EUC World 2.4 now available in Google Play

Seba

Hello @Seba, I would like the share with all of you guys and especially with you my last experience with EUC World.

During these COVID days, I have not used my wheels so much. I had an older version of EUC World than what is available today. I have a Gotway Tesla v1 and a Gotway MSX 84V. Most of the time I ride with my MSX. I upgraded EUC World to 2.4.3 and everything worked fine with my MSX. A few days later, I tried to connect EUC World to the Tesla and it couldn't discover the wheel.

The BAD NEWS: These last days, I try to play with riding modes "soft, medium, hard" and I am frustrated since I cannot change the config of my Tesla. I've tried to useEUC World several mobile phones without any success. Then, I uninstalled and reinstalled EUC World on my mobile phone and the result was a nightmare. EUC World did not connect neither to Tesla nor to the MSX :-(

The GOOD NEWS: I installed an app called "Bluetooth Electronics". I've used the "discover" feature of this app and at the end of the discover process shows, among other things, the bluetooth addresses of both wheels (which were ON). First of all, I planned to ask you @Seba if it may be useful/efficient/make-sense to have a window (in EUC World) in which we can put the bluetooth address of the wheel. It may be useful if the EUC World process fails. But there was a surprise, after using "Bluetooth Electronics" discover, I've tried to rescan my wheels through EUC World and it could see both wheels. I don't know if everything will be ok after a shutdown. So, I switched off my mobile phone and restarted it and everything were still going on working like a charm.

As a conclusion, I'm now a happy wheeler and a happier EUC World user if it is possible to be happier than I already am :-)

Edited by koto
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, koto said:

But there was a surprise, after using "Bluetooth Electronics" discover, I've tried to rescan my wheels through EUC World and it could see both wheels. I don't know if everything will be ok after a shutdown. So, I switched off my mobile phone and restarted it and everything were still going on working like a charm.

It's caused by a bug inside Android Bluetooth stack. I experience it from time to time and it happens in very similar way - you loose connectivity with certain device or, less often, all devices. I experienced it yesterday, when working with Ninebot E+ (I'm now reworking entire Ninebot support in EUCW). At some moment, connectivity with this wheel stopped to work. App correctly showed this wheel on a scan result list, but connection never happened. It is not an app fault, it just stopped to receive connection events from Android BT LE stack. Phone restart solved this issue.

I'm happy that you resolved your issue and got EUCW working again :)

On 3/28/2021 at 7:53 AM, Seba said:

It's caused by a bug inside Android Bluetooth stack. I experience it from time to time and it happens in very similar way - you loose connectivity with certain device or, less often, all devices. I experienced it yesterday, when working with Ninebot E+ (I'm now reworking entire Ninebot support in EUCW). At some moment, connectivity with this wheel stopped to work. App correctly showed this wheel on a scan result list, but connection never happened. It is not an app fault, it just stopped to receive connection events from Android BT LE stack. Phone restart solved this issue.

I'm happy that you resolved your issue and got EUCW working again :)

The phone on which I made the experience I mentioned before is a Huawei P30lite (Android 10).

I've tried to do the same thing with a Huawei P10lite (Android 8)  but "Bluetooth Electronics" does not work properly on this device :-(

I alse have an old Samsung Galaxy S4 with a lineageOS version of January 2nd 2021 and I couldn't connect to the wheels. I've just installed the latest version of lineageOS available today on my S4 and there is no need to use anything else but EUC World and it works fine :clap3:. EUC World version has not changed between these 2 tests. I haven't installed open-gapps. I don't know if it may change something... I cannot explain this behavior but the most important thing is that I can use 2 phones with EUC World :thumbup: to connect to my wheels while this morning I had nothing.

Obviously, EUC World is build on top of android so it depends on android behavior. Android implementation are not identical on all devices so unfortunetaly EUC World users may be lucky or sometime unlucky even if EUC World do the right job (as it seems to be :-) )... @Seba, in order to make EUC World perfect, you just need to create your own mobile phone dedicated to EUC World usage. We need this feature for yesterday ;). Let's stop kidding, Thank you so much for what you are doing with EUC World

Edited by koto
  • Like 1

• I didn't know there is a Begode App now.
  • Unfortunately, this morning on my Huawei P30lite, EUC World cannot discover my wheels :-(, but on my Samsung S4/LineageOS EUC World still works fine.
  • I installed de Begode App and it can discover both wheels. After that, I started EUC World and it works.

@Seba I don't know how you can "sniff" Begode App discover process or something like that but it seems that there is a room for improvement in the discover process. I have no idea on how to do that.

I think, I definitely have a solution mixing Begode app for discover process, and EUC World for everything else. :D

Edited by koto

4 hours ago, koto said:

@Seba I don't know how you can "sniff" Begode App discover process or something like that but it seems that there is a room for improvement in the discover process. I have no idea on how to do that.

Actually, there is nothing to sniff. Both Begode app and EUC World uses the same system components and calls to scan for and connect to BT LE devices. Anyway, you can send me an issue report and I'll check the app log for any errors or exceptions. But I suspect it's just a coincidence.

It seems that we can sniff bluetooth packets but we need the following device (for example): https://wiki.elvis.science/index.php?title=Ubertooth_One,_2.4_GHz_wireless_development_platform

And with the following process: https://wiki.elvis.science/index.php?title=Bluetooth_Sniffing_with_Ubertooth:_A_Step-by-step_guide

I'm just curious about bluetooth sniffing.

@SebaI will try to send you app logs.

Or you can use the Android app Serial Bluetooth Terminal

image.thumb.png.4b668049ebbb8cb446aad20e67cfa18a.png

Below connected to my MS3 (You can get the frames from the wheel, but not the frames from the application (BEGODE, EUC World) to the wheel)

image.thumb.png.dd3408e4d078dbbee6d74779b9f9f6b3.png