INMOTION V12 (pre-release)

Inmotion Global

5 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I thought it said the pre-release wheel was limited at 60kmh which is not uncommon to have certain things limited in pre-release

Ah, I see. Thanks!

I understood the official top speed will be 60kph, but not yet confirmed (I guess due to embargo until 15 of May)

There is a possible "honest" explanation : 70kph if you are 1m65 & 50 kg (common in Asia) ; 60kph if you are 1m85 & 80kg as we most-likely are in the West.
A same exact wheel can claim 2 different top speed depending on the region it's sold, because average/typical rider are also different.

Globalization have it's limits....

On 5/11/2021 at 10:13 AM, FinRider said:

The list of features that really matter are imho probably (in no particular order):

• Safety
  • Aesthetics
  • Build Quality
  • Waterproofing
  • Mileage
  • Customization possibilities

I would like to add one VERY IMPORTANT thing on top of that list.

- Smart BMS (TOP OF LIST) with logging (over Wifi or Bluetooth of course)

- Quality charger (high on list) with profiling like the satiator and logging.

For us living in apartments (no garage) our wheels are fire hazards during charge and also during storage (if deep discharged) and to me that is what worries me the most, coming home to a burnt down apartment or waking up to fireworks.

Even Veteran has failed on versions of their chargers but luckily no fireworks (yet) but "only" an unridable vehicle. 

From what i heard the InMotion v13 will feature a smart BMS so I will probably wait for that one. Until then they will probably also reach higher speeds and ranges in a torqey wheel which of course is VERY IMPORTANT for most of us :-)

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Boogieman said:

I would like to add one VERY IMPORTANT thing on top of that list.

- Smart BMS (TOP OF LIST) with logging (over Wifi or Bluetooth of course)

- Quality charger (high on list) with profiling like the satiator and logging.

For us living in apartments (no garage) our wheels are fire hazards during charge and also during storage (if deep discharged) and to me that is what worries me the most, coming home to a burnt down apartment or waking up to fireworks.

Even Veteran has failed on versions of their chargers but luckily no fireworks (yet) but "only" an unridable vehicle. 

From what i heard the InMotion v13 will feature a smart BMS so I will probably wait for that one. Until then they will probably also reach higher speeds and ranges in a torqey wheel which of course is VERY IMPORTANT for most of us :-)

I thought V11 has smart BMS?

They said it can operate on one battery if the other fails. 

I haven't heard of any other wheel that can do that. 

They also said the v12 has three BMS. If that isnt overkill... I dunno what is. 

11 hours ago, onizukagto said:

I thought V11 has smart BMS?

They said it can operate on one battery if the other fails.

Calling a BMS “smart” doesn’t itself tell us much, as it’s not a very standardized term. The kind of smart BMS the community hopes for would have individual cell voltage monitoring. It’s now known that the Inmotion’s “smart BMS” doesn’t mean that on either the V11 or on the V12.

I’d maybe call it a “slightly smarter BMS” instead...

• Like 3

I learned from the purchase of the V11 after canceling the S18 that Ill let you first adopters work the kinks out and Ill buy later. 

This thread is now hilarious by the way lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AtlasP said:

Is there supposed to be an actual launch event like for the V11? If so, where/link?

No launch event today. Maybe tomorrow? But it is weird. Maybe some problem with the Inmotion PR team.

What do you all think can possibly go wrong with batch 1 production v12? Or just personal concerns. 

Just some of my own concerns: Low quality headlight, controller problems since it's their first 100v, poor functioning touch screen. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mep said:

No launch event today. Maybe tomorrow? But it is weird. Maybe some problem with the Inmotion PR team.

Liam resigned from Inmotion. Since then none have been able to step up into his role. That is why it is a bit chaotic with promotion/launch. 

• Like 3

On 5/14/2021 at 3:34 AM, mrelwood said:

Calling a BMS “smart” doesn’t itself tell us much, as it’s not a very standardized term. The kind of smart BMS the community hopes for would have individual cell voltage monitoring. It’s now known that the Inmotion’s “smart BMS” doesn’t mean that on either the V11 or on the V12.

I’d maybe call it a “slightly smarter BMS” instead...

Cant find the YT video where i read/heard it now (think i scoured through all videos including languages i dont know with CC), but as a reply wether they will implement (from my understanding) induvidual cell balancing (smart'er BMS) vs Todays pretty basic pack/group balancing, the reply was that they would not do it on v12, but was planning for it on v13.

I have strong hopes for inmotion to finally rid non tested China wheels. While still made in China (likely) I guess they will add a test in Europe (France im guessing?) at least for pre batch and first batches. I doubt they wilm test all after that but they will show Gotway (even Veteran) how products should be made and tested PRE sale. Sure China will copy and sell for cheap, but each to his own if we wanma sponsor the founder of the tech or the copier. :-)

the electric wheelbarrow might have been invented in China (but actually not, there are threads about how EUCs soblings started), but the safe product will likely be pushed by Western countries.

Not sure if this vid has been shared, but as allways this is the best tech walkthrough on things like settings LCD Light and so on

EDIT:

Found one of the videos where the smart BMS is told not be implemented in v12, but in the v13 @8:28 below

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, onizukagto said:

Wow. the Russian really like the V12, had a chuckle where they put a CGI of the V12 shooting down Nikola+ and 16x, ala Tie-fighter/star Wars style. :roflmao:

Edit: Interesting fact, in the pre-production testing models they sent to ecodrift, they used the same motor as the kingsong 16x. 

All the wires used to disconnect the motor, is located outside the "box"so you can take out the motor without opening it, to change the tire/motor easily i guess?

Charging: Box comes with a 2.3A but the V12 can take 10A!  Charging port will be the same as the sherman

Finally a decent V12 review packed with info and not too much talking heads. Nataly definitely makes it more enjoyable.

• Like 3

Oh one more fact ecodrift chief engineer mentioned, V12 "smart" BMS, you can connect and disconnect each battery pack while the wheel is still on. The BMS will automatically balance and make it.. Er... Work? 

If that isn't "smart", I don't know what is. :lol:

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

Oh one more fact ecodrift chief engineer mentioned, V12 "smart" BMS, you can connect and disconnect each battery pack while the wheel is still on. The BMS will automatically balance and make it.. Er... Work? 

That's a great safety feature, one pack (or it's connection) can fail yet it wont be a disaster for the rider.
I hope there will be a warning on the screen if this happen.