IPS Lhotz - Finally!

Paddylaz

I don't wish to use any clichés like 'christmas has come early.'

But.....CHRISTMAS HAS ******* COME EARLY. After a 1.5 month wait, I've finally got my hands on this particular IPS model that I've wanted since I first laid eyes on it in pictures. Not really sure why I wanted it so badly....I just think it looks fantastic. Slick and stylish but also.....muscular and serious looking. As slick as the ninebot looks, it always reminds me of an office appliance or one of my old Gateway computers in round form. This on the other hand looks sporty and.....well I love it. I'm not a speed freak but 30km/h is obviously beastly and I particularly like the fact that there's no tilt back till 27km/h. Ive taken it for a spin round my area already, hit 22ish before beeps.

Points of note:

-Purchased for £680 from the official IPS store on Amazon. My timing it appears was good as they've now removed all stock from amazon most likely due to the hoverboard situation. If you're interested in this model, other than contacting runrui direct at ips (NOT tony at ipselectricuniycle), you can also get one at www.electro-sport.de (never used them before).

-My particular model obviously uses the old board/module luckily so I was able to connect to Keith's custom app that he has made and now can skip the 100km wait before I can unlock the full speed. 

-A big past complaint about this model was the cap for the power socket that kept coming loose. As you can see from the photos they have replaced that rubber one with a nice slick looking steel screw cap.

-Letters on the side of the machine are a bit loose. They'll probably all come off and Ive already lost three or four but not a big fan of them anyway.

-Riding Mode: There are none, but in terms of 'feel' it is hard. But in a good way. ('That's what she said.'). If this were a ninebot I would describe it as feeling like '0' or even a '-1'

-Some of the red padding feels a bit cheap and one small section is peeling off a bit but nothing some super glue won't fix.

-Sound: Bit louder than the Ninebot. Also, when the wheel is stationary, it makes a quiet rustling noise. Sounds almost exactly like a cat purring. Well.....a cat with a bit of a cold.

Any questions let me know. Can I just say a special thanks to Villac on the forum who has the white one and answered a lot of my questions pre-purchase. Much appreciated!

PHOTOS: http://imgur.com/a/hJob7

Nice! Have fun with it :) 

I also can't recommend electro-sport.de enough. I ordered my IPS a130 there last saturday at around 21:30. There was some problem with paypal and the payment didn't go trough. I contacted him by email at 21:45 and he responded within 5 minutes! The unit arrived 3 days later, and the shipping is free within germany aswell. So overall great service from them.

24 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

I Also, when the wheel is stationary, it makes a quiet rustling noise. Sounds almost exactly like a cat purring. Well.....a cat with a bit of a cold.

My IPS makes the same kind of noise :D 

Archived