Inmotion V11 - Ultimate Seated Commuter (3000km review)

Ádám Szitás

I think the kickstand should be fixed. It's a shame it frictions against the tire while down, otherwise I wish keep it down so no need to fiddle with it. A bit like the z10 kickstand did.

34 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

I think the kickstand should be fixed. It's a shame it frictions against the tire while down, otherwise I wish keep it down so no need to fiddle with it. A bit like the z10 kickstand did.

The most I like about it is that it is very easy to just kick it up and down, so no need to fiddle with it. What you say is possible though, you just need to move it slightly away from the tire and it stays there.

• Like 1

Very nice summary of the wheel.

I'm at 1000kms and my experience is very similar to yours.

Light is borderline useless for me. They work great at flat ground, because they beam is pointed downwards. This is good, because it doesn't blind pedestrians, but in the slightest incline or hard acceleration it only throws for around 2 meters in front. I don't know where you live, but in Greece - athens, you can't go fee meters without a change in gradient. I ride in the stiffest mode already and changing the tilt (and thus the driving characteristics) just to have a useable light, is not an acceptable solution for me. I bought a hand light for night rides in pitch black spots. A possible solution would be to have a 2 way axis to stabilize the light. Even cheap drones do this for their cameras.

The stand doesn't work well unless the ground is perfectly flat and no winds are present.

Other than the above, which seem kinda minor in retrospect the wheel is very good.

If it had 2000wh battery with a 60km/h top speed, it would have everything for me.

• Like 1

Yeah I can see how the stand wouldn't work on inclines. But it feels great in shops and other open areas where there is nothing to lean it on. 

About the light, I use the softest possible mode and it is like having a flashlight in my hand I can throw the light up 10 degrees or down 10 degrees in an instant. Not the perfect solution I know, but it does wonders for me and I find it very fun :) There is always room for improvement in EUCs.

• 2 weeks later...

Is your V11 part of any batch with the bearing fixes? Seems like all V11 owner will eventually just have to live with that squeaky or grinding noise. I don't know if there's any danger of riding with that noise other than it might get loud enough to annoy you or other people. 

21 minutes ago, vd853 said:

Is your V11 part of any batch with the bearing fixes? Seems like all V11 owner will eventually just have to live with that squeaky or grinding noise. I don't know if there's any danger of riding with that noise other than it might get loud enough to annoy you or other people. 

Mine is dated 08/29, I received it last day of October. I got the new motor with the newer bearings, going to change it the next few weeks and we will see how it fares again. It might get dangerous to ride like that for thousands and thousands of kms but that is a lot for a EUC, at worst I will change them when I have to replace the tire anyway.

Very nice review, looks and reads, like it held up well! 

I have been toying with the thought of buying the seat, but for now, most of the fun is the feeling of standing and flying!  I'm sure once the honeymoon is over perhaps the seat will look more attractive.

I like the v11 kickstand as you do, I wish it had a mechanical level that when you pull the kickstand down there is a mechanical mechanism that makes the base of the kickstand wider when you pull it down, then slims back up when you pull it up.  I feel if the kickstand was just a tad wider at the base it would feel 100% more sturdy.

Great review!

On 2/8/2021 at 11:46 PM, Rich Sam said:

Very nice review, looks and reads, like it held up well! 

I have been toying with the thought of buying the seat, but for now, most of the fun is the feeling of standing and flying!  I'm sure once the honeymoon is over perhaps the seat will look more attractive.

I like the v11 kickstand as you do, I wish it had a mechanical level that when you pull the kickstand down there is a mechanical mechanism that makes the base of the kickstand wider when you pull it down, then slims back up when you pull it up.  I feel if the kickstand was just a tad wider at the base it would feel 100% more sturdy.

Great review!

The seat is awesome, I ride seated on Gotway MSP which is ok, but the V11 seated is on another level, you sit much higher and more comfortable and the suspension is ace for seated riding, it's like sitting in a comfy chair almost, I think it's totally worth it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thx for wonderfull comments. 

I love my V11. The stud pedals makes the wheel a lot better, so much more fun, control and speed. Im still working on a better seat the seat from Inmotion is elegant and adds a lot to steering the wheel since you can lean your knees against the seat. That gives you added power for changing speed and direction, its wonderfull. They are worth every penny also great for sand and snow, that just runs thru.  Run and buy. 1E996326-DBA1-4CA5-A2DA-9E0348163112.jpe

2A712B01-6758-4F05-836D-EAB5B4C51579.jpe

Sidepads: I have em have not tried em yet. They block my sitting, so Im more interested in a higher seat. Adding a 5cm yogablock (Overpriced EVA-foam) on top of the seat is very good really - 10cm is too much.  Its shaped nicely, you just need to add more velcro to it - Design could have been better but it works well with the trolley handle. 
B5832318-F080-4F10-9EB2-2D5AD2C8B9B4.jpe
I need a little more range for winter, I was thinking about buying the Veteran Sherman or the Gotway EX as extra long distance wheels. I think I want suspension on my wheels so I dont need to hyperfocus on bumps all the time. Ive noticed Daniel Kot improves Gotways wheels by adding better bearings. 

The Bearings problem:
A good tech-clever freind of mine gave up on V11 since too many fuck ups in the bearings compartement, I also got a new motor and changed the old bearings in the old motor, so far the new one works well I had some days with noise but it stopped when weather got better.  

Drill a hole a save the bearings theory?

The idea is that water i drawn into the motor and it could be avoided in a very strange way. Fin the YT video about it sporting this wonderfull bloke: Dont take it from me go to the source. Also realise the amazing EUC bros change bearings on the (tortured?) gotways. EUC bros have the most entertaining EUC vidoes ever.  Here is Davids comment from the facebook group. 

With the new bearings and the hole to equalize the pressure and temperature inside with that of the outside, it works perfectly!👌🏻👍🏻😊

Here is my comment to Davids amazing Video: 

The bearings problem om hollow motors solved? Praise the tech Gods, Giant bearings are OK after all? Video here: https://youtu.be/jSDK6ImZYiY?t=106

The link to facebook is here, very relevant Bearings debate and possible solution

The main problem is low quality bearings and poor sealing. For everything else, hollow engines are the future.😅

Edited by Finn Bjerke

7 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Drill a hole a save the bearings theory?

The idea is that water i drawn into the motor and it could be avoided in a very strange way. Fin the YT video about it sporting this wonderfull bloke: Dont take it from me go to the source. Also realise the amazing EUC bros change bearings on the (tortured?) gotways. EUC bros have the most entertaining EUC vidoes ever.  Here is Davids comment from the facebook group. 

With the new bearings and the hole to equalize the pressure and temperature inside with that of the outside, it works perfectly!👌🏻👍🏻😊

Here is my comment to Davids amazing Video: 

The bearings problem om hollow motors solved? Praise the tech Gods, Giant bearings are OK after all? Video here: https://youtu.be/jSDK6ImZYiY?t=106

Don't do this, that's very experimental, rather get the 3D printed seals with grease to water- and dust-proof the bearings.

• Like 1