EUC World 2.4 now available in Google Play

Seba

34 minutes ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

Is there still a Tizen update for the Samsung Galaxy Watch coming for this version or does the old version continue to work with V2.4?

Current version should work with 2.4 as usual, but I plan to release Tizen update next month that will add some features and should add compatibility for newest Samsung watches and phones.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Seba said:

Current version should work with 2.4 as usual, but I plan to release Tizen update next month that will add some features and should add compatibility for newest Samsung watches and phones.

Pardon my ignorance, but does that mean EUC World is not currently working on the Galaxy 3 Watch? Stand by for next update?

I downgraded EUC World App to old Version, because the Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm doesn't work very well with the new update. 

The single tap and double tap action doesn't work reliably on watch screen. Sometimes it works, then it doesn't work at all or the delay is very long. I use those functions for toggle the lights and horn. 

The "tap and hold action" still doesn't work as usual. 😊

• Like 2

On 1/22/2021 at 8:50 PM, Halig said:

Many thanks for this interesting update! :efefae4566:

About major change #3 ("Option to continue last finished tour when starting new tour recording. This is possible if new tour starting point is located within 200 meters from finish location of last tour and last tour was finished no more than 6 hours earlier."):

I have checked "Start (tour recording) when wheel is connected". In this situation, I think is impossible to continue with the last tour, because a new "last" tour is started (the actual tour).

My suggestion: if this option is checked & we dont have make movement, will be a good option appear the possibility to continue with the "real" last tour and reject the current null tour (without km or change of place)

It would also be nice if the finish time could be set to 10 hours. I use my wheel as a commuter to work, and a workday is no less than 8 hours.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 3:15 PM, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

I downgraded EUC World App to old Version, because the Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm doesn't work very well with the new update. 

The single tap and double tap action doesn't work reliably on watch screen. Sometimes it works, then it doesn't work at all or the delay is very long. I use those functions for toggle the lights and horn. 

The "tap and hold action" still doesn't work as usual. 😊

I noticed the lag on the watch also. It used to work great!

• Like 2

Anyone use this update on a lemfoT with it in portrait mode? Is it still the same useable and uncluttered main screen as before, or has something changed? Im one of those that HATES updating things, with a  passion. I've been tempted to try the update, but if it aint broke........

8 hours ago, enaon said:

I get an "Error while checking for firmware updates" using s18 on latest eucworld version, checked 2.2.1 version and is displaying firmware options ok.

Thank you for reporting issue, I'll check it today evening.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The lateral tilt is a interesting feature. Does it work with other EUCs or just the RS? If so is low better as in lower to the ground... Or a low lateral angle? Or high as in a high lateral angle... IE 50° or higher? Just wondering because I used it on my MSP and I see no difference.. but it did beep like it calibrated some sort of option. Just don't wanna go riding and eat the pavement. >.< Thanks again.

https://newegg.io/f5848e5https://newegg.io/f5848e5

1 hour ago, Hansolo said:

Only on recent BEGODE, I even think that the first batch of the RS do not have the firmware to adjust the lateral tilt.

Ah good to know... was a bit concerning since it did give me a response when changing to either option. Granted it didn't seem to really edit much.. so good to have clarification :D

• Like 1

Hello every1.  Went for first ride since November today, have current version of EUCworld.  MSX 84v would not connect.  App doesnt find it.  

I figured it out. Sorry guys. My error. I had location off in settings. Once enabled, found msx right away

Edited by Stadler

On 1/21/2021 at 6:45 AM, Seba said:

I'm happy to announce that long-waited EUC World 2.4 is now available in Google Play store. Here you can read detailed release notes:

Major changes and new features:

1. Lateral tilt limit and beeper volume settings are available for newest Begode RS.

2. Battery charging controller, utilising TP-Link HS110 smartplug. Charging control can be used to actively monitor and control battery charging process and terminate charging when battery is fully charged, after balancing phase. User can also define battery level at which charging is terminated (this requires wheel to be connected during entire charging process). Safety timer may also be set to terminate charging after defined time. Note: this is a "Premium" feature.

3. Option to continue last finished tour when starting new tour recording. This is possible if new tour starting point is located within 200 meters from finish location of last tour and last tour was finished no more than 6 hours earlier.

4. LED mode in Gotway/Begode wheels can be set to "stick" to last user selection.

5. Automatic "Go Home" mode for Inmotion V11. When low battery mode is detected, "Go Home" mode is activated automatically so rider can continue riding.

6. Optimizations for Lemfo Lem T or Ticwris Max devices making EUC World much easier to use on these devices.

7. Weather information may be received during a ride, including wind analysis. Weather is reported for a rider current location and is refreshed every 15 minutes. Wind analysis allows rider to be aware how wind impacts his ride, providing information about effective wind impact on the ride. Tool especially helpful for a long-distance riders. This requires Internet connectivity (data plan usage is very low). Note: this is a "Premium" feature.

8. New quick actions added - "Strobe" for enabling/disabling strobe light and "Request weather information" for requesting weather information message.

9. Introduced compact display mode - feature that hides top status bar when minimizing bottom bar. This maximizes usable screen area and is recommended for all small-screen devices.

10. Issue reporting tool built-in into application. This allows user to easily report any issues and bugs and all necessary technical information will be attached to the issue report and sent, greatly helping with resolution of the problem.

11. Internal web server that allows for integration with other applications thanks to open HTTP API. In future releases this will also allow to remotely control EUC World app from any device within the same home/local network (for example to remotely control charging process).

12. Option to keep alive Bluetooth audio devices. Some BT headphones/speakers etc. goes to standby/power save mode when no audio is played for some time. When audio is played, restoring normal mode may take some time causing the beginning of the audio to be cut. Keep alive option prevents BT audio devices to go to sleep by playing quiet noise that sometimes can be heard as a waves on the sea shore.

13. Added Romanian language.

Other changes:

1. Unified and simplified user interface.

2. Default font has been changed from condensed to regular for better readability.

3. Simplified and improved dialog windows. Where possible (and applicable), dialog windows were replaced by simple settings in application menu.

4. Application menu has been reorganized. Grouped settings into categories and added descriptions to make settings easier to understand and use.

5. Simplified top navigation bar. Speech and watch button has been removed, as they are not required to be readily available. Remaining buttons has been slightly enlarged, so it's now easier to use them.

6. When connecting to a new Ninebot or Gotway/Begode wheel (that wasn't yet used with the app), dialog window pops asking user to select wheel model. Once selected, wheel model can be changed from wheel settings (not available when tour recording or data logging is active).

7. Interrupted tour recording now also works for autostarted tours.

8. Improves application stability and reliability. Now when killed, app doesn't restart its components. Still, killing the app is not a best way to close it, because...

9. App can be also closed from main menu.

10. Tour map now displays rider location even if tour recording is not active.

11. Journey timer now doesn't start until first movement is detected.

12. Legal speed limit is now adaptive, depending on area (country, state etc.) where rider is located. This requires Internet connectivity (data plan usage is very low).

13. Altitude displayed on GPS gauge is now relative to mean sea level instead of theoretical, WGS84 ellipsoid.

14. Wheel model may be displayed on tour page in euc.world. User may prohibit this in account privacy settings.

15. Wheel model may be included on video overlay.

16. Wheel password dialog is no longer displayed for recognized wheels that doesn't support password/PIN protection.

17. Improved support for most recent King Song firmware versions.

18. Improved support for Veteran Sherman.

19. Other minor changes, bug fixes and improvements.

20. Now EUC World will love you even more :wub:

Hello @Seba,

Thanks for continued support. Is there a way to store multiple wheels info without having to change settings with different wheels?  One day I may choose to ride MSX, next day maybe S18....

As of now, I need to go to settings each time and configure. Would be so much more convenient if settings were remembered by wheel. Thanks again for everything

stadler

20 hours ago, Artullas said:

Anyone knows how to make the new version stop talking? When connects it says dataloggijg is activated, and when riding it keeps telling me my speed.

I am not using it at tge moment because i don't like this behavior :(

1. Start EUC World app.
  2. Open menu by tapping menu icon at the right top corner of the screen.
  3. Tap on "Sounds & Speech" menu item.
  4. Turn off "Voice prompts & messages".
  • Like 2

Hi @Seba!
For some reason, ever since I updated the EUC World app, it no longer connects to Wheel Log on my Pebble Watch.  I've also noticed that the icon to connect to a smartwatch is now missing on the main screen.  Do you have a solution to this?

UPDATE:  I factory reset the Pebble and reinstalled the apps and everything seems to be OK now.

Edited by Dragonfly EUC

A  small detail for the S18, the slider that adjusts pedal tilt moves by the 10nths as now is, making it not really useful. I would still leave 10 steps in the gui, but move one value only  for each step, it gives usable precision this way. 

• 3 weeks later...

The headlight on my Mten3 doesn't come back on after falling. 

I don't know if this is normal for Gotway wheels, a bug with EUC World, or if I shorted something after just opening it. The Headlight Mode setting in the app still says "on" after tipping it over even though the light is off. The Persistent light setting doesn't affect it.

6 hours ago, BlueCrow said:

The headlight on my Mten3 doesn't come back on after falling. 

I don't know if this is normal for Gotway wheels, a bug with EUC World, or if I shorted something after just opening it. The Headlight Mode setting in the app still says "on" after tipping it over even though the light is off. The Persistent light setting doesn't affect it.

For 99% this is a problem with your Mten3. Headlight on mine Mten3 also stopped working after some time, however there were no fall involved. To make sure it's a hardware thing just try to switch the light by short pressing the power button. Normally it should toggle the light. If it doesn't, it's a problem with mainboard, wiring, LED etc.

8 hours ago, Seba said:

For 99% this is a problem with your Mten3. Headlight on mine Mten3 also stopped working after some time, however there were no fall involved. To make sure it's a hardware thing just try to switch the light by short pressing the power button. Normally it should toggle the light. If it doesn't, it's a problem with mainboard, wiring, LED etc.

Short-pressing the power button works to turn the light on.

I wasn't clear enough. I meant to say my headlight works but each time the Mten3 tips over and the self-balancing mechanism resets itself and you hear a beep, the headlight automatically turns off. I would then need to manually turn it back on each time. 

Edit: I asked around more and apparently this is normal behavior with Gotway wheels.

Edited by BlueCrow

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 8:02 AM, BlueCrow said:

... each time the Mten3 tips over and the self-balancing mechanism resets itself and you hear a beep, the headlight automatically turns off. I would then need to manually turn it back on each time.

Yes, my Tesla V2 does the same. I don't think there's any way around it.

Or one can enable double tap turn/off lights & also enable BT msg so all I do is climb back on, pull out the phone & double tap on the app screen. BT will tell me if lights are on/flash/off. Personally I like this feature as I can control lights anytime while riding.