INMOTION V12 (pre-release)

Inmotion Global

19 hours ago, Todd Fahrner said:

This describes my interest in V10F -> V12 perfectly. I appreciate the safety-conservative design and build quality of the V10F, can't see myself using a Sherman anywhere near its potential, am put off by GW/Begode's poor build quality and lack of safety features, but am just not happy that I'm frequently hitting beeps with V10F (especially when mixing up with traffic where my safety depends partly upon keeping up with the flow), and that I can easily run out the battery far from home. V12 seems to tick all my boxes. I am suspension-curious, but frankly I think the lack of suspension is what's keeping me from wanting to go stupid fast. Rough pavement, potholes, moments of inattention: I respect these threats, and suspension might push me firmly into the Darwin zone of risk homeostasis. I mean, already I don't always gear up completely, and that's another thing that keeps my speeds down.

You said everything that I've been thinking as well. I'm forced to slow down on my daily commute on some sections because of uneven bike paths and roads, but on the smooth straight sections I'm regularly hitting beeps that I'm not comfortable riding on. 

At the same time that I want extra speed, my knees will appreciate suspension... It's a hard call. 

Just gotta see if the V11 drops in price and whether the difference/quality of the first batch of V12 is worth the value/performance to skip suspension. 

• Like 1

See the V12 as a huge upgrade over my 16x for a whole variety of reasons.   

GPW / mrelwood what makes you say that?  Right now the 16x is top-of-the-list for my second wheel purchase (range + off-road) but I'm holding out to see what the V12 brings in its production model.

Edited by macgyvercanada

1 hour ago, KAY GEE said:

100v for starters.:thumbup:

True dat, but counter-balance with built-for-speed motor windings.  If the V12 can handle off-road better than most then I'm still interested, but I don't have any particular desire to hit 70 km/h on a 16" wheel...

One thing I’m most excited about on this wheel are the customization options! Shallow, I know, but the features are just so COOL!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, macgyvercanada said:

GPW / mrelwood what makes you say that?  Right now the 16x is top-of-the-list for my second wheel purchase (range + off-road) but I'm holding out to see what the V12 brings in its production model.

its better in literally every single way... speed, electronics, safety, battery capacity, customization (being able to raise the pedals automatically makes it a better offroading wheel) and the touch screen looks awesome, i hate having to get out my phone or bring a watch.... even discounting its rocky past the 16X is a quite average wheel... its not a bad wheel by any means it just doesnt excel in any category... unfortunately i think both wheels are quite ugly, though i will be getting a V12 and hopefully there will be an euc bodyguard made for it :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tankvemah said:

Here is disassembling of V12 by Ecodrift after 740 km of riding.

Hi and welcome! :)

This is however a prototype, the adjustable pedals is still silver, no orange paint on main switch button

• Like 1

This wheel look great (screen with lock code, light, bumper, IP rating, etc), it open the desire to many other iteration.

A V12 with S18 suspension as previously mentioned
A super V12 with 18", 20" or 22" tire (or best 16" motorcycle size, tubeless).
A V12 'light' (same shell, max 25Kg & $1200-$1500 price) to target city users (maybe replacing the V10F, or just on top of it).
A mini V12 to replace V5F/V8, a "starter wheel" with same screen, lights, bumper, IP rating, etc, but $800 max & <20Kg.

You guys cannot launch a wheel a year, you'll have to be more active!
At least you can now do like Audi or BMW, declining a same design in different sizes, saving time reinventing "the wheel" ^_^

Edited by Camenbert

11 minutes ago, evX_Mick said:

I have final prodiction model. Should i do video about it?

Sure, but not necessary a unboxing, or to show the improvment
Will see the final real top speed!

Edited by Camenbert

1 hour ago, evX_Mick said:

That'd be awesome, would be nice to see if they addressed the weak-points you pointed out in your previous video.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, evX_Mick said:

Yes please! Love your vids  

Here are some ideas:

are leds brighter now?

are headlights brighter?

trolly handle fixed?

An update to the “Real talk” section you did in one of your vids about motor. Any update there?

saw people sitting on this without any seat? Apparently can hold on where handle is at?

speakers any different? More bass now?

pads on side changes?

firmware:

Being able to play music at same time with alien motor sound?

what settings have you found work for you? Any setting to make braking better? 

Edited by Unreal
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Camenbert said:

This wheel look great (screen with lock code, light, bumper, IP rating, etc), it open the desire to many other iteration.

A V12 with S18 suspension as previously mentioned
A super V12 with 18", 20" or 22" tire (or best 16" motorcycle size, tubeless).
A V12 'light' (same shell, max 25Kg & $1200-$1500 price) to target city users (maybe replacing the V10F, or just on top of it).
A mini V12 to replace V5F/V8, a "starter wheel" with same screen, lights, bumper, IP rating, etc, but $800 max & <20Kg.

You guys cannot launch a wheel a year, you'll have to be more active!
At least you can now do like Audi or BMW, declining a same design in different sizes, saving time reinventing "the wheel" ^_^

I seriously doubt you desires will come true. 

Kingsong lost a lawsuits made by Inmotion about the suspension system fir "lending" too much by Inmotion patents. It forced Kingsong to make a different design. So I can't see your optiin 1 will happen. 

As soon you go up to a 18"x3" that is when you start to see more tire options if the shell have enough clearance. Then it is more or less if the rim is suited to tubeless or not. 

Lets just say I had strong indication the next wheel after V12 is likely to be a suspension wheel, unless top management at Inmotion change their mind. 

I doubt they are making a lighter version of the V12 as that would mean less battery so it leads to less range and lower top speed. 

It seems they just launched a V8s with slightly bigger battery than the V8f. But all I can say keep dreaming for that price point. With battery prices going up and electric component being low on stock compared to demand, I doubt we will see any higher specs wheels coming under 1000$ mark in near future. 

If you desire a V12, buy it, but the desire list you have I doubt that will happen. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Unventor said:

I doubt they are making a lighter version of the V12 as that would mean less battery so it leads to less range and lower top speed. 

Exactly! To purpose a lower entry ticket, what's wrong there?

My point is V12 is a seductive package that introduce great feature that Inmotion should decline in different sizes, for different targets, with different price points.

To the top as to entry level ones, why translating the desire to see more offer, therefor more (diverse) riders, to a personal "desire"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Camenbert said:

Exactly! To purpose a lower entry ticket, what's wrong there?

My point is V12 is a seductive package that introduce great feature that Inmotion should decline in different sizes, for different targets, with different price points.

To the top as to entry level ones, why translating the desire to see more offer, therefor more (diverse) riders, to a personal "desire"?

So let me put it this way, what is it you like about the V12?

And that you think thy can cut out to slim the weight and price?

What do you think there is left? 

What I am saying is you can't pull in each direction and expect this will happen. It is unrealistic. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Unventor said:

What I am saying is you can't pull in each direction and expect this will happen. It is unrealistic. 

The V10 look like the V8 who look like the V5 (design, features)
I bet future Inmotion wheels will have same family look, but from V12.

What's unrealistic here?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Camenbert said:

The V10 look like the V8 who look like the V5 (design, features)
I bet future Inmotion wheels will have same family look, but from V12.

What's unrealistic here?

The development costs of the V11 and V12 have been massive, downsizing them can't cost much.... Bringing a V9 and a V7 with less weight and more battery.

• Like 2