INMOTION V12 (pre-release)

Inmotion Global

Nikola and 16X are old (and the latter is slow), and now Inmotion has a competitor which they didn't have before. Seems logical to me. The only way this can go wrong is if the price is too high imho.

They already have a 18/19 inch wheel, the V11. Why would they build another? As a more performance/extreme alternative to the commuter V11?

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Active cooling ala Tesla Car.

For what? It has a fan already (presumably). Or do you mean for the battery? In that case: f**k no!! We don't need unnecessarily complicated stufff. Passive cooling would be ideal, no fan noise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

4. Idleing fanning, since many issues are caused by post-ride, wind doesn’t seep into the body and cool the FETs since no riding.

Actually, even V10 does that. The first time it happened, when I turned it off and it kept whining, made me WTF. :D

And about the display - I don't see anywhere officially mentioned if it is capacitive. It's "touch screen." So it could be resistive touch screen. Which would mean no issues with water, gloves, etc. OTH, it would be more susceptible to damage, because resistive displays can't have a hard, protective glass on top.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WaveCut said:

DC2C9434-8CF5-437E-93A1-7471659FD104.jpeg

Two different drive modes: Commuting and Off-road

I wonder what the differences are?

My guess would be that Commuting offers a higher top-speed (70 km/h) due to assumed air-flow for cooling the heat-sinks. Off-road might imply lower-speed high-torque requirements, so they might limit the top speed (60 km/h) to account for the reduced air-flow heat dissipation - maybe the fan kicks in sooner too?

35 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

The issue for Inmotion is that the Nikola offers almost everything that this wheel offers and that limits what they can charge. Sure, the Inmotion may well be well built but so is the Nikola. The Inmotion might be a few mph faster but there aren't many who can full use the speed on the 100v Nikola let alone this wheel. How much extra would you pay for a better tail light and an inbuilt stand? The Nik also has the cool glowing number on the side ;) 

Active cooling can be pretty simple - you just need a tube running through each battery then you blow air through it. The same air could be used to cool the mosphets etc. The "idle fanning" seems like a good idea especially if linked to an alarm that warned you that your house might about to go up in flames.

Maybe it's just me but the V12 just looks like a wasted opportunity to me.

This is kind of where i am at as well right now.. but to me its worth the wait to see if v12 has anything kind of hidden up its sleeve.. I just hope these things like screen and headlight stuff isnt just a trojan horse to charge 3k for a 2k wheel. 

57 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Nikola and 16X are old (and the latter is slow), and now Inmotion has a competitor which they didn't have before. Seems logical to me. The only way this can go wrong is if the price is too high imho.

The nikola and 16x may be old.. but you can buy a speced out nikola+ right now with bigger battery and pretty close to the same top speed.. So old or not.. its still very samey feeling.. minus the screen and some other caveats. 

16x while its old and some may consider it slow.. its still a pretty awesome range wheel for urban exploring/commuting.. I have a 16x, i love it.. but i am ready for something with some more headroom for sure.. The range on that wheel though will always be something that stops me from jumping the gun.. 

Edited by jimjam.nyc

4 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

automatic "smart" headlight is an industry first

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just a kingsong type light sensor when the light turns on and off? If you look at the picture closely, you can actually see that not all 4 are lights, on one side those look like light sensors.

• Like 2

i just hope if you want this thing.. you don't have to wait 18 months to get it .. just to find out the v13 is coming next week lol.

or you are lucky enough to get it.. then a rev2 is coming with much needed fixes.. 

That cycle of craziness has to stop. If i bought a v11 right now.. I would be a little annoyed with the cycle of release and availability right now. 

and yes i know they are two different segments of markets for wheels.. but still, they kept what v12 was kind of secret.. people may have jumped on v11 just to find out the v12 was more their speed.. (no pun) 

Just now, Ádám Szitás said:

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just a kingsong type light sensor when the light turns on and off? If you look at the picture closely, you can actually see that not all 4 are lights, on one side those look like light sensors.

It says it will adjust according to speed, which i interpreted as meaning it will elevate its angle as you increase speeds so as to illuminate more of the area infront of you. Its a problem on the v11 , if you go even 15 mph the light just buries into the ground and you can hardly see 10 feet infront of you. We need testers to actually confirm that the headlight does what i think it does but that is how i read the light functioning

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

It says it will adjust according to speed, which i interpreted as meaning it will elevate its angle as you increase speeds so as to illuminate more of the area infront of you. Its a problem on the v11 , if you go even 15 mph the light just buries into the ground and you can hardly see 10 feet infront of you. We need testers to actually confirm that the headlight does what i think it does but that is how i read the light functioning

yes, just like kingsong, if you go below 10kph it will not turn on the high beam and if you not moving the low beam will also get reduced, so it is based on speed, and based on ambient light if it turns on at all. I think this is exactly the same and not the way you think

Edited by Ádám Szitás

It doesn't matter whether it's an EUC, a phone, or a car. There is always something new "just behind the corner." If I were to buy V12, I would probably wait for early Spring 2022 - I probably got old because now I hate being early adopter.

The endless capitalist cycle. 
When it comes to buying euc there are 2 prevalent philosophies 

1. Most people on this forum: First mover mentality - Mo' newah = Mo' bettah - Mo' speed - Mo' features (that needs testing) etc. This results in this type of buyer essentially paying for the privilege of owning a beta tester wheel. Within a year or two this pool of testers will have provided enough feedback that revisions to the original beta tester wheel will have worked out a majority of bugs and issues. 

2. Minority on this forum: Revision v3-v5 movers who buy after 1-2 years of development and fixes - They get a product more similar to the original advertised wheel with 80-90% of issues having been addressed - reduced price and possibility for buying cheaper used versions (where many issues have been manually fixed by previous owner)  If more people joined this group in the long term it could potentially affect how much in-house testing is being done to increase the amounts of first movers.

21 minutes ago, Waulnut said:

Big reason I have my eyes on v12. If price is okay, I might offload my RS for peace of mind

I completely resonate with that line of thinking. If the V12 had turned out slightly different looking and with an Msuper/RS trolley handle and gotwayesque firmware (no pedal raising, and 80% beeps) i'd swap my RS over today and even pay the difference it if turns out more expensive that the RS. 

Going from Msuper v3 18" to Tesla v1 16" was a game changer for city commuting and going back to a 19" RS i felt like i gained a bunch of weight and lost a lot of agility... Nimbleness, i don't have the same minute accuracy i did with the 16" nor the immediate ability to precisely error correct. I still like this wheel but would much prefer having a 16" main euc and a sherman with hollow bore for longer trips. Oh and an mten3 for fun.

I'd also love for Gotway to make quality products and wish for an endless supply of money to fuel my hedonism but we all have to settle at some point... 

Any price speculation? I'm thinking somewhere between Nikola and RS price

Edited by xiiijojjo
  • Like 1