Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Is there any information on how the speed throttles as the voltage drops? V11 is 34.1 mph to 80% and 30 mph down to... actually I dont even know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone on Telegram posted a link to InMotion store on Aliexpress, so prince US $2,299 (or about 1900€)   More of product description here:    

I have final prodiction model. Should i do video about it?

Mod edit July 2021: With the V12 now released, a new V12 topic has been split off this one, so you can find reliable post-release information about the V12 there, and continue the discussion there or

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Chaotropic said:

Is there any information on how the speed throttles as the voltage drops? V11 is 34.1 mph to 80% and 30 mph down to... actually I dont even know. 

Its actually 30 mph all the way down to 30% battery which is really good. And then it drops in increments after that slowly. But you can still do like 15 mph even on the "go home" mode or whatever the new firmware calls it. I would expect something similar from the v12 but have not heard anything definitive yet

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Basically just binged @evX_Mick V12 vids!  Outstanding work as usual mate. Thank you!  Still very much one of my favourite EUC content creators!  

Will be passing on the V12 as I've just beaten the price hike and gotten myself a new Sherman and don't see me adding to my V11/Sherman combo.  Great piece of kit though.  I think if you wanted a wheel that you can grow with as a new rider and you live in a city environment, the V12 will be one of the top contenders for your hard earned money! 

 

EDIT:  Also, out of curiosity, what happened to Black Cobra???  How badly was he hurt? 

Edited by Kamikaze_K
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, evX_Mick said:

If you still buy a nikola now that the v12 exists, you just love wasting money. Specs are so close, except you get safety, quality and insane features. Plus the fat toaster Nikola is awful design between the legs. V12 def kills the nikola overall. 

Well, unless you want 2700WH in the 16x3.0 form factor in which case there’s no other choices.

If Gotway drops in the RS motor and releases an official 2700WH config...it’s going to be real tempting given how fast the RS is.

I guess it was wishful thinking on my part hoping this could be a “Sherman light” where you can take it on 60km/h roads (where you need to go 70 to keep up with traffic) for short trips. Looks like Sherman is still the only way to go if looking to use arterial roads on the commute and need decent waterproofing, just not a fan of the jerrycan look. InMotion products are always so polished and classy which don’t draw unwanted attention. I will definitely get questions from security if I try to bring a Sherman to work (“Sir, you need to park that half-dirtbike outside.”)

Link to post
Share on other sites

The tiltback is on par with the other Inmotion models, it starts way too early, also I wonder if the speed is over-reported on the wheel like on the V11 subtracting even more from the top speed, 70kph seems like a dream number same as 55kmh advertised on V11.

Link to post
Share on other sites

its funny how some people expected this wheel to be a "sherman" competitor, not once did inmotion say this or even imply this was the case.

  Just being 100V is great already, everything else is a bonus. The only disappointment was the exclusion of suspension. Sure we all knew it wasn't going to have it, but after seeing it on video, makes me extra sad. 
Gotway can keep it's "performance" crown, because without it, what else does gotway have? :roflmao:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool modern wheel loads of usfull options the Screen seems a good step up vs the rest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Most important can this V12 climb 30/35/40 degree with 90Kg/198lbs rider or not?

This is realy important exact real life test in same condition 35 degree is same in worldwide

Same power like nikola plus = not able climb 30 degree ? 

Ks16X is capable 40 degree no overpower beeps!

Bla bla bla nobody need this hard inclines bla bla i read around WRONG because this represent pure power what you need when EUC fall into pothole or root how easy and IF is capable handle dangerous situation.

Aceleration test can be not exactly same every rider have diferent "hard lean" but incline test is OBJECTIVE and exact!

Incline test have simple results :

1 pass

2 pass with overpower beeps

3 not pass becasue pedal dip

4 not pass becasue board burn 

I own Ks16X have bigest mileage of my EUC i think about change to V12 i need relevant safety data!

I belive in slow riding +-20 mph(30km/h) range be fully compared to 18XL or 16X not problem at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, onizukagto said:

its funny how some people expected this wheel to be a "sherman" competitor, not once did inmotion say this or even imply this was the case.

  Just being 100V is great already, everything else is a bonus. The only disappointment was the exclusion of suspension. Sure we all knew it wasn't going to have it, but after seeing it on video, makes me extra sad. 
Gotway can keep it's "performance" crown, because without it, what else does gotway have? :roflmao:

Actually inmotions PR rep did mention the v12 would be a sherman competitor during thablackcobras livestream interview. He said it wouldnt quite be as high a speed but would be a sherman competitor. So to me upon hearing that, i assumed it would in the 40 mph and 2700wh+ battery range.  It hit the mark on speed but the battery is smaller than my initial hopes.

Upon release and further reflection, an 1750wh 100v battery makes more sense for competitiveness in the market. It fits a much broader group of riders and keeps the pricepoint down. But that doesnt negate the fact that it fell short of being in the sherman class of wheel. Still a beautiful wheel and will probably sell better than a lackluster sherman wannabee would have though. Naturally enthusiasts wanted inmotion to push the envelope, but they didn't stray from the playbook to far and played it safe which should have been expected.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, DjPanJan said:

Bla bla bla nobody need this hard inclines bla bla i read around WRONG because this represent pure power what you need when EUC fall into pothole or root how easy and IF is capable handle dangerous situation.

It’s not that simple. The amount of power available at sub walking speeds and at 40km/h is a very different measure. Take your 16X for example, it softens out after 40km/h and seems to be downright dangerous after 45. Nikola on the other hand keeps going like a champ way further.

 Hill climb steepness is still a good measure, but it just doesn’t tell much about the ability at speed.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I saw in one of Evx vids that he trollys it and then flicks down the kick stand to park it..... Does the kick stand disengage the motor??  If so i sure hope it can only do that at a stop and not while it is moving...

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Simply_Striking said:

So I saw in one of Evx vids that he trollys it and then flicks down the kick stand to park it..... Does the kick stand disengage the motor??  If so i sure hope it can only do that at a stop and not while it is moving...

It's the same as on the V11, it has no connection to the motor it's just a piece of metal, it stays folded upwards in place by friction in some plastic holders, once you fold it down you have to press the motor disengage button at the handle to angle it downward to park it on the stand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

It's the same as on the V11, it has no connection to the motor it's just a piece of metal, it stays folded upwards in place by friction in some plastic holders, once you fold it down you have to press the motor disengage button at the handle to angle it downward to park it on the stand.

Ahh so the motor disengage is a  regular on off, and not a pressure button like on gotways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Simply_Striking said:

Ahh so the motor disengage is a  regular on off, and not a pressure button like on gotways.

No they function the same, press and hold, when you put the wheel on the rest it will be in an angle so the motor will not engage because of the angle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Actually inmotions PR rep did mention the v12 would be a sherman competitor during thablackcobras livestream interview. He said it wouldnt quite be as high a speed but would be a sherman competitor. So to me upon hearing that, i assumed it would in the 40 mph and 2700wh+ battery range.  It hit the mark on speed but the battery is smaller than my initial hopes.

Upon release and further reflection, an 1750wh 100v battery makes more sense for competitiveness in the market. It fits a much broader group of riders and keeps the pricepoint down. But that doesnt negate the fact that it fell short of being in the sherman class of wheel. Still a beautiful wheel and will probably sell better than a lackluster sherman wannabee would have though. Naturally enthusiasts wanted inmotion to push the envelope, but they didn't stray from the playbook to far and played it safe which should have been expected.

Q well, if we are going to quote audio sounds bites, from an early Inmotion v11 interviews  Inmotion CEO also mentioned swappable batteries in the V12. 

Point being, things change between early theory PR babble - Nothing is set in stone- until the final production model.

I mean, if we really have to take notice of PR babble, I don't remember any of them to mention a screen on the V12, or that it would be 100V. 

So honestly I don't see why you have to clutch so hard on this so called "Sherman competitor" utterance. Its Inmotion. Not gotway. :rolleyes:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, onizukagto said:

Q well, if we are going to quote audio sounds bites, from an early Inmotion v11 interviews  Inmotion CEO also mentioned swappable batteries in the V12. 

Point being, things change between early theory PR babble - Nothing is set in stone- until the final production model.

I mean, if we really have to take notice of PR babble, I don't remember any of them to mention a screen on the V12, or that it would be 100V. 

So honestly I don't see why you have to clutch so hard on this so called "Sherman competitor" utterance. Its Inmotion. Not gotway. :rolleyes:

 

Just explaining where the notion came from in the community. It wasn't unjustified projection. We had an employee of the company that made the claim. Naturally people are going to latch onto that, especially when considering the sherman is the cream of the crop for performance standards in the industry at the moment. Everyone wants to see the next wheel that will push the boundry. Dropping a clear tier below in terms of classification and making a safe release is going to leave some people dissatisfied. Like i said, i fully expected a bigger battery initially. In hindsight a 1750wh makes more sense to compete with the 1800 class of wheels, but its still a letdown from initial hints. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be on my radar for my next wheel BUT am I the only one who is a little  disappointed that it's only a 16" wheel?  I would really be excited if it was a 19" Maybe  it won't  matter?:popcorn:

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Pev junkie said:

BUT am I the only one who is a little  disappointed that it's only a 16" wheel

Having only experience on a 16" wheel (the v8f), what are some differences between wheel sizes? are larger wheels more stable? Are there more benefits?

I keep reading about people cannot see a 16" wheel going 70KPH, just wondering why.

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Pev junkie said:

This may be on my radar for my next wheel BUT am I the only one who is a little  disappointed that it's only a 16" wheel?  I would really be excited if it was a 19" Maybe  it won't  matter?:popcorn:

yea i kinda wish the V11 and V12 had a fat love child.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, monkeytacos said:

Having only experience on a 16" wheel (the v8f), what are some differences between wheel sizes? are larger wheels more stable? Are there more benefits?

I keep reading about people cannot see a 16" wheel going 70KPH, just wondering why.

Thanks!

Comparing V8F 2.125” wide tire and the V10F 2.5” tire ... made a huge difference in stability feel. 

Now Sherman at 3” wide and 20” diameter, is on another level yet.

but they are still unicycle on a small contact patch so relatively nimble. Hard to explain but I feel the Sherman is quite capable. 
 

V10F is still nice but when it’s a tighter space. 
 

The V12 being 3” wide is likely morestable than the V10F. Not exactly sure if the diameter will add to it in stability but the diameter helps with dampening bumps for sure. 


 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's just me, but I don't feel a whole lot of difference between my Nik+ & V10 in handling.  Maybe I don't go fast enough  (rarely over 30km/h).

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Sherman is of course an 18x3" wheel just like MSX, MSP, RS, EX, V11 and S18. There are no 19" or 20" tires on these wheels, they are all marked 18x3" or 2.75-14. Only the Monster has a larger diameter than that. 

If you do a straight measure of the Sherman’s tire of the outer diameter, it is roughly 19.75”. Likewise on the v10, the tire size diameter is 16.5”.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mango said:

If you do a straight measure of the Sherman’s tire of the outer diameter, it is roughly 19.75”. Likewise on the v10, the tire size diameter is 16.5”.

Sure, but the point is that the others are the same diameter. It makes no sense calling some wheels 18" and some 20". Either all the 18x3" wheels are 20" wheels or not. Sherman is not different size (well, the knobby version is a bit larger). Similarly it makes no sense talking about a 16" category without always mentioning the width. 16x3" is vastly different than 16x2.125". They are definitely not the same category. On the other hand, talking about the real diameter is also confusing as the markings on the tire don't match. I suggest we always just mention the marking on the tire and not mix sometimes real diameter and sometimes not. Talking bout 18", 19" and 20" wheels when they all are the same size (apart from 18x2.5") is not helpful. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...