INMOTION V12 (pre-release)

Inmotion Global

9 hours ago, Tune said:

Hey!

Does anyone know exactly what changes were made to the production version of the V12 compared to the preview version?

1. Head light will be brighter with different LEDs from the prototype.

2. Adjustable hangers will be black instead of silver.

3. Trolley handle will have a different angle so it is easier to use.

Not sure what else will change but most likely the firmware will change.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tune said:

Hey!

Does anyone know exactly what changes were made to the production version of the V12 compared to the preview version?

Based on what I've heard and seen:

4. Trolley handle will be slightly shorter, so it doesn't stick out as much at the back.

5. The speakers will have more base.

6. The charge port will be bigger (GX16-5).

(Forgot where I heard these things, sorry.)

Edited by thefork
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, BruceCLin said:

1. Head light will be brighter with different LEDs from the prototype.

2. Adjustable hangers will be black instead of silver.

3. Trolley handle will have a different angle so it is easier to use.

Not sure what else will change but most likely the firmware will change.

2 hours ago, thefork said:

Based on what I've heard and seen:

4. Trolley handle will be slightly shorter, so it doesn't stick out as much at the back.

5. The speakers will have more base.

6. The charge port will be bigger (GX16-5).

(Forgot where I heard these things, sorry.)

Thanks for the info! =)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, onizukagto said:

Pin lock to screen has been added. 

Great news, next step, few profiles selectable by Pin codes

a/ If the wheel is used by different members of a family
b/ If you want to swap between different settings for on & offroads
c/ to have at least one EU compatible profile (25 Kph limit)
d/ because V12 offer endless possibility of settings so you can easely compare few...

Just a SW update should do (assuming there some memory left)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Newell.Live said:

Did Inmotion ever officially announce the V12?  Did I miss it?

They didn’t. Seems that they gave up since the details got leaked early. I think they still should’ve though.

22 minutes ago, Kennedy Moore said:

And everyone was mad at you because they thought you did it without permission lol

I didnt really get the outrage lol , evx is a grown ass man. Whether there was "permission" or not is irrelevant to anyone but himself. Im sure he is ready to face any consequences his actions incure if any at all. 

15 hours ago, evX_Mick said:

After i put out those videos, IM sent me a production v12 and continued to get my opinions on the wheel up until last night… so many consequences lol 

2078144B-57AB-47B4-B2D4-38D29DADB5A8.jpeg

Not sure if it was answered already, but will they address the weak brakes?

On 6/6/2021 at 11:47 AM, evX_Mick said:

I have final production model. Should i do video about it?

In fact maybe a comparative would make more sense today.
Unboxing, etc, there are dozen already.

I found this one interesting, but approximate as it claims V12 pedals quite high without to mention at what high they were screw
Or weak breaking without to play on any of the settings..

It also lack a 16X... ;)

12 minutes ago, Meserias said:

hey Camenbert....
you forgot you cat over the keyboard :)

sorry, my keyboard got some coffee last month, i have to use virtual keyboard to avoid such accidents,
the keyboard is haunted since

the moderators can delete those with my benediction

• Like 2

Two further reviews of the production version (literally the same wheel in both videos): Jimmy Chang and Chooch. They are very different riders and youtubers, but both praise the wheel. 

In Jimmy Chang's unboxing (4:07) the manual lists IP rating IPX5 (body), IPX6 (battery). A shame that submersion proofness claim (preproduction batteries were labeled IPX7) is thus retracted. Still, V12 should be good enough for rain and puddles. The lower IP rating of the body (i.e. controller) discourages wading high waters anyway.

One question I still have after all the videos is about the headlight -- as a 95% city rider I would like to know whether it blinds pedestrians and traffic (in any and all of the possible light modes).

• Like 2

On 1/27/2021 at 2:08 AM, Inmotion Global said:

INMOTION V12 is coming soon? Rumor?

No, it's not a rumor. Our engineers are still working hard on the development. We can definitely expect it before June. 

Comment below to share with us  what will you expect for the V12.

Lmao

On 6/11/2021 at 2:55 PM, HarpMudd said:

Curious to whether they were going to add the option to select imperial units for the US folks in time for the production release?

I would swing it this way, its time for US (and UK) to change to metrics, the only understandable meassuring system :-)

Kidding, if i remember right there was a menu option for this

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

I would swing it this way, its time for US (and UK) to change to metrics, the only understandable meassuring system :-)

Kidding, if i remember right there was a menu option for this

I'm from USA and I support this message.  Believe it or not, I leave mine in metric as I think the km/h is more granular & easier to read as an integer.  We also learn metric in school & things like soda are sold in metric as well "2L"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, /Dev/Null said:

I'm from USA and I support this message.  Believe it or not, I leave mine in metric as I think the km/h is more granular & easier to read as an integer.  We also learn metric in school & things like soda are sold in metric as well "2L"

From a scientific standpoint (like volume to weight conversion) metrics are for sure a lot easier to cope with, with a base 10 and no divisors + when working i dont need to think bout odd tool sizes like 3/8 5/8 1/4 1/2 and so on.

We learnt a bit o the other side like... miles 1.6 something km. But I still have to look up how much a "cup" is when prepping food on non metric recipes (as I drink espresso, it could get VERY WRONG using an actual CUP :D)...and dont get me going with yards, feet, acres and stuff like that :D

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1