INMOTION V12 (pre-release)

Inmotion Global

7 hours ago, onizukagto said:

The only thing that upsets me about that image, is that menacing gang of arrogant escooters, silently bullying that lonesome EUC. It's like he doesn't belong there.... :blink1:

Yeah bullying of EUC by others PEVs is a really big problem in our society. Maybe someday will be all revealed and our world will be for EUCs by a little step better.

• Like 1

re: pricing: ecodrift has updated their V12 pre-order price to 163k₽ (down from the previous placeholder value of 200k₽, i.e. 20% off of that), which is [by direct currency conversion] =1804€=2182$. As usual, keep in mind that russian PEV prices are typically lower than EU/US etc. The new price might still be inflated in anticipation of high demand.

For comparison, the new price is the same as the RS; 5% more than the V11, 20% more than Nik+ (100V, 1800wh) [I used non-sale ecodrift prices for this comparison];

They also updated the wheel info page, but there is nothing new compared to the recent leaks.

Edited by yoos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, yoos said:

20% more than Nik+ (100V, 1800wh)

This is technically currently true but somewhat misleading in the big picture. For the majority of the 100v Nik+'s life it was a $2200/2300/2400 wheel. It's only more recently that its price has dropped so much, largely I presume because distributors recognize it will be harder to sell once the V12 releases. For all intents and purposes, the V12 is looking to be in the same price ballpark as the Nik+ was for the majority of its life, and especially its first year or two.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AtlasP said:

This is technically currently true but somewhat misleading in the big picture. For the majority of the 100v Nik+'s life it was a $2200/2300/2400 wheel. It's only more recently that its price has dropped so much, largely I presume because distributors recognize it will be harder to sell once the V12 releases. For all intents and purposes, the V12 is looking to be in the same price ballpark as the Nik+ was for the majority of its life, and especially its first year or two.

Only earlier buyers of the Nik+ would think of it this way. The new buyers would compare recent pricing only. E.g., if I'm debating whether to upgrade my graphics card, I compare last years model at today's price vs this years model at today's price. As expected the outgoing model is usually a better deal $ for performance. $2300 USD puts it $150 more than a 2700WH Nik+ from Aliexpress and (not sure if local pricing dropped recently) $100 less than a 2700 EX.N (also Ali,). I get the local distributer service is often worth it but the price difference with Ali is hard to ignore. Both 2700 Nik+ and EX.N are enticing competitors as they offer the most WH/$ right now and I'm not alone in often dropping the 1800WH Nik+ (or any 1800WH 100V wheel) to 50% in 30kms of city traffic and then need to start dialing back the fun.

Not sure how much more optimization Inmotion can do to stretch that 70 km/h performance with a 1750WH battery.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, conecones said:

Not sure how much more optimization Inmotion can do to stretch that 70 km/h performance with a 1750WH battery.

Going down to 3.15V per cell instead of GW’s 3.3V is a notable difference already.

Though we don’t yet know for sure what the 0% battery voltage on the V12 is, anything other than 3.15V would definitely be a big surprise.

Of course if your “fun” is a GPS confirmed 70km/h, we already know that you won’t have much of it with the V12, if at all, no matter the 0% voltage.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Going down to 3.15V per cell instead of GW’s 3.3V is a notable difference already.

Though we don’t yet know for sure what the 0% battery voltage on the V12 is, anything other than 3.15V would definitely be a big surprise.

Of course if your “fun” is a GPS confirmed 70km/h, we already know that you won’t have much of it with the V12, if at all, no matter the 0% voltage.

Very soon, riders will get to see and taste.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Freestyler said:

I envy the people who live in places that they can reach 70km/h on a 16inch wheel without suspension.

i do it in NYC and we arent exactly known for good roads lol

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

No, but you are known for being a bunch of crazy riders with what appears to be a collective death wish! :D

When watching the videos, I would have to agree. It is not quite as bad as it looks when in person. The cars are actually quite slow.

• Like 3

It just occurred to me. I noticed the v12 has on board touch screen along with a speaker system they are bragging about. Well, it is great to have onboard controls for sure. I enjoy an onboard readout too. Benig able to ride my sherm without needing ANY 3rd party device, is great. Here's what came to me...

WHy doesnt Inmo make the usb port capable of being the storage for an INTERNAL mp3/wav/aiff player? Screw bluetooth and screw cell phones! If the wheel has speakers but no player, i STILL have to bring some stupid ass 3rd party device. TRUE standalone ability would mean I could utilize the wheel itself to play music. Actaully, onboard memory card to UPLOAD to wheel storage, is standalone. I would accept a small usb thumb drive tho, and overlook that its not TRULY standalone... Seems feasible that they could incorporate a menu on that 'magic screen' to facility reading from a usb and playing to the speakers. Doesnt the KS wheel do a meager version of this? My cheap crap mp3 player even reads album art, mp3 tags and folder structure. I mean hell, they already have MAXIMUM JOY lighting ring. How about some uber maximum happiness player screen? Having a LONG press on a big touch screen to mute it, along with onboard player would be the bees knees...

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

It just occurred to me. I noticed the v12 has on board touch screen along with a speaker system they are bragging about. Well, it is great to have onboard controls for sure. I enjoy an onboard readout too. Benig able to ride my sherm without needing ANY 3rd party device, is great. Here's what came to me...

WHy doesnt Inmo make the usb port capable of being the storage for an INTERNAL mp3/wav/aiff player? Screw bluetooth and screw cell phones! If the wheel has speakers but no player, i STILL have to bring some stupid ass 3rd party device. TRUE standalone ability would mean I could utilize the wheel itself to play music. Actaully, onboard memory card to UPLOAD to wheel storage, is standalone. I would accept a small usb thumb drive tho, and overlook that its not TRULY standalone... Seems feasible that they could incorporate a menu on that 'magic screen' to facility reading from a usb and playing to the speakers. My cheap crap mp3 player even reads album art, mp3 tags and folder structure. I mean hell, they already have MAXIMUM JOY lighting ring. How about some uber maximum happiness player screen?

A small micro usb slot for a music media player is an awesome idea. 128gb stick is like 20$ and could hold more than enough music for a few days riding. Love this idea for future wheels 👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

A small micro usb slot for a music media player is an awesome idea. 128gb stick is like 20$ and could hold more than enough music for a few days riding. Love this idea for future wheels 👍

WIth that kind of room, my ENTIRE CD collection in full .wav could fit. I think KS has some kind of way (or did) to play from a usb drive. Of course I never bothered as lack of controls w/o 3rd party made it somewhat moot. It would be VERY nice if someone did install an sdxc slot. You could put an adapter to turn it into micro, much easier than other way around. Micro is so darn small. At any rate, using the screen to have a double tap or long press to mute instantly, would be a NEED. I really hate pulling up on people with loud music and fumbling to mute it as to not intrude.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

So would you stop and turn your music down at traffic lights or when riding through residential districts? Having no immediate way to turn the music down would just piss people off. You live in the countryside where no-one else can hear your music but these wheels are largely marketed as urban transport. In cities, no-one wants to listen to other people's music. Personally I'd prefer they stop putting speakers on wheels. 

I don't mind speakers on wheels, but I am with you. I never use them to play music while I ride. Especially riding around other people.

I have used my speakers on rare occasions when I am hanging out in a park or somewhere with my friends where we wanted some music to listen to and my wheel happened to be with me. 

So it is somewhat of a welcomed feature for me.

I think the ability to use avas in eucworld is kind of cool too

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

So would you stop and turn your music down at traffic lights or when riding through residential districts? Having no immediate way to turn the music down would just piss people off. You live in the countryside where no-one else can hear your music but these wheels are largely marketed as urban transport. In cities, no-one wants to listen to other people's music. Personally I'd prefer they stop putting speakers on wheels. 

Blasting out music is ugly, but I like to have an AVAS to notify people to my otherwise silent movement. If that has been built in, that would be nice. 

Unfortunately, the one person who can give us any idea, @evX_Mick is mysteriously "banned" from commenting on these good forum anymore. So I guess we are just left with our hands in our pants and no hope. :blink1::rolleyes::roflmao:

12 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

Unfortunately, the one person who can give us any idea, @evX_Mick is mysteriously "banned" from commenting on these good forum anymore. So I guess we are just left with our hands in our pants and no hope. :blink1::rolleyes::roflmao:

When did he get banned?  He just posted a few days ago (Wednesday at 11:48 PM

1 hour ago, NickNonsense said:

So we into May now and still nothing. 😂 

Nonono, they mean the Inmotion calendar!

Today is April 31st.

Tomorrow is April 32nd.

Etc.;)

Give them time. Sooner or later it will be there, and be a very nice wheel by the looks of it.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Cities are loud and 'residential' areas inside cities dont get a free pass. Y Even so: Yes, i typically turn down my vehicle music if its blaring loudly  and I pull up to a light or am in a spot where it seems a nuisance. I keep a mute button handy even when I ride in the country. My droid has eucw AND mute on the stationary screen I use. I think the discussion of speaker or not is a moot point, as they are already fairly common. Its also much easier to simply not use speakers, than want to use some that arent installed.

My suggestion included specifically a means to long press or double press the screen for immediate mute ;) I mentioned it twice actually. Should they stop putting speakers in vehicles too? Fwiw, I typically drive with music quiet to hear traffic(i dont like a/c, windows down for me) and half my vehicles dont have a radio. Inmo alread put FOUR speakers on the wheel. It seems like having a easily mutable player would be BETTER than the current situation of expecting you to carry a phone and locate a mute button.  Some riders claim that music from the wheel IS a safety feature and enables them to be located and heard. I've no opinion of that however.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2