Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone on Telegram posted a link to InMotion store on Aliexpress, so prince US $2,299 (or about 1900€)   More of product description here:    

I have final prodiction model. Should i do video about it?

Mod edit July 2021: With the V12 now released, a new V12 topic has been split off this one, so you can find reliable post-release information about the V12 there, and continue the discussion there or

Posted Images

  

1 hour ago, Silver said:

Is it really so hard to believe that inmotion would make a fast wheel, that you're willing to come up with all of these reasons as to why inmotion are lying about the top speed?

I suppose you're also going to say that the wheel they send out to New York for all of the crazy speed demons to test is going to be one specifically manufactured for New York and the ones they'll ship out to customers are going to be slower for some reason.

I'm not saying they're lying. I'm simply saying, that if I ran the company, I wouldn't tell the opposition what I was producing. Especially after what happened with the V11 and the KS S18. If we have valid reports that the wheel is capable of 42mph then obviously I'm wrong. Who has actually tested the wheel and what have they said?

Edited by mike_bike_kite
Link to post
Share on other sites

The look is growing on me. I may sell my v10f to fund this V12 purchase.

 

Since the V12, on paper, doesn't exceed the specs of any current performace wheel, the inmotion motor, 100v, 16" wheel size may prove it to be a very fast off-the-line wheel. The killer feature may be it's fast acceleration. May be an urban street beast.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I'm simply saying, that if I ran the company, I wouldn't tell the opposition what I was producing. Especially after what happened with the V11 and the KS S18.

They have to market it to consumers eventually, they can't just keep hiding the details of this wheel forever. Plus, it would just make them look bad if the released fake information about the speed because clearly a lot of people like the idea of a faster inmotion wheel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My last two wheels were gotway due to the performance head room. If I'm honest most of my cruising is around 25mph or on goat trails in the dirt at less than 10mph. It's nice to have the extra speed when you want too or need to go fast.

With inmotion getting into the game that was once all gotway it opens up the choices to better quality for people like me and that makes me Happy. 

I hope gotway/begode ups their game too!

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

126V here we come!

Or not, who knows...

I could see gotway just going bigger and not improving the shell, battery packaging, weather mitigation or wire routing....that would be SOP for them hahaha

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the comment that “no one outside of NYC wants wheels this fast” is laughable. One, it invokes a “black amd white” hyperbolic assertion. I don’t know  @mike_bike_kiteand would give him the benefit of the doubt that he’s merely exaggerating for emphasis and doesn’t suffer from the myopic view that the world of EUCs are divided into riders who crave speed (New Yorkers) and those who don’t (everyone else). By definition, anyone not “of” New York who craves “this” speed invalidates his premise as the cross section of “no one” is now populated by “someone” and his premise is a fallacy. Oh... there was a “two” to my point... I want more speed. Regardless of what the data of the EUC world app may suggest (and again, I’ll just assume that it’s correct and give Mike the benefit of the doubt... I mean absolutely no disrespect!!!) I think suggesting that a wheel should be speed limited by anything other that the technology available to allow for it is backward.
 

I can’t help but think that if we used the data of an aggregate average speed across the motoring public in the world (it’s 30 km/h or 18.6 mph) and accepted that as our benchmark for the upper limits of our vehicles we would have less drivers... 

Oh wait... maybe that’s not a bad idea! Ok  I want a wheel with “this” kind of speed and I’m not from or anywhere near NYC.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am curious about how they are going to solve the problem of the new mandatory CE marking in the European Union.

Theoretically, this year it has to be implemented in all EU countries and no EUC (no PLEV in general) can be manufactured, sold or used on public roads that does not comply with that EN17128:2020 standard. That standard lines the speed to 25 km / h, acceleration (not power) and many other construction and safety specifications.

The current mandatory CE marking is the same as that of an iron or a vacuum cleaner (basic electrical issue). In the new CE, the speed limitation will have to be "fixed" constructive by design; an app or buttons that the user can change is not worth it.

I hope that I am wrong and that my bad news information has another solution, because to me, any electric vehicle seems to me that it would have to be promoted, whatever it was.

COVID-19 is a joke compared to the climate change above us, which has gigantic inertia and is much closer to the first non-return point end than most people think (maybe 20-30 years)

Edited by Halig
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MR BRAD said:

I think the comment that “no one outside of NYC wants wheels this fast” is laughable. One, it invokes a “black amd white” hyperbolic assertion. I don’t know  @mike_bike_kiteand would give him the benefit of the doubt that he’s merely exaggerating for emphasis and doesn’t suffer from the myopic view that the world of EUCs are divided into riders who crave speed (New Yorkers) and those who don’t (everyone else). By definition, anyone not “of” New York who craves “this” speed invalidates his premise as the cross section of “no one” is now populated by “someone” and his premise is a fallacy. Oh... there was a “two” to my point... I want more speed. Regardless of what the data of the EUC world app may suggest (and again, I’ll just assume that it’s correct and give Mike the benefit of the doubt... I mean absolutely no disrespect!!!) I think suggesting that a wheel should be speed limited by anything other that the technology available to allow for it is backward.
 

I can’t help but think that if we used the data of an aggregate average speed across the motoring public in the world (it’s 30 km/h or 18.6 mph) and accepted that as our benchmark for the upper limits of our vehicles we would have less drivers... 

Oh wait... maybe that’s not a bad idea! Ok  I want a wheel with “this” kind of speed and I’m not from or anywhere near NYC.  

 

Bit tough trying to work out what you're trying to say. Yes, obviously it was a sweeping generalisation, but the the numbers returned by the EUC World app were quite striking. It wasn't reporting average speed, it was the average maximum speed (original post is here). You guys keep saying you want more speed but the numbers returned by the EUC World app definitely suggest something different. I'm not against manufacturers producing high speed wheels but that will raise the price putting them out of most people's range and raise the weight making them less useful. You say you want more speed but, at the end of the day, you ride a V10F which means your chosen wheel has a top speed of 25mph.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If only NYC wanted higher speeds, then I don't think Sherman would have been as popular as it was.. your talking about a 3000 dollar wheel that a decent amount of people bought. I doubt all sales were just in NYC.

I welcome higher speeds, as long as other features and safety keeps moving fwd.

Looking at the v12, it seems they are still pushing fwd with other enhancements as well as speed. It's a win win

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, /Dev/Null said:

Inmotion is releasing the exact wheel I was looking for 12 months ago..

Pretty sure everyone is looking for the future desired wheel to be released, but we got hundreds if not a few thousand miles during that period on our current existing wheel(s). 

I wanted a fast wheel coming from a ks18xl so I got an RS. Im grateful for no issues on the RS but I don't mind trading down in size for this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Silver said:

Those stats completely ignore what type of wheel the rider was using...

You can easily infer the type of wheel from the length of the tour. He stated that for tours of over 50km (which requires a modern high end wheel) the top speed was between 26mph and 32mph.

1 hour ago, Silver said:

Cheaper, lighter weight, low range, and low speed wheels already exist and people already have them. Those people aren't going to be enticed to buy a new wheel if it's just what they have already but now it has a touch screen on it.

I have a cheaper, light weight, low range and low speed wheel. I'd love a wheel that can hit 30mph safely and has a little longer range. Unfortunately there really aren't that many about. The KS18XL is old hat and has a narrow tyre. The V11 is too fragile (for me). Modern Gotways either have 100v batteries which seem to be a fire risk or their bearings fall apart. The Sherman is just way too heavy and over the top for what I need (perhaps they should of called it the Tiger II). If the KS16X was safe at 30mph then I'd of happily bought that but in the end I bought a Nikola+ even though it was much heavier than I wanted and faster than I needed but I bought it because there really isn't much choice out there. Unfortunately (though perhaps fortunately) they couldn't deliver the wheel so I'm left still looking for a new wheel. The V12 might be the one but if I have to pay extra for a top speed I'll never use then I'll probably keep looking.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I do know what I want - a wheel that's capable of 30mph even though I'll normally ride slower, a wheel that's easy to trolley around when I'm out shopping and one that I can actually pick up without pulling my back. It also has to be rugged with decent lighting front and back. Sadly no manufacturer seems to produce it which is a shame as it seems a fairly "standard" need.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I do know what I want - a wheel that's capable of 30mph even though I'll normally ride slower, a wheel that's easy to trolley around when I'm out shopping and one that I can actually pick up without pulling my back. It also has to be rugged with decent lighting front and back. Sadly no manufacturer seems to produce it which is a shame as it seems a fairly "standard" need.

Sounds like an mcm5 would be a good fit. Fairly decent top speed (high 20s if you're daring enough) for a 14in wheel with a strong motor in a small body. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Bit tough trying to work out what you're trying to say.

 

I didn’t mean to be unclear. In sum, yes, I would like the headroom of safety afforded by a wheel with the capacity of going faster. Further, I would also like the absolute capability of a wheel that allows for higher maximum speeds. As for my ride; the V10, my first wheel, was what seemed to afford the best intersection of speed, safety and quality at the time of my purchase. While I have never regretted my purchase, I have, like many (note, I did not say “most” or even “like ALL NEW YORKERS”) wanted a faster wheel. 
 

I agree that with added features (one of which would be the technology to allow for higher speed)  the cost will suffer an uptick. And beyond the financial impact so too is the increased weight, decreased maneuverability, negative impact on range (all other factors remaining equal or constant). I appreciate that there is no such thing as “a one does all” product. As a motorcyclist, I don’t expect my work bike to perform the same way that my track bike does. It would be great if they did and all else remained the same; alas, ain’t gonna happen.

The use of data to define a segment is objective and I appreciate the idea that numbers can tell a story that is meaningful insofar as setting the market and development of a wheel. Ironic though that stats are invoked in the same breath as an allusion to speed limited by geography. Put another way, an appreciation or longing or even need for more speed is not confined to the five boroughs. I would characterize that suggestion as anything but objective or supported by data. 
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...