Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone on Telegram posted a link to InMotion store on Aliexpress, so prince US $2,299 (or about 1900€)   More of product description here:    

I have final prodiction model. Should i do video about it?

Unpopular opinion but Sherman is overrated and over-hyped here on the forum anyway, so many people who never even seen one in reality is praising it, we should really stop comparing so much to it.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, evX_Mick said:

what feed is this?

I feel like that is Twitter. I think I saw that same screen posted on telegram channel 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, evX_Mick said:

So I am a marketing expoert so this is why this is all so laughable. If this wan't a Chinese company it would be embarassing. But it's allfunny that sfter all this time us trusted westerners have done a great job keeping the lid on things. But irony of ironies, IM were the ones to leak their own info lol. I made a video to sort of put pressure on them to speed up the launch, but NOT the product development. 

But I feel better after making that funny video. 

I agree that yeah the leaks are out, and we all kind of know what they've yet to announce, making it effectively spoiled. That's completely valid.

As much as I want to learn about this wheel and place a deposit for it, I want Inmotion to do it at the pace they want. Because it's their business, their product, and their money on the line. I would guess Inmotion initially wanted to reach out to you, a US/western based content creator, to try to 1) be inclusive/relatable to a foreign market, 2) product test their wheel so it can be better at launch.

You denouncing them publicly is undermining their original good intentions. If I was Inmotion, I'd be hesitant to try including another influencer for their next wheel cause this time around it's blowing up in their face. Even if everything you say is true, and even if Inmotion themselves know it's true, maintaining future relations requires diplomacy. I think even at this point @evX_Mick you'd agree you're not being diplomatic by twisting their arm. Seems to me at this point you're hurting more than helping. Perhaps it's worthwhile to reconsider how you're approaching this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Denny Paul said:

I agree that yeah the leaks are out, and we all kind of know what they've yet to announce, making it effectively spoiled. That's completely valid.

As much as I want to learn about this wheel and place a deposit for it, I want Inmotion to do it at the pace they want. Because it's their business, their product, and their money on the line. I would guess Inmotion initially wanted to reach out to you, a US/western based content creator, to try to 1) be inclusive/relatable to a foreign market, 2) product test their wheel so it can be better at launch.

You denouncing them publicly is undermining their original good intentions. If I was Inmotion, I'd be hesitant to try including another influencer for their next wheel cause this time around it's blowing up in their face. Even if everything you say is true, and even if Inmotion themselves know it's true, maintaining future relations requires diplomacy. I think even at this point @evX_Mick you'd agree you're not being diplomatic by twisting their arm. Seems to me at this point you're hurting more than helping. Perhaps it's worthwhile to reconsider how you're approaching this.

ahaha

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Denny Paul said:

I agree that yeah the leaks are out, and we all kind of know what they've yet to announce, making it effectively spoiled. That's completely valid.

As much as I want to learn about this wheel and place a deposit for it, I want Inmotion to do it at the pace they want. Because it's their business, their product, and their money on the line. I would guess Inmotion initially wanted to reach out to you, a US/western based content creator, to try to 1) be inclusive/relatable to a foreign market, 2) product test their wheel so it can be better at launch.

You denouncing them publicly is undermining their original good intentions. If I was Inmotion, I'd be hesitant to try including another influencer for their next wheel cause this time around it's blowing up in their face. Even if everything you say is true, and even if Inmotion themselves know it's true, maintaining future relations requires diplomacy. I think even at this point @evX_Mick you'd agree you're not being diplomatic by twisting their arm. Seems to me at this point you're hurting more than helping. Perhaps it's worthwhile to reconsider how you're approaching this.

Firstly, this is kind of a weird take IMO. My interpretation of @evX_Mick video is that he's trying to help salvage the whole leak situation (which Inmotion themselves caused) and to maintain the positive hype around this highly anticipated wheel.

Secondly, would you really want to follow an influencer if all they do is "say yes" to the brand/product of discussion?

Lastly, instead of saying "it's worthwhile to reconsider how you're approaching", perhaps offer a suggestion on how he should of approached it? Unless inmotion has another trick up their sleeve, a presentation from them that only acts as a confirmation of all the leaks will be underwhelming.

On the topic of leaks, Apple airtags, refreshed iMacs and the "mini LED" ipad pro were all leaked months ahead of their presentation. But still, no one expected the M1 chip, the 2 terabytes of storage, and thunderbolt/usb4 to be fully integrated into the new iPad Pro. Those alone made the whole presentation worthwhile. So again, unless inmotion has some something equivalent that is yet to be revealed, they should really just add hype on top of the leaks by releasing/allowing more content to be published IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@evX_Mick you can probably suggest that they speed up the launch event and use your videos as "the information that had not been leaked yet", to make it a proper announcement / reveal. 

And straight away you can then have the videos live. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jean eRide.ie Community said:

@evX_Mick you can probably suggest that they speed up the launch event and use your videos as "the information that had not been leaked yet", to make it a proper announcement / reveal. 

And straight away you can then have the videos live. 

 

Thats literally what i said in my video lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jon Stern said:

My company's products seem to always get leaked in the weeks leading up to the official launch. Sometimes it's likely someone at one of our component sub-suppliers. Sometimes it's probably someone at the main factory. Other times it's one of our influencers accidently posting material with our product in the shot. Then there are FCC leaks, where people scrutinize the filing to infer things from the menu system.

Each time. we stick to the plan and maintain the embargo. Firstly, for a mass market product, there's only a certain type of plugged-in customer that even notices the leaks (I suspect that portion is higher for EUCs). Secondly, if allowed reviews to go out whenever there's a leak, it would likely encourage people to leak. It would also create the problem that the reviews would be live before we were accepting orders. That would create confusion, lead to frustration, and cost us sales.

Your company sounds great! But I'm willing to bet you get the same salary whether the product leaks or doesnt leak. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @evX_Mick, I just noticed the addition of the MCM5v2 to your budding stable. OT request here but will we being seeing a vid on it anytime soon? Asking cos its my fav "slow" wheel. Handling is soo good it's telepathic & I love how light it is & how little effort (&easy) it is to ride. Plus it seemingly climbs & climbs & climbs. Fun 's heck IMO.

Most underrated cheap wheel in existence so it would be nice for it to gain some recognition from you (or not if you think its trash).

Ok now back to regular scheduled programming.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

I don’t lose salary if our products leak, no. There are a lot of YouTubers who post unboxing videos, reviews, tips, and comparison videos for our products (including several who will get hundreds of thousands, or even over a million views). They still seem to get those hits if the specs are well known, as people are more interested in how the product is to use, and how it really performs than what’s on paper and shown in our launch videos.

I think it’s the same for EUCs. People are interested in the specs, for sure, but they are more interested in a trusted reviewer’s opinion on how the wheel rides, what quirks it has, and what the real performance is (not the inflated marketing claims).

People interested in the V12 are going to watch your video, even with these leaks.

sadly the metrics are more complex than this. I'm quite famailar with how they work on my channel and the unkowns/mystique of wheels drive massive attention. Now that its all known, its deflated. But every EUC enthisiast that makes videos is in a special category since these devices are very niche/unknown. The audeince base isnt there like other tech such as an apple product. But hopefully one day this will change. TBH doing reviews arent really why I started YT. After this series I'll be doing different kind of EV content if I keep the channel alive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, evX_Mick said:

sadly the metrics are more complex than this. I'm quite famailar with how they work on my channel and the unkowns/mystique of wheels drive massive attention. Now that its all known, its deflated. But every EUC enthisiast that makes videos is in a special category since these devices are very niche/unknown. The audeince base isnt there like other tech such as an apple product. But hopefully one day this will change. TBH doing reviews arent really why I started YT. After this series I'll be doing different kind of EV content if I keep the channel alive. 

I can attest to the mystique driving crazy traffic. The biggest video on my youtube channel was just a low quality rambling about a render of a wheel picture and a french facebook post. I had no idea it would gain so much traction but apparently the people are THRISTY for the hot new thing. Some of the sizzle is certainly subsiding around the v12 now that we have most of the details and even a rough price. 

Im sure they will still do great though, i know i will be watching most of the videos that get put out. I cant wait to see the v12 actually in action under someones feet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scottie888 said:

Hey @evX_Mick, I just noticed the addition of the MCM5v2 to your budding stable. OT request here but will we being seeing a vid on it anytime soon? Asking cos its my fav "slow" wheel. Handling is soo good it's telepathic & I love how light it is & how little effort (&easy) it is to ride. Plus it seemingly climbs & climbs & climbs. Fun 's heck IMO.

Most underrated cheap wheel in existence so it would be nice for it to gain some recognition from you (or not if you think its trash).

Ok now back to regular scheduled programming.... 

I dig the MCM5 but I wont be doing a review. ut you may see it show up in vlogs in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, evX_Mick said:

Thats literally what i said in my video lol. 

I saw that, but I understood it in a different way (wrong way;)), as, releasing all videos, and then later they can show the videos, which people have already seen, on the launch event. 

Edited by Jean eRide.ie Community
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...