P vs E+ My experience

Paulandjacquelyn

I know cranium has posted a lot of great information on his experience but I wanted to offer another perspective.

I love my P.  After riding it....I can not stand to ride my e+ anymore.  The feeling of power, torque and in a couple weeks only 1 road trip tilt.....its an amazing machine. 

The extra speed is perfect and has me feeling much safer to ride on street vs sidewalk.  

In regards to the mother boards being the same.   Since I've not had any instance of what could be over heating tilt it does not matter.   Auto makers sell us cars with very few changes over a run of models.  We would choose to buy the "new" model over last years to get new but if we looked into, probably would find 95% same parts or more lol.  

I drive it fast.  I'm now going across town, even carrying the Christmas tree (lol) because i am much more comfortable than i was on ever on my e+.   It's a phenomenal upgrade in drivability and comfort.

I would recommend buying one in a second.  My E+ is now collecting dust because on the basis of speed, torque and the power comfort it provides is just plain beautiful.

Cranium, in reading your post i sometimes wonder if your p has something wrong , maybe mfg issue.  I feel such a difference between the two models that I just wonder. 

I was definitely in tune with your post and respect what you've experienced but  as I've ridden over a 100 miles, I just haven't had any issues.  Again, i ride fairly hard as i like to get from point a to c quickly.  

Rating: Ninebot P is a BUY!  It drives like a mercedes!   This is anorher perspective for anyone looking to buy a P.

I agree with all of your points about the P.  You can certainly feel the additional torque and speed.  And these are great!  I will also ride my P over my E+ the majority of the time.

And I agree that my P may be an anomaly.  There may be a manufacturing issue that is causing overheating to just my unit.  I am trying to be careful in my posts to not declare the P as an issue but to just post observations and bring up my concerns as talking points.

I like seeing posts from other P owners who share their experiences and post measurements to compare to mine.  Because this model is so new, until we compare notes, we don't know what the norm is.  I want my P to be the only one with the overheating issue because that means I'll be able to get it fixed and we can all enjoy out P's! :)

Thank you Both for your posts about your experiences.  Over the past few rides, I find myself AT the speed limit quite a bit lately.  It would be nice to have Just a Little More, and it sounds like the P will have that.  I won't upgrade yet, but I'll be looking forward to it, or the new NineBot One Ps when it comes out..  Yes, a little iPhone humor.

Knowing NineBot is big enough to buy Segway, and that they have a Lot invested (at LEAST 80 Million Dollars), makes me comfortable with my purchases from them that they will likely be around when I need something.  Also, having ridden Two wheels, I can say that the NineBot is definitely the Cadillac of wheels in my small comparison.  Of course, there may be others better, but that's my experience.

Since we're all living in different parts of the globe, does ambient temperature play a large role with cooling & overheating?  At this time of year Florida is 30F higher than Seattle for example.  Wouldn't a bot in Sothern Cali or Florida be more prone to overheating?

Very good point not to forget different temperatures! It's 10 degrees cold outside while I'm writing this but got my E+ overheated two days ago while training driving backwards - just by swinging back and forward for an hour. Without wanting to offend anyone please don't forget the different weights of the drivers posting here. It's really a difference carrying a person who is over 100 kg or maybe someone at 60 kg - Ninebot is only a small machine compared to a car. So weight, temperature and driving style really matter.

Yes, ambient temperature would definitely have a role to play in cooling and overheating.  It's a nice 82°F here right now so the temperature of the board can raise by 78°F before it shuts down.  Having another 30°F buffer would be nice but I'll  pass on the requirement to be freezing while riding.  I like being able to ride in short sleeves, flip-flops and shorts.  :D

And I'm a heavier guy so the temperatures will raise quicker than with a light guy.

19 minutes ago, Paulandjacquelyn said:

Can some one advise on how to wire in a small fan for cooling? Would minimal draw be safe for batteries.  Thinking best would be to tap into led connections.  

But how do you get the air flow without compromising the Water Resistance?

Archived