INMOTION V12 (pre-release)

Inmotion Global

2 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Should they stop putting speakers in vehicles too?

YES. Dad gum kids in their 'hopped up' Civics cruising by with so called 'music' so loud it sets off other car alarms.

oh... GET OFF MY LAWN!

but, I don't use the speakers in my wheel cuz I can't hear them when I'm riding. My exception is EUCW AVAS, but that's only if I need a silly reason to smile at the start of my ride.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NickNonsense said:

So we into May now and still nothing. 😂 

Whats this new wheel again? Totally forgot 

Chicway said ship out date is still looking like June, so interpret that how you want, but looks like no additional delays beyond the initial one.

https://www.chicway.shop/2021-inmotion-v12-electric-unicycle-2500w-70km-h-100v-1750wh-auto-headlight-fashion-led-monowheel_p0348.html

On 5/1/2021 at 3:58 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

WHy doesnt Inmo make the usb port capable of being the storage for an INTERNAL mp3/wav/aiff player?

Having done some work recently on audio/video files on PCs... it's a f***ing pain in the ass.. and any vendor who do that must have very careful that a unexpected mp3/wav/aiff/m4a/ogg/flac/*put any random audio codec integrated player support* will not affect in anyway the wheel capability to balance.

Did you knew you can put vorbis (ogg) codec into a wav file (named .mp3 otherwise it's not funny)... or an mp3 into a m4a (named .wav)? (and for videos, yes you can have an hevc (x265 codec) into the good old AVI).

So the bluetooth isn't maybe also safest ... but for now its looks to me that the audio transport protocol on BT is safer as only few well known codecs are supported (aptx, aac, sbc, ldac) and this is negotiated once and doesn't change.

In another way, I wouldn't trust a wheel that doesn't have a dedicated card to play audio from a usb stick that can't interfere with the motherboard.

Edited by APLUfr
  • Like 3

Is anyone worried that the headlight will be a downgrade from the V11.

Ewheels is saying the headlight on the V11 is 18 W 2268 lm. The chicway page indicates 12 w for the V12. I feel like the V11 could be brighter, especially when cruising at top speed in darker areas.

19 minutes ago, Chaotropic said:

Ewheels is saying the headlight on the V11 is 18 W 2268 lm. The chicway page indicates 12 w for the V12. I feel like the V11 could be brighter, especially when cruising at top speed in darker areas.

amperage, efficiency, lumens, dispersion are all important as well. I wouldnt assume much with mere wattage specs. Color of light also makes a difference. One would really need to see them in action to know which is better. Well, unless its just painfully obvious. Top speed in darkness, I'd use the wheel lights AND some knuckle lights.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

On 5/1/2021 at 11:55 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

Cities are loud and 'residential' areas inside cities dont get a free pass. Y Even so: Yes, i typically turn down my vehicle music if its blaring loudly  and I pull up to a light or am in a spot where it seems a nuisance. I keep a mute button handy even when I ride in the country. My droid has eucw AND mute on the stationary screen I use. I think the discussion of speaker or not is a moot point, as they are already fairly common. Its also much easier to simply not use speakers, than want to use some that arent installed.

My suggestion included specifically a means to long press or double press the screen for immediate mute ;) I mentioned it twice actually. Should they stop putting speakers in vehicles too? Fwiw, I typically drive with music quiet to hear traffic(i dont like a/c, windows down for me) and half my vehicles dont have a radio. Inmo alread put FOUR speakers on the wheel. It seems like having a easily mutable player would be BETTER than the current situation of expecting you to carry a phone and locate a mute button.  Some riders claim that music from the wheel IS a safety feature and enables them to be located and heard. I've no opinion of that however.

I too listen to music...and I don't think we owe anyone a defense. YMMV. 

How you been Shane???

22 hours ago, Chaotropic said:

Agreed...I would hope it gets better not worse. 

• Like 1

Just binged watched evx videos. Damn. 

Sounds great. But one thing evx didn't cover was the "pin lock". 

"smart BMS" came up too, manual and promo says v12 has "3" BMS? So why three? 

Sure only the V11 has a smart BMS, able to keep going if one pack dies, shame if they don't have this same function in the v12

The large heat sink looks legit, and no fan means less things to break and "quieter" (not like you will notice over the cool rpm rev sound.).

And while he did go over the lights, he didn't really show us the effect during a night ride. 

But the four array light does have some merit. Two facing down and two facing up. So when you ride faster, you will still be able to have one set of lights facing forwards. 

You won't get the same dipped problem on the V11. 

I held off on the V11 due to moving house, new kid and changed commute. I kinda talked myself out of the need of a Suspension wheel but this new commute has been on some pretty rough, uneven bike routes and the occasional off-road, can definitely feel my sore knees on my V10F lately. So now I'm contemplating if I can handle these routes on a faster non-suspension wheel...decision decisions....:rolleyes:

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, onizukagto said:

Just binged watched evx videos. Damn. 

Sounds great. But one thing evx didn't cover was the "pin lock". 

"smart BMS" came up too, manual and promo says v12 has "3" BMS? So why three? 

Sure only the V11 has a smart BMS, able to keep going if one pack dies, shame if they don't have this same function in the v12

The large heat sink looks legit, and no fan means less things to break and "quieter" (not like you will notice over the cool rpm rev sound.).

And while he did go over the lights, he didn't really show us the effect during a night ride. 

But the four array light does have some merit. Two facing down and two facing up. So when you ride faster, you will still be able to have one set of lights facing forwards. 

You won't get the same dipped problem on the V11. 

I held off on the V11 due to moving house, new kid and changed commute. I kinda talked myself out of the need of a Suspension wheel but this new commute has been on some pretty rough, uneven bike routes and the occasional off-road, can definitely feel my sore knees on my V10F lately. So now I'm contemplating if I can handle these routes on a faster non-suspension wheel...decision decisions....:rolleyes:

the Pin lock is not real... at least not yet. I have the latest firmware, and I've had every firmware since protype 1, and theres not been a lock. Although they may add this in the final firmware. who knows. 

• Like 1

Did the NDA end or did Evx just release the videos by his own decision?

I have found that normally other tech YouTubers release videos about the same time for example phone release. Now Evx is the first even though the are rumours about other EUC creators having the wheel.

Hopefully he isn't going to get repercussions from this.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, evX_Mick said:

the Pin lock is not real... at least not yet. I have the latest firmware, and I've had every firmware since protype 1, and theres not been a lock. Although they may add this in the final firmware. who knows. 

What range were you getting from it with your riding style?

@evX_Mick great videos on the V12 man! 8 stairs may have been a little much :roflmao:

I like the modular design of this wheel, being able to replace a front or back without having to buy a whole shell is really cool. 

Wish it had more torque for breaking but I could never have too much breaking. 

Having so much control over the pedal angles, splitting the tilt for accel and breaking and having an overall angle adjustment is awesome. I with I could have that on my RS (hell I wish I had that on all the wheels).

Law makes hopping curbs look so effortless. I feel the weight of the RS jumping up curbs! 

• Like 3

Dang, I really hoped this was going to be a "Nikola Killer" as advertised, but it is basically the same torque and barely higher top speed (but need to ride tilt back to reach)? InMotion in 2021 still can't(or won't) beat a 2019 Gotway in performance for the same wheel size category? :/ Seems like they are still sticking with their tradition of having their flagship a few years behind Gotway's in pure performance. If Gotway refreshes the Nik+ it's almost certain it will beat the V12 in speed/torque/range as their refreshes always increase performance no matter what else is sacrificed. V12 is more like a KS16X killer IMO, as there's literally no reason to get the 16x now even if its a little cheaper. I guess the only upgrade from a Nikola is going to be those quality of life improvements, which may matter to some new buyers but probably not as much for existing Nikola owners since there's no real difference in performance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, conecones said:

Dang, I really hoped this was going to be a "Nikola Killer" as advertised, but it is basically the same torque and barely higher top speed (but need to ride tilt back to reach)? InMotion in 2021 still can't(or won't) beat a 2019 Gotway in performance for the same wheel size category? :/ Seems like they are still sticking with their tradition of having their flagship a few years behind Gotway's in pure performance. If Gotway refreshes the Nik+ it's almost certain it will beat the V12 in speed/torque/range as their refreshes always increase performance no matter what else is sacrificed. V12 is more like a KS16X killer IMO, as there's literally no reason to get the 16x now even if its a little cheaper. I guess the only upgrade from a Nikola is going to be those quality of life improvements, which may matter to some new buyers but probably not as much for existing Nikola owners since there's no real difference in performance.

Yeah i was hoping for a decent bump over the nik+. I guess at 16in that may be tough to do and remain stable. I guess i am more bummed about the tilt back being so much below the advertised top speed. I have 16x and was about to get a nik, saw the v12 was coming and held off.. I dont think i would buy the nik over this, but if i had a nik i prob wouldnt be so fast to trade it in for this. 

The wheel on its own merits looks pretty cool, all of the features really make me want this wheel.. Even if it is not the "top" in performance, it is still very nice to have the inmotion build and safety with this decent performance on it. 

I am a smaller guy 125lbs, not by any means an aggressive/high end rider and live in NYC.. I am prob the target audience for this wheel

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, conecones said:

Id pay the extra 200$ just for the waterproof batteries alone honestly lol. Dont think someone will upgrade from a nikola they already purchased, but anyone in the 100v 1800wh battery market will have to justify cheaping out on an RS or nikola now.  Adjustable pedals kickstand touchscreen top mounted board fatty heatsink better lighting better waterproofing , much better firmware imo. I think it does kill the future of the nikola even if it doesnt force people to upgrade from it. Besides anyone looking to upgrade their nikola is likely moving up into the sherman/exn/monster pro category, not making a lateral move into another 1800wh wheel

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, evX_Mick said:

Personally I’ve already sold my Nikola and using the v12 full time for Polo. Sherman is still my daily driver. 

Time to update the list of EUCs under your name. ;)

image.png.fa53efdfaeb3e426c601cf93202f13af.png

5 hours ago, evX_Mick said:

about 40 miles

But but they said 100 miles! LOLz just kiddin' ofcos. Not a dig at IM only as they all do it but I would like the mfgrs to not treat us like children with 'em deceptive claims. 

Otherwise I'd have to agree that this V12 seems to be the new 16" standard baring any birthing issues ofcos (& we all know about that don't we). Much as I'm abit thrilled, I no longer will buy anything 1st batch. 'Nuff of being a guinea pig. 

• Like 1