INMOTION V12 (pre-release)

Inmotion Global

On 3/21/2021 at 10:17 PM, mrelwood said:

Comparing the top speeds this way paint an understandable but a rather misleading picture. You are comparing the top speed of a EUC limited by software to an EUC with no top speed limit.

EUCs that have a top speed limited by software, do so in order to force enough speed buffer, and as such varies between each wheel model. ... “Top speed of a GW” is an irrelevant number without also determining the amount of buffer one is taking into account.

While the no load speed is not at all a straightforward comparison either, it might be closer to reality in this case. The V11 is a 50/55 km/h wheel. 84V MSX is clearly faster, as it is not limited by software. If you think that the MSX is much safer for riding at 45km/h, I think you may be mistaken. The no-load speeds are pretty identical.

Agree 100% with this part.

Even the most die-hard Gotway fanboys would tell you if you want/expect to regularly ride over ~30 mph, the 84v offerings even from Gotway were not an adequate choice and you really need to get a 100v wheel, period. What speeds one company will let you maybe hit by forgoing reasonable safety margins (and if you weigh 100lbs on perfect ground with a tailwind, etc..), or what speeds a wheel might be able to maybe hit at 100% battery but already cannot safely do at only 90% or 80%, are not really relevant to classifying the general capabilities of a class of hardware as a product/usable means of transportation (versus as party tricks only some people can do for only a few minutes after charging). At the end of the day, 84v wheels are sub-30-mph means of transportation.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

The touchscreen looks more than adequate.

It was you that wanted us to talk specifically about the product and the above video (the one of the screen not the seal) shows the hand taking about 3 presses or swipes before anything happens. That's not particularly responsive in my book but, as you say, how often would you really use it? I think I'd still prefer something simpler that just showed a single large number and you choose whether it shows speed, range left, battery percentage etc. 

Edited by mike_bike_kite
  • Like 1

I can understand incorporating new tech to a new wheel & all plus its always a YMMV typa thing but I really don't see the point of having a touchscreen on any wheel when I easily yank out the phone & do everything. Why have another point of possible failure when its seems superfluous.

IIRC the Sherm only had the screen controls primarily because they never came with an app nor BT pairing with apps when it was launched so I get that. But even then, hasn't it become somewhat problematic as well? Not only must it be waterproof, it must also be winter proof as some of us live in the snow belt & like to ride even at 20c below.

Can I trade the touchscreen for a large dummyproof led readout of speed & voltage at a locale where I can easily read it while riding instead?

• Like 1

I personally am looking forward to the touchscreen. I want the wheel to be more independent from my phone. Its features should be able to be changed when I didn't bring my phone or by the rider who borrows it. As for comparing to buttons, I feel the touchscreen allows informational and functional changes to be made throughout the wheels operational lifetime easier simply by updating the app/firmware. Inmotion seems to response to customers requests and feedback much more in the EUC market, so I feel an app update on the wheel has higher chance of happening comparing to if a different company made it. From that leaked video the screen does seems not as responsive as my phone that costs hundreds of dollars. But as others have pointed out, It will only really be used when I am off the wheel at a standstill, interacting with it in a very limited times. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, /Dev/Null said:

Is it ths same for cars?

The fastest legal speed in my state is 70mph = 112km/h but my car (stock) can do 240km/h.  You aren't in violation unless the you are actually exceeing 70mph.  Likewise my motorcle hits about 100km/h in 1st gear.  I often drive around the highways in Chicago where the max limit is 88km/h

That is your area and country. But in many places it is the construction possibility must not be higher than a certain value. E.g. Sweden is 20kmh for EUCs. They made it this way so they don't get into arguments what speed you were actually ridding. This way it is much easier to enforce should they choose to. So far is you behaving I have not yet gotten into trouble. But it can change very fast if people do not understand their impact of their behaviour. Since we don't have a licence for EUCs all get targeted as a grouo. Where as cars or mc can loose their individual right to drive a certain or all type of vehicles. 

Fair or not that is how the law works. 

• Like 1

I assume when everyone is talking about a 16" wheel on the V12 we are talking a smaller rim with a 3" tire so it ends up at around 16"....or are we talking about a 16" rim with a 3" tire which would be a much bigger overall diameter? :blink1:

27 minutes ago, VikB said:

talking a smaller rim with a 3" tire so it ends up at around 16"

Historically EUC manufacturers have quoted the outside tire diameter for "size" in order to make the wheel appear to be "bigger".  Unless IM is breaking tradition I would expect a much smaller rim than 16".

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, evX_Mick said:

This wheel was very much inspired by H.R. Geiger and behind the scenes I suggested we rename it the Bishop.

Great, unbox and directly to the shower...

H.R.Giger.thumb.jpg.0ded4c5419fcc9897eded4887af2d265.jpg

Other than that I'm looking forward to seeing the new wheel.

Edited by WI_Hedgehog

On 3/23/2021 at 10:45 AM, VikB said:

I assume when everyone is talking about a 16" wheel on the V12 we are talking a smaller rim with a 3" tire so it ends up at around 16"....or are we talking about a 16" rim with a 3" tire which would be a much bigger overall diameter? :blink1:

the former

• Like 1

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

:efee78d764:

We need to crowdfund a few private investigators to tail all the EUC influencers 24/7, just in case;) 3 months!

Lol i could totally see it playing out like an old detective movie. Staking out the house, wire tapping the phones, listening in on video recordings , tailing them around the city . Gotta get that inside scoop at all costs!! 

11 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Lol i could totally see it playing out like an old detective movie. Staking out the house, wire tapping the phones, listening in on video recordings , tailing them around the city . Gotta get that inside scoop at all costs!! 

I'm sure Micky would prefer if people didn't start stalking him

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Silver said:

I'm sure Micky would prefer if people didn't start stalking him

Or maybe he would. Different strokes...🤫

Nevertheless Inmotion sure has learnt a thing or 2 marketing hype 101 from the Auto industry. GW/BG straight lays it out & while IM teases🤔

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

Ha, I’m sure everyone remembers Inmotion’s release of the V10, they stretched it out over a week with countdowns and showing us just close-ups of different parts of the wheel... then finally revealing it.  The hype quickly became annoying, and came across as immature.

There is a fine line between a fun product launch with teasers and one that drags on and pisses you off. 

Edited by VikB
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

Like using petroleum jelly for bearing grease, chubuduo.

Is this article some kind of sick twisted Joke? If not, I am simply astounded, disappointed and dumbfounded at the mere idea of 'good enough' in manufacturing. Obviously 'good enough' is an opinion. Specs and opinions are like oil and water. SImply ludicrous.... why even bother with math at all, just eyeball it.. Why buy quality equipment, when you could just use a hammer and call it 'chubuduo'? I can say, THIS IS NOT how its done in USA, Brittain, Germany, Poland, New Zealand, Canada, Austrailia and many others... Time is too valuable to waste on risk of 'good enough' not being acceptable. Accountability ups the stakes too!  Do it right, do it once, do it with pride! Saving face means not pushing crap when you are capable of greatness. Rediculous to have to kiss the ass of someone you are paying to do a job. Get over yourself people, damn! It's either within specification or it isnt. Manufacturing something outside of specs is simply a failure. I fail all the time. I also refuse to baby myself and call it chubuduo. Second place is first loser..... just ask Ricky Bobby!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

It is not a joke, it is a way of life I have regularly written about on this and other forums and explained many ways (and posted many different links as reference).

(The song is Mr. Almost. Turn on Closed-Captions and Settings - Translate)

Edited by WI_Hedgehog
  • Like 1