INMOTION V12 (pre-release)

Inmotion Global

51 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

I feel like we're going to keep getting variations of this message over and over again over the next couple months, each time referring to different makes and models, and every time people are going to get re-riled up about it, when in fact this 'news' was really contained back in the original reports about the battery shortage. This is just confirmation that "yep, it's all playing out like expected, and this is life now until the battery shortage ends (hopefully sometime over the next few months)".

I just hope the shortage doesnt lead to a downgrade in quality of batteries.. Or manufacturers using sub quality battery suppliers. That would be a crappy scenario. I rather wait a bit or possibly pay a bit more to know i am getting what is expected.. Not sure how much of a price hike there will be. A few hundred is a decent bump up. 

55 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I just hope the shortage doesnt lead to a downgrade in quality of batteries.. Or manufacturers using sub quality battery suppliers. That would be a crappy scenario. I rather wait a bit or possibly pay a bit more to know i am getting what is expected.. Not sure how much of a price hike there will be. A few hundred is a decent bump up. 

I think Inmotion knows better than doing that. They gone up in parts (quality) history wise as far as I recall. 

And in improving solutions if shortcomings popped up. Maybe not as fast as people hoped but to me they are one of the better brands in this regard. We all wish it wouldn't be like this. Yet at least they move in the right direction. 

It happened several times with V11. 

• Like 1

V12 in Poland. First impression.

https://youtu.be/YbGxCLxGGk0

Really hope that it will be a successor of 16X with similar hill-climing ability. If it is only a matter of software / firmware optimisation, then even 1st batch could be good to buy.

Edited by PeWoo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Oleg Artene said:

Until what battery percentage (how long) does V12 allow you to ride stable 32mph/50kmh?

50%, 30%, 10%?

Based on the direction they went with the V11 not throttling until 30%, I expect you should be able to sustain 32 mph to at least 30%, perhaps a bit lower since 32 mph is below the wheel's top speed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Oleg Artene said:

Until what battery percentage (how long) does V12 allow you to ride stable 32mph/50kmh?

50%, 30%, 10%?

I think wrongway has a chart in his review of the preproduction version. I am sure that could change in the production version but It's probably pretty close.

3 hours ago, Oleg Artene said:

50%, 30%, 10%?

This will depend a little on the tire choice and standing vs sitting but FYI sustaining 50kmh on a 16" wheel is generally pretty hard unless the road condition is perfect. You should also look at a bigger wheel if wanting to sustain that kind of speed safely (especially if you're going to be riding with car traffic).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, conecones said:

You should also look at a bigger wheel if wanting to sustain that kind of speed safely (especially if you're going to be riding with car traffic).

Thanks, I am looking for a "car traffic" wheel.

Just sold my wheel yesterday (now I use a temporary small one) and was planning to wait for V12 to appear in stores. Because of 16' sometimes I start thinking to get something bigger/stable but the V12 quality attracts me back. I will try to find something else, and will discuss/ask about that in another topic.

Update:

I can't find anything else. I don't want Gotway because of bad trolley handle, weak shell, risky battery, hollow motor bearing problems/cost, no kickstand.

So at the moment only V12 feets my needs for a daily city commuter that is comfortable taking indoors (shops, restaurants).

Edited by Oleg Artene
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Kennedy Moore said:

Does anyone know if inmotion is pumping out v12 or waiting on parts? I just preordered and been informed I’m on batch 2 just wondering if anyone has the inside scoop lol

I’d like to know this too. Got my deposit in the same day it was put on the site. Haven’t gotten any more communications since then. :cry2:

12 minutes ago, Vulkov said:

According to a reliable contact of mine, Inmotion is currently keeping quiet, and he thinks they haven't even started producing the first batch of the V12's. Hopefully, they are working out all the issues reported by the testers, but this also means it will take a while before we see any wheels reaching us.

A small first batch of v12s have been shipped already.  I think it was a total of 150 units. According to Ewheels,  they are supposed to receive their first units hopefully soon. Shipping from China is still messy. 

On their site they state pretty clearly they are expecting a large production run to come in sept.. with how things are today prob expect Oct or Nov, if you weren't one of the early adopters.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I think it was a total of 150 units.

Yes, I believe this is what Inmotion shipped worldwide, ewheels will receive 30 of them.

10 hours ago, Vulkov said:

According to a reliable contact of mine, Inmotion is currently keeping quiet, and he thinks they haven't even started producing the first batch of the V12's. ...

*All* of the currently active EUC manufacturers have shut down production and most have stopped taking new orders, pretty much until further notice. No need for furtive 'contacts', just need to be able to read: https://eucsale.com/buying-guide/important-news-euc-manufactures-suspend-production-due-lithium-batteries-crisis.html

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

The initial batch of 30 for eWheels was in the US and going through customs the last time I asked for an update.

Great news! The first batch of V12's has arrived and is clearing customs as we speak. We expect to get these shipped out in the next week assuming everything goes smooth with customs.

We will be reaching out to you soon with a link to pay the remaining balance.

That was 6 days ago (7/22), so customs seems to be taking a while.

• Like 2