INMOTION V12 (pre-release)

Inmotion Global

One trend I've noticed is that most IM wheels look better in person than their renders--not sure if it's the particular design(s) of their wheels or something about the style/way they happen to generate their renders. Conversely the two best-looking renders, the Z10 and S18, actually look slightly less good in-person--not that they look bad in person at all/they still look great, but their renders definitely make them look better compared to IM's which tend to look worse. The V11 was the perfect example of this--the renders for the V11 looked a little weird, yet it looks absolutely fantastic in-person, really right at home right beside the Z10, which many people wouldn't have guessed from the renders alone.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, evX_Mick said:

i have an entire 8 part series coming. Relaaaaaax! Youre just mad you had to delay your gratification lol. But that teaser video was fire!

Oh no...don't being FIRE into this :roflmao:. Love your videos, can't wait to watch the series! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, evX_Mick said:

i have an entire 8 part series coming. Relaaaaaax! Youre just mad you had to delay your gratification lol. But that teaser video was fire!

8 parts???

it's still just an EUC right or does it make coffee as well?

Do you have a date when you're allowed to release some actual information?

• Like 2

This wheel does absolutely nothing for me. The only distinct feature this wheel offers is being the heaviest 1800 (1750)Wh 16 incher on the market, when there is the lighter RS, Nikola, and a Veteran Sherman that comes in 12 lbs heavier for nearly double the battery and bigger motor/tire. 

Seeing how IM is handling the V11 bearing issues is troubling to say the least, considering the V12 has the same style motor. 

I’d steer very clear of this wheel at all costs. 

Say what you want about Gotway selling wheels with cracker jack toy quality, they attempt to fix (and mostly succeed) major issues, not sweep them under the rug like IM did. 

It sounds like people WANT IM to succeed with this wheel and that’s a fair point. However, I just want to point out IM history of sweeping critical issues under the rug and leaving vendors and users holding the bag. 

My understanding was the V12 was hollow bore, if it is not, my mistake.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

It sounds like people WANT IM to succeed with this wheel and that’s a fair point. However, I just want to point out IM history of sweeping critical issues under the rug and leaving vendors and users holding the bag. 

My understanding was the V12 was hollow bore, if it is not, my mistake.  

yeah its not hollow.

• Like 3

Just now, gon2fast said:

blah blah blah LOL. IM, EVX or whoever needs to release some information since IM said the V12 is supposed to be a April release. 

8 part series... pitter patter! 

Edited by gon2fast

news on V12 pricing: ecodrift listed V12 for preorder at 200k₽ (incl. tax), which is 2626$ or 2240€. That is on par with Sherman (205k₽) and EX (200k₽) (both are 10-15% discounted right now). I hope there is serious innovation and/or impeccable build quality in the V12 to justify top pricing or that this is preliminary and will drop later. US and EU prices could be even higher I am afraid. The only specs disclosed on the preorder page are 1750wh, 100V and 70kmh top speed.

• Like 2

Ouch

I almost never go faster than maybe 16mph so the top speed of the V12 would be wasted on me. For 1.000€ extra I can build one hell of an external backup battery for my V10F.

At that price it would be a tough sell for sure. I guess let's see what it comes in at when official release comes out.

Also curious to see if there are any other features we don't fully know about yet.

• Like 1

Dovish Fed even after unprecedented money printing here at home and 10 year yields spiking, global chip and commodity shortage amidst a push to electrify the world's infrastructure, and relocation of manufacturing either back home or to countries like Vietnam, Cambodia and India due to both political tension with and rising labor costs in China. 

Writing was on the wall that macro-economic trends will make wheels more expensive in general going forward. I just didn't expect it this soon.

On the bright side, the most expensive EUC still doesn't hold a candle to the most expensive electric skateboard at $6350 (https://www.kaly.nyc/product-page/xl-r).

Also the Ever Given just got freed and is no longer clogging up the Suez Canal. Yay!

• Like 1

(EcoDrift translated to English)

Specificatios:
70kph = 43.5 MPH
1,750 Watt*Hours, 100 Volts

Price: RUB 200,000 = ~$2,640 USD (converted, not a U.S. selling price) -> ~$3,125 USD
(Sherman Comparison: RUB 204,900 = ~@2,700 USD, so the U.S. can expect the V12 to cost ~$3,125)
(Sherman: 20" wheel, 100V, 3,200Wh, 2,500W motor, 45 MPH, 128 mile range, 77lbs (35kg), $3,200)
(V12: 18" wheel, 100V, ~2,500W motor
(expected), 1,750Wh, 44MPH, ~70 mile range (113km), 64lbs (29kg))

photo-2021-03-19-15-47-33.jpg

Edited by WI_Hedgehog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, yoos said:

news on V12 pricing: ecodrift listed V12 for preorder at 200k₽ (incl. tax), which is 2626$ or 2240€.

That's me out then and we're not even at episode 2 of Mick's advertising series :( 

I'd of thought if you're bring in a competitor to the Nikola+ then it would be wise to at least match the price. The wheel looks fairly decent in the photo above but why would I want to pay that much for a wheel that goes way faster then I'd ever want to go? And why would those obsessed with speed want to buy a wheel that goes slower than the Sherman? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike_bike_kite said:

That's me out then and we're not even at episode 2 of Mick's advertising series :( 

I'd of thought if you're bring in a competitor to the Nikola+ then it would be wise to at least match the price. The wheel looks fairly decent in the photo above but why would I want to pay that much for a wheel that goes way faster then I'd ever want to go? And why would those obsessed with speed want to buy a wheel that goes slower than the Sherman? 

Maybe it comes with accessories like spiked pedal inserts, power pads, seat, grocery cart, smart watch, adjustable pedal height, certified fast charging capability in 15 mins to 80% ... 

The V12 likely has some surprises in firmware for driver profiles that can be felt. Maybe braking and traction controls. If they really put an effort on robustness and durability, even $5000 is not unheard for something this “capable.” 

End of the day, battery consortium has transport industry cornered. Add the tech companies and prices aren’t going down but likely to increase. 

• Like 1