INMOTION V12 (pre-release)

Inmotion Global

44 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

I rode my acm2 from newport beach, down the santa ana river trail all the way to old town orange and back against the wind for a round trip of 32 miles and still had ~20% battery life left at a stop.

The idea that 32ish usable miles is considered mid range is both absolutely insane and totally cool at the same time

When I first started riding I thought "oh I'll never ride that many miles in one go", and now it's pretty easy as long as my feet don't get sore.

The paradox is as you start to ride faster that range also passes faster. 30 miles at 15 mph is a 3 hour journey most likely , at 30 mph is barely over an hour 

On 4/16/2021 at 6:01 PM, evX_Mick said:

its got it all. Just you wait.

Hey Mick! Thanks for your feedback and input on some clarifications on the V12.
We're all (at least me) waiting anxiously for more real details from you and others to share with us until Inmotion finally does their official unveiling.

When you say "its got it all", can you be a little more specific? & also, what are some things you wish Inmotion put into it that you pushed for but they didn't?

I hope you can answer these questions, fingers crossed ;)

Thanks in advance!

IG: mo_euc

10 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Keep it positive guys. The wheel will be there, whether in April or later. I'd rather have Inmotion not unnecessarily rush things. And at least IM is trying their best to be communicative, unlike others.

Agreed on this.  New wheels have a bad enough reputation already.  Would rather see IM take the time to work out all those kinks & production issues to deliver a reliable product.

• Like 2

I think the V12 is the best bet in some time to make a functional 1st batch new wheel. But I admit the last years wheels from any brand are not good track records for any EUC.

41 minutes ago, Chaotropic said:

We want the wheel, but we can wait for that. We can’t wait for the videos... that have already been made!!!!

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Keep it positive guys. The wheel will be there, whether in April or later. I'd rather have Inmotion not unnecessarily rush things. And at least IM is trying their best to be communicative, unlike others.

The videos about the wheel have already been made 🤷‍♂️. That's what we are asking for is information. Most of us gear already know that stated delivery date and actually delivery date will not be correct.

Will there be a hidden compartment for an Apple airtag to be installed? Nows the time to add that.

also, no gopro mount yet? Come on!

Edited by Kekafuch

10 minutes ago, Kekafuch said:

Will there be a hidden compartment for an Apple airtag to be installed? Nows the time to add that.

do you often forget where your wheel is and have trouble finding it?

of note, the airtag can’t be used for theft prevention. it’s designed not to be used to track an object without the person with said object knowing. 

3 hours ago, shellac said:

do you often forget where your wheel is and have trouble finding it?

of note, the airtag can’t be used for theft prevention. it’s designed not to be used to track an object without the person with said object knowing. 

Still prevention if the perp is getting notified that something near him is being tracked. Also if the airtag ecosystem works as advertised, Will be able to ping it and at least see its location. 

On 4/1/2021 at 9:05 PM, Kamikaze_K said:

Yep.  I second that.  Wise words.  I held off on the V11 till a later batch (Batch 3) and held off on the Sherman till now.  Never a guarantee that things will be perfect and fault free but you minimise this by letting product get their kinks out first.  Yes we all want things we want now now now and it's a hard lesson to learn but when it comes to EUCs it's more important not to immediately jump onboard. 

Thanks for reinforcing that point.  I still admit,  i want more speed and it will be extremely hard to resist clicking the buy button on launch day.   They say a hard head makes a soft @$$.

Edited by ChiWestSider

7 hours ago, Kekafuch said:

also, no gopro mount yet? Come on!

Just buy a Tile Bluetooth tracker. The Tile Sticker has a sticky pad on the back. Seeing as Apple's just ripping these guys off, it's the moral choice.

I agree with the need for a built in GoPro mount, but maybe there's space for a stick on quick release mount?

2 hours ago, Duke EUCem said:

Does anyone have the price that the v12 will retail at? Not looking like a 3k wheel from the promos to me but looks very nice.  

I thought it was quoted at $2300 USD. I could be wrong, would not be the first time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

Just buy a Tile Bluetooth tracker. The Tile Sticker has a sticky pad on the back. Seeing as Apple's just ripping these guys off, it's the moral choice.

How will the bluetooth tracker help me to find the wheel from half a city away? AirTags, due to full integration in iPhones and the Find My system, can ping their location without the need for a build-in gps and SIM card. Random Apple devices walking nearby are enough. While (AFAIK) Tile requires you to be in BT range.

1 hour ago, Zopper said:

How will the bluetooth tracker help me to find the wheel from half a city away? AirTags, due to full integration in iPhones and the Find My system, can ping their location without the need for a build-in gps and SIM card. Random Apple devices walking nearby are enough. While (AFAIK) Tile requires you to be in BT range.

Because if you report it as lost, it will alert you when it gets within range of anyone with a Tile app open on their phone. Maybe you don't have that many Tile owners where you are, but here in the SF Bay Area, you're probably not very far from other owners.

37 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

Because if you report it as lost, it will alert you when it gets within range of anyone with a Tile app open on their phone. Maybe you don't have that many Tile owners where you are, but here in the SF Bay Area, you're probably not very far from other owners.

That will be it. I can bet that a lot of people will walk around with an iPhone, but I never even heard about Tile until today. And I'm in the IT geek social bubble. Plus, I like that if the thief has an iPhone, they will be notified that the wheel has a tracker inside. 

EDIT: I mean Tile specifically. I know about these BT trackers, but as they aren't widely used here, they are limited to "ok, the keys are somewhere in my flat... play a sound." Not really useful for a wheel or for my mum, who tends to lose keys on the street. :D 

Edited by Zopper

16 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

Heard from a friend of a friend that eWheels is maybe taking preorders for the v12? I think you’d have to email em. Just sharing what I heard through the grapevine. 

I saw one guy state in a video that he has one preordered from Ewheels.

• Like 1