INMOTION V12 (pre-release)

Inmotion Global

I have never had a wheel that could not go the advertised speed per the on board speedometer. So now we are not only lying about the actual speed by 3-5 MPH. We can't even get to the lie? :facepalm:

Edited by RockyTop

5 hours ago, Heyzeus said:

so I will wait and see what we've got coming out around December. V13 with similar specs to this wheel and a suspension system, mmmm

I’m quite sure that the V13 will take much longer than that. Mid 2022 if we’re very lucky. And I can’t even see how Inmotion could screw up the V13 in a way that I wouldn’t buy it... But I guess it’s still possible.

Edited by mrelwood

Looking at how difficult wheel launches have been the past 1-1 1/2 year I doubt we see another wheel within first year after V12 first sale to customer and shipping them out. 

As for naming who knows what it will be called.

With the things going on inside Inmotion it is very hard to get any liable information about the future these days.

• Like 1

I guess I see 38 -40 ish as 38 + BS. EVX did not mention killing the Nikola in anything that matters to me. They can keep all the fancy screens and such. 
40ish BS with someone as small as EVX is total BS as 43.5MPH 

How would you feel if you bought a car that said it could go 80MPH yet only goes 50MPH. ....... Gosh you should not go that fast anyways. It is safer that way. I would like to see the GPS on the V12. I bet it only goes 34MPH maybe? 

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I’m quite sure that the V13 will take much longer than that. Mid 2022 if we’re very lucky. And I can’t even see how Inmotion could screw up the V13 in a way that I wouldn’t buy it... But I guess it’s still possible.

14 inch non suspension wheel with a 3200wh 100v battery but limited top speed of 25 mph!!! The v13 is perfect for anyone who demands trendy battery specs but plans to just roll on sidewalks and bike paths! Get yours today!!! 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

I guess I see 38 -40 ish as 38 + BS. EVX did not mention killing the Nikola in anything that matters to me. They can keep all the fancy screens and such. 

How would you feel if you bought a car that said it could go 80MPH yet only goes 50MPH. ....... Gosh you should not go that fast anyways. It is safer that way. I would like to see the GPS on the V12. I bet it only goes 34MPH maybe? 

So you don't own a Nikola (at least your flair says you don't).  This would indicate that a high speed 16 inch wheel is not a wheel that you are interested in.  Obviously a safer version of that same high speed wheel would not be interesting to you.  It seems silly that you are defending the not a Nikola killer position so adamantly when you aren't even an owner. I would think anyone would want their wheels to be more waterproof and less likely to cut out because you didn't hear beeps. So what that the theoretical speed of 43 is a myth.  Even if it ONLY goes as fast as the Nikola, the added safety is worth the extra cost.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

14 inch non suspension wheel with a 3200wh 100v battery but limited top speed of 25 mph!!! The v13 is perfect for anyone who demands trendy battery specs but plans to just roll on sidewalks and bike paths! Get yours today!!! 

Yo bruh why you dissin my lil wheel mang! Wots it ever do to you!! & how'd ya know thats exactly what I want for Xmas!!! LOLz

All jokes aside, my MCM5v2 up'd to 100v 1500wh keeping the same form factor would be just about perfect. I'd be inline for it if IM (or whoever) makes one. It would be the perfect inner city urban wheel...for me anyways.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, pkinpdx said:

So what that the theoretical speed of 43 is a myth.  Even if it ONLY goes as fast as the Nikola, the added safety is worth the extra cost.

:facepalm:  It is very simple. The box says that the Nikola can go 35MPH. It does that easy. The V12 says that it will go 43.5 MPH. Go 43.5 MPH and tell me how safe you are. Don't worry you can't even get close to that speed. We call that safety. We will pay more for a 100mph wheel that only goes 5mph. That way we can have a really fast, really safe wheel. It might be a great wheel. But it should say 35MPH with cool extras on the box. Then it would be great. If a company is going to lie more about everything, more than any other company I don't trust it. What else are they lying about? and that is called quality? Trust me you don't want to go that fast anyways this wheel is not stable at that speed. -great excuse.  Louder beeps are great. It takes about 15 minutes and $5 to make a GotWay loud. I should not have to add a louder beeper but it is something I can fix. I can't fix the InMotion 43.5 MPH short fall. 

Why tell people that it is something that it is not. 

Just because I don't own a Nikola doesn't mean that I haven't used one extensively. They are pretty awesome. I did not think I would like it but I did. 

You can say bad things about any other company. Just keep you opinions to yourself on InMotion. -  That might mean something. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

🤔but just a minor detail. I don’t think Begode actually announces any top speed. They state safe cruising speed (20 km/h) and no load speed (77 km/h). But never top speed for riding. http://www.begode.com/productinfo/371591.html My understanding is that all the top speed specs for Begodes are user reported or filled in by resellers to make comparisons easier. 

Woah. That's a great way to get around this "dilemma" if it's true. 

I like this, riders can just fill in the blanks themselves, with no hard expectations, how can you be "disappointed" when you get the EUC in your hands? 

Maybe begode does have a better marketing team.... 

Well, that isn't a surprise considering its comparison to Inmotion. Sales.... Isn't their strong point. :roflmao:

9 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

riders can just fill in the blanks themselves, with no hard expectations

Well, you should expect hard landings when testing the top speed for you without tiltback. And not expect to always reach the same speed as someone on a YouTube video. But I agree this would be a better way to do it. Not realistic because of spec sheet comparisons, though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RockyTop said:

:facepalm:  It is very simple. The box says that the Nikola can go 35MPH. It does that easy. The V12 says that it will go 43.5 MPH. Go 43.5 MPH and tell me how safe you are. Don't worry you can't even get close to that speed. We call that safety. We will pay more for a 100mph wheel that only goes 5mph. That way we can have a really fast, really safe wheel. It might be a great wheel. But it should say 35MPH with cool extras on the box. Then it would be great. If a company is going to lie more about everything, more than any other company I don't trust it. What else are they lying about? and that is called quality? Trust me you don't want to go that fast anyways this wheel is not stable at that speed. -great excuse.  Louder beeps are great. It takes about 15 minutes and $5 to make a GotWay loud. I should not have to add a louder beeper but it is something I can fix. I can't fix the InMotion 43.5 MPH short fall. 

Why tell people that it is something that it is not. 

Just because I don't own a Nikola doesn't mean that I haven't used one extensively. They are pretty awesome. I did not think I would like it but I did. 

You can say bad things about any other company. Just keep you opinions to yourself on InMotion. -  That might mean something. 

Every wheel claims that the range is 4 times what you can actually do but that’s ok?  I’m fine if you say bad things about INMOTION or any company but do it from a place of fact and experience.  You haven’t ridden this wheel yet you want to argue against its viability as an option.  I am cautiously optimistic from the little bit of real testimony by someone that actually rode the wheel.  Every company makes radical claims about the performance of their wheels and if pressed can justify the unrealistic conditions that allow it.  I prefer actual capabilities to sales bullshit and so far the V12 looks like a pretty capable wheel.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Let's just look at how big a difference there is in what V12 does and your example of the car. I see that blown way out of proportion.

And the cars I had so far all reported about 5kmh more than they actually drove at that point. This is an intended offset to avoid getting caught speeding even if you change tires.

And I don't see people driving their cars at max acceleration and at top speed either in a car. 

If people want to or not to buy a V12 that is their business. But a few kmh more or less really matters less. And this little difference will not make the wheel any less safe as Inmotion have different design philosophy so on paper it will already have more margin to cope that what most other brands will have. 

But if speed it all that matters there are other choices to pick from.

• Like 3

It's obvious that Inmotion advertise 70kmh because they want to be up there with Gotway and Veteran in terms of speed, it's a marketing thing for sure but imo it backfires when it's not really true, the smart thing would be as already been said to not advertise any top speed and let people discover themselves then we wouldn't be having this discussion to start with.

Also as @RockyTop mentioned will be interesting to see actual GPS speed as well, maybe it's even inflated as on the V11 which would be even worse.

And wanting a wheel to stay true to advertised specs doesn't mean you are always pushing the wheel at those specs, you just want the wheel to do what was advertised, if the specs on paper were correct it's just better for everyone and would make it easier to make an informed purchasing decision. I bought the V11 and was sorely disappointed when it really wasn't a 55kmh wheel because that was what I was looking for in a wheel at the time, if I knew about the inflated speed I wouldn't have bought it and I ended up selling it with one of the mayor reasons being that I felt limited and frustrated getting beeps and tiltback around 50, and remember that is the speed you get at full battery and it goes downhill from there.

1 hour ago, gon2fast said:

The V12 could have a Fancy Mode like the V11 to release some additional performance (speculation/suggestion LOL). 

Problem with V11 is that even with fancy mode the speed is inflated by 8% so fancy mode only gives you 51kmh in reality and that is with tiltback and at max battery, so yet again padded numbers that looks good on paper but doesn't feel as good as in reality.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

It's obvious that Inmotion advertise 70kmh because they want to be up there with Gotway and Veteran in terms of speed, it's a marketing thing for sure

I think it's only obvious to you :rolleyes:

But yes, i agree about the "marketing thing" just sales not being the best and being its lacking sales professional stuff, a typical inmotion trait.

Edited by onizukagto

3 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

But yes, i agree about the "marketing thing" just sales not being the best and being its lacking sales professional stuff, a typical inmotion trait.

Again, not a single V12 has been sold, and nothing has been advertised (by Inmotion). The product hasn’t yet been announced, and probably isn’t even yet ready.

Isn’t blaming the sales department at this point a bit ridiculous?

• Like 3

I read all of the posts. :blink1: I agree that the V12 could be a great wheel for "whatever it is". :D I actually hope that it turns out to be the best wheel ever. I just care more about what is under the hood than fancy extras and looks.

Fancy Extras:  They are letting you adjust the ride setting more. That is the best extra that I see on the wheel. :thumbup:

• Like 1