I'm OLD ;):P

Actually, it's at night I hear the whistle - specially when everything is silent - that, and the voices telling me to check out what's in the fridge!

Definitely somebody making sure the yooooves don't have all the fun on this EUC phenomena trying to put them off with annoying whistling and allowing the 'older generation' to RULE :D

Archived