INMOTION V12 (pre-release)

Inmotion Global

6 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Manufacturers don't usually even announce no load speeds, and 70km/h is the advertized top speed in the user manual. Just like 50/55 for the V11. The figure could be bloated so that a GPS speedometer would show 65km/h or something, but no load speed it is not.

What is definitely new in the V12 is a top speed limited to 70km/h by the manufacturer (I assume the top speed tilt-back can't be removed) and an Integrated touch screen.

Also the water proof battery! I think thats an amazing innovation being brought to the euc space.  One of the major risk factors for battery fire is a short circuit and water damage. Not to mention they are the most expensive components by far. Nice to know if your wheel takes a quick dip a simple "cheap" control board swap could get you back on the road 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Flying W said:

I hope this wheel can take stress without over heating. Whether from a heavy rider or steep terrain. It seems the better protected the electronics are the harder it is to get rid of heat.

This could be a great commuting tool if it can be ridden in the rain and not have bearing problems. 

I don't dare take the rs out if it is even damp outside. Give me a wheel with decent range and a decent cruising speed that can be ridden in rain and I wouldn't care it was pink zebra print. 

I'm really pulling for this one to ride well, have good climbing ability and actually be friendly with moisture. 

I have the same "issue" with my RS. No bearing issues with over 900 miles of mostly pavement riding, but maybe my time is ticking down. Knock on wood. I suppose I have eWheels to provide support if bearing goes bad. 

Not sure if going high 30 mphs on a 16in wheel would feel good or safe if the road is bumpy. I'd like a 18/19in with all the safety feature of inmotion. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Flying W said:

I hope this wheel can take stress without over heating. Whether from a heavy rider or steep terrain. It seems the better protected the electronics are the harder it is to get rid of heat.

imo this is one of the more underrated qualities of a wheel - sustained climbing without overheating.  It would be my hope that this EUC has a lot of available torque, and is difficult to overheat

• Like 3

I honestly find it hard forming an opinion without knowing the price. I could forgive the looks if it was priced well. It's weird cause the V11 was a fairly stylish wheel and I was hoping to see something even more cyberpunk with the V12. Instead they seem to have been inspired by a cereal box but then sellotaped RS lighting to one end so you know it's the front. It's weird that in a country with 1.4 billion people that none seem to have a sense of aesthetics - Chinese art?  Chinese architecture? ... there's nothing.

• Like 1

woooah 100V! separate IPXX rating for wheel and BATTERY?! 

Also im...growing to like the exposed bottom of the wheel, looks like it's easier to pump the tyre and also...it almost looks like it wil lbe "easier" to remove the wheel and hub motor, judging from the removed casing, the circuit boards with removable plugs all along the bottom? looks modular! 

Ahhh!!! kinda getting excited...haha

• Like 3

Good upgrade from v10f but yeah, looks horrible. The V11 looks so much more refined and stylish... wished it looked like the v11 minus the suspension.

The touchscreen is cool but unless it has the responsiveness of modern smartphones, it is a bad addition. I think the responsiveness will be on par with Garmin’s touchscreen gps units. I prefer the physical buttons of the Sherman since you can punch in values while wearing gloves and provides nice feedback.

I’m not impressed. :(

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mango said:

Good upgrade from v10f but yeah, looks horrible. The V11 looks so much more refined and stylish... wished it looked like the v11 minus the suspension.

V11 is hollow-bore, V12 is not. I'm glad it's not the v11 minus the suspension.

8 hours ago, WaveCut said:

Leaked V12 photos and specs

Meh.

• Only gamechanger (to some i guess) would be the USB-C connector.. 
  • Well i guess IP ratings are always warmly welcomed and i hope to see more of it in the future.
  • I must say i like the placement of the monitor, it should not be susceptible to breaking from crashes as it does not actually reach the sides of the euc body. It is effectively tucked away and safe (or just theoretically safer than the veteran monitor)
  • That 4x led headlight might actually be very nice especially if each lens are slightly differently angled to account for the potential calibration the end user will most likely do at a certain point: 1 slightly angled up, 1 down, 1 left, 1 right or simply 2 up, 2 down
  • I guess it's not as hideous as the "egg" type shells but damn is it ugly
  • 2.3A charger is fine for a 100.8V wheel one can always get a fast charger for those extra busy days.

Overall more or less what i expected from Inmotion: A slow but steady progression towards what Gotway/veteran riders have had available for a good while now but hopefully executed a lot more professionally (Veteran are fine though).. If most of the stats are somewhat close to its actual real life stats i guess this is would enter my radar on what i define as mid tier wheel (Sherman, RS, EX, EXN, Monster Pro being the only high tier wheels in my book) 

So for me it's a meh but this is most welcomed in the eco system and i think it will fill and empty slot in the euc mid tier market also hopefully it will result in would-be Gotway buyers getting this instead. 

I realize i sometimes come off as a Gotway super fan but i actually hate them and wish for their imminent financial ruin. I don't mind waiting 1-2 years for Inmotion or others to catch up to Gotway/veteran stats as long as Gotway is burned down in a fire of their own making! And when that day eventually comes i just hope Veteran doesn't also hire the Gotway goop gun guy. For the sake of all of us he must be present during the fire.

V11 is hollow-bore, V12 is not. I'm glad it's not the v11 minus the suspension.

If this is not hollow bore how the HELL are they going to explain the fact that this thing weighs in at a whopping twnetyni*mid sentence snapping my own neck* TwEnTyNinE kG... 29 kg and no hollow bore.. Buy this wheel right now! It's the only rational thing to do as they are obviously artificially inflating its weight by embedding solid pure gold bars into it.

Edited by xiiijojjo
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks this doesn't look all that different than the v11? It has the same basic design minus the movable saddle. Sure there are some differences, but it looks quite the same to me. 

Water proofing is nice, But I would hardly call it innovation. It's just something that sort of should have been done already. Considering these are outdoor riding vehicles. IMO

Depending on price, this could wind up being a very popular wheel. 

I think 16in form factor is appealing to city folk.. especially if it performs like it states on paper, and is stable.

Wonder if there will be multiple battery size options.. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, WaveCut said:

Capacitive touch screen on top(no ride in the rain then 🤡)

I was thinking about that earlier. I used to have a touch screen Garmin watch and in rain it was pretty much useless with settings sometimes changing on their own.  I suspect while riding, the capacitive screen will lock out and not respond to any touch/rain/moisture, etc, otherwise it could potentially be dangerous.  It does look great though. It will be interesting to see how they implement it.

• Like 3

Weight and max speed makes this out of the question for my part. But as I'm more in the market for something new somewhere close to the V8F-V10F, that was already a given. So no complaints here. :)

Nice to see an Inmotion offering for that market segment. 29kg? It doesn't look as heavy or bulky as that makes it sound.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FullTilt said:

Mickey confirmed it's not hollow bore. Not sure where the extra weight comes from though. My guess is that it's still partly the new motor. Inmotion do their own motors in-house if I recall. If so, I'd give them a chance to demonstrate performance improvements before judging.

this is one of the reasons I want to support inmotion.. they kind of do their own thing a little.. also they are not just taking their hollow bore motor going fwd to all new wheels.. they are at least trying to fit things to what is needed.. 

I have been in the market for an upgrade.. but have been waiting due to hollow motorgate.. and battery firegate.. 

So i started eyeing the nikola + which to be fair is a great wheel.. but just trying to stay patient as i waited for what v12 was going to be. 

now seeing it, i am a bit happy i was able to wait a little.. Seeing they didnt just take v11 motor (as good as it is...) and slap it in a different wheel.. 

Looking at the gotway wheels.. they all look enticing.. but there was just enough kind of hanging over them to make me want to at least see what inmotion was bringing out with v12... Since the talk was it was going to be performance based.. 

• Like 1